Another chapter!

Zas678

Looks like there's another chapter of Calamity available on io9.com!

Although, truth be told, I was really worried about clicking on it since it said "First look at the Final Chapter in Brandon Sanderson's Superhero trilogy!" But don't you worry. It's just the prologue, chapter one, and chapter two. 

Looks like he's made some edits to Chapter 1 since it was available last.  That, or I'm just not remembering it properly.  

Prologue definitely seems to imply David is an Epic IMO.  The tidbit about the mobiles not needing to recharge was new to me, so I'm curious to see if they have a Mobile-Making epic.  I'm so excited to learn more about Knighthawk.  I wonder who's bodies David has just bumped into :).  

Looks like he's made some edits to Chapter 1 since it was available last. That, or I'm just not remembering it properly.

Prologue definitely seems to imply David is an Epic IMO. The tidbit about the mobiles not needing to recharge was new to me, so I'm curious to see if they have a Mobile-Making epic. I'm so excited to learn more about Knighthawk. I wonder who's bodies David has just bumped into :).

My guess is the Epics whose powers the Foundry used to make Epic tech, though I could be wrong.

And I agree that the prologue seems to imply David's Epicness.

Anyone else find it odd that they remove the battery from a piece of tech that never needs recharging?

I guess maybe the mobiles are a combination of 2 Epic Powers? 1 for unlimited power, 1 for functionality?

I doubt he has powers at this point actually. Remember that Epics can't gift their powers to other epics, and Prof gave him a pretty BIG gifting towards the end of Firefight.

Calamity can always try again later. At least..I think it can.

I doubt he has powers at this point actually. Remember that Epics can't gift their powers to other epics, and Prof gave him a pretty BIG gifting towards the end of Firefight.

Prof gave it, but do we actually see David use it? I'm rereading from David being offered(given?) powers, but I doubt I'll finish reading before tomorrow night.

Calamity can always try again later. At least..I think it can.

I'm inclined to think this is the correct interpretation, Calamity has claimed him but not yet as an Epic.

EDIT:

Prof gave it, but do we actually see David use it? I'm rereading from David being offered(given?) powers, but I doubt I'll finish reading before tomorrow night.

Yep. He heals from pretty much being dead.

Edited by Voidus

Well he did have to regrow half his body IIRC.

Well he did have to regrow half his body IIRC.

Yeah, I know. For some reason, I had it in my head that either he'd been Gifted the regeneration before he met Calamity and maybe already-gifted Powers remained, or that the meeting with Calamity happened after he got crispy-fried.

Another theory that's been floating around is that David's power is the ability to steal other Epic powers which could explain how Prof was still able to give him a massive dose of power despite David being an epic. Also I think there's a WOB that confirms that powers like this do exist but I'm not sure.

Am I the only one in which that Prologue screamed Prof to? Like, it just fits Prof, and his struggle to not give in to the corruption. Then, in Babilar, he had to, and he stared into the depths. It seems to me that after his Epic rampage, he's gained some semblance of control back. Perhaps with the help of Tia.

I don't know, it just feels like it's talking about Prof, not David.