Branderson Social Hierarchy

I won't make this overly long and delve into a millions way to compliment Branderson's work (we all know it's awesome), but I thought I'd attempt to make as discussion on the many social systems that he invents.

One of his traits in his story telling is his immersive world building and the "spin things on their head" ways.

Aside from the magic systems my favourite aspect of Branderson's world building is how each world and even separate kingdom within said world has their own very different social hierarchy.

Take Roshar for example, a major hierarchy is the darkeyes and lighteyes divide within the Vorin Kingdoms and within THEM is the Nahn and Dahn ranking system of which widens the divide between classes even more.

These hierarchy are like an echo of what we have established here in our world. The residents of Vorin kingdoms don't seem to care or discriminate a person or race against their skin colour (like some people do in our world), but instead judge them on their eye colour, a very different abstract to our own and yet it still holds an equal amount of prejudice in most cases (especially if your name is Kaladin).

I just wanted to know what social systems that exists in any Branderson novel you find most interesting and perhaps why? Because I for one am a sucker for the way he uses systems familiar to us but adds his own "Sanderson-esque tweeks"

• Chaos locked this topic