Airsick Lowlanders! Sabotage is such a messy way of doing things. So what if some people here don't want us to reach our destination?  That's no reason to for violence! Violence can do nothing that mudbeer cannot do better! After all their a better way of waylaying travelers than by getting them to drink mudbeer?

Cla shook his head at all the accusations spewing forth from the other travellers and began searching for someone who looked like they would be more civilized and would want to join him for a little contest.

Etam's stomach sank when he saw the Chull whistle.

All this time I've been watching for outside threats and the true enemies are hiding out within!

He'd have to double his efforts to help keep these people safe. There was no time for being "off duty" now. When he was out on patrols, he'd have to watch for the dangers of the Shattered Plains, but when not, he'd try to use his skills to hunt down those threats from within as well. He didn't know why he felt so compelled to protect these refugees, but something inside him just wouldn't let him turn away.

Might as well get an early start then, he thought as he scanned the crowd. Right away, he could tell that it was going to be difficult to trust these so-called, "Worldhoppers." What did that even mean? Anyone could hop on the world! Besides that, he found them particularly insulting. He'd never heard of this place called Sel that most of them kept whispering about, but watching them try to pretend to be Alethi was just disgusting. Their mannerisms were always just slightly off and their understanding of social etiquette was terrible. It was like watching a Horneater pretend to be Thaylen. They tried to appropriate his Alethi culture, but failed miserably.

Of course, just because they are trying to pretend to be something they're not doesn't mean that they're the ones trying to keep us from reaching the Oathgate. This is going to be harder than I thought.

Etam continued his careful study of the crowd, looking for cracks in someone's facade like he was looking for traps out on the Plains. He would help these people if he could.

Not much to add right now that hasn't been said. This game is going to be a bit atypical due to how many powers can be used both during the day and night, which makes it particularly difficult to plan for. I do have some thoughts though.

With 27 players, we can safely assume that we could have anywhere between 4-7 Diagramists amongst us, depending on what and how many abilities they have, with it more likely being 5 or 6. We shouldn't focus too much on that just yet because it doesn't do us much good, but I'd use it as a rough guideline until we know more. One thing that I think is fairly likely though is that not every Diagramists is going to be a Radiant. As such, they have two options:

1- They can make their own Diagramists into their Squires and thus strengthen themselves (obviously not a bad option) or

2- They can Squire someone else to gain their trust.

I bring this up so that people will be aware of the possibility. Just because someone makes you a squire doesn't mean that the person isn't just trying to manipulate you. Just be careful of that possibility. If their every suggestions seem to work in favor of the Diagramists more so than the Refugees, you might be in this type of situation. I'd still wind up trusting someone who made me a Squire more so than not, but keep your suspicions fluid, IMO.

I echo Ren's thoughts on being careful who gets Squired. If you have the means to scan someone first, do so before squiring them. Speaking of Transformation though, I suggest scanning for alignment more so than role. If they're a Refugee, then their role is only important if you're looking for a Squire and you can test that by trying to make them a Squire. If they're a Diagramists, then it doesn't really matter what their role is; we'll want them dead all the same.

The other thing that I've been trying to figure out is how/when it would be at the most beneficial for our Radiants to use their abilities. A Highstorm comes every 3 Cycles. That means a total of 9 turns for Radiants to stretch their 2 charges over. This will obviously make using protections like Progression and Cohesion much more difficult to use effectively. Not only do we have to try to guess when the Diagramists would use their charges, but then also pick out who they'd attack and so on. And it's not like we can really talk this out. If we decide as a group that the Diagramists are more likely to use their abilities early, then they'll just use them late in the 3 cycles before a Highstorm. If we think late, then they'll use their charges early (although, Illuminationists, this would be a decent way to see if any of the people you're in contact with is a Diagramists. You could tell them one way and if they do the other, then you might have a Diagramists on your hands).

Even trying to pool our resources into just the night turns doesn't help that much. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Diagramists have someone with Gravitation specifically to get around us doing something like that (Most likely a Windrunner) and trying to stop/block kills to help confirm ourselves.

Due to all of this, unless someone has a better idea yet, I think we should just have people use their powers to the best of their abilities rather than try to restrict too much this game. The Diagramists certainly will be using their powers to the best of their advantage and limiting ourselves (like we've done in the past with vote-changing roles) isn't going to do us as much good.

So that's where I stand so far. Also, Jain, you really, really seem to like voting for me. You did it all throughout QF8 and you're starting again here. If you're trying to get me to talk, it won't work. I do so when I'm ready, not because of some poke vote. The fact that you're trying to follow a pattern you've displayed previously makes me wonder if you're not trying too hard to make everything seem like it's all just the same as last time. That, coupled with the fact that you were pretty quick to agree with Ren, which seems like you could be trying to align yourself with someone that you know to be good, is by far the best evidence I've seen on just the first day as any.

Don't blame me, guv. Blame the RNG >>. Meta .

Also, I'm fairly sure 3 Cycles are 6 Day/Night.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

All this time I've been watching for outside threats and the true enemies are hiding out within!

I thought that was obvious with all the pick-pockets and robbers and the like.  

Anyway, I think a lot of information can be gleaned from the first lynch.  Especially the last few votes that really decide the lynch.  The main reason is the villagers don't know who their allies are, but the eliminators do, so they know who to kill and who not to kill; they have their targets and will try to sway the vote as stealthily as possible.

I have no idea why, but for some reason, it's fun to poke meta.

Araris kind of sounds like he's waiting for a bit more confirmation, but this is mostly to keep the poke train going.

Edited by Feligon

Well, I tend to prefer to have my votes have a bit of force behind them, for a couple reasons. If I put in a poke vote I have to monitor the thread for a response or worry about getting myself lynched. Happened in QF 8, I goofed a poke and got killed in response. Also, people are more likely to respond to a vote if it is a threat to them personally. That being said, I will only move my current vote if I get a good explanation from Peng, despite the low level of evidence behind it (which is kinda what cycle 1 is all about).

Bortholemew the Blind pulled from his beard a pair of items. The first, was a beardnut, which he started to chew on as he counted heads. The second, was a dice. It had many more than 6 sides, although it was kind of difficult to tell. He rolled it on the ground, leaned over to see the result, then looked up and counted people again. Coming to rest on number 22, the midget beardomancer lifted a finger and pointed at someone.

"My dice have spoken," he said. "I would like to hear more from the one called Dow. Are you one of these Diagrams?" His beard rustled. "...Diagramists? Can you prove you're not?"

"No bodies, sir. Just the whistle."

Captain Iramil turned to regard him with piercing green eyes, the mark of his station. "The news has spread, I take it? What do they say?"

"Foul play is assumed. It is generally believed that Faialen and Edr were both killed in the same incident, though whether a third party was involved is not known."

Iramil paused for a moment, then nodded. "Observe the situation. I will assign others to assist in gathering information."

"Yes sir." Torren saluted crisply, then turned and left. He would report the events to his contact in Roion's force via spanreed tonight. Perhaps Thanadal would seek to downplay the security breach, but if the refugees were in danger, all deserved to know. Instinct told him that Faialen had been responsible for these deaths, but that did not mean she was working alone.

I would suggest taking care when using Illumination as well. Since the PMs are one-on-one, there's no way to disguise who the creator is.

Shallan, you impressed a lot of people in QF8. Any thoughts on this game?

Edit: the Awakener strikes again!

Uhhh... more roles?

Good to know I was impressive, though!

I have to read through the posts so far, though. Due to an error I wasn't subscribed to it.

Kazaaakplethkilik presence in the camp was personal insult for eradin as one of the guards in the camp he wouldnt let crimes happen! this thief need to learn a lesson... maybe a lynch? and he must do it quickly before this thief will steal his spheres!

sry Kazaaakplethkilik but I dont want to run out of money!

findilti findilt passed eradin in his way when he heard him muffling something about bugs - this old soldier must be insane! 

he thought for himself that he didnt saw kip sturm for a while now - he must be plotting something and for findilti findilt experience at solving mysteries(because there is no doubt that he isnt crazy and he doesnt think he is a radiant) told him kip sturm must be some evil spy or odium himself! and his instincts told him to lynch the man before it will be too late.

sry kipper but odium must be deafeted!

Let's hear an explanation from Akirsefatafesrika for eating my gloves. What reason would one have for doing such a thing? It's not something a refugee would do, right? Logically, only a diagramist would do something so strange and unusual. Give me a reason to believe you're a refugee.

EDIT: wrong color

Edited by Paranoid King

Consciously, he's slightly depressed, and not the brightest, but his subconscious is quite smart. It recognized the glowing gloves as a sign of stolen spheres. He ate them to keep your character from simply stealing them back, but he'll end up giving them to the authorities later, even though he wasn't originally planning that.

And there really is no proof that I can give of being innocent except my word. The only post I have made so far was me saying I wasn't going to vote yet. This is just how the first round goes, placing a vote, with really no suspicion, and seeing how they respond. I tell you that I'm innocent, but whether or not you believe me is up to you. I'm not going to vote, because right now, I see that as akin to accusing someone of a crime, and you don't know if they did it or not. I will vote later, after seeing how people act. Again, you only have my word that I'm not an eliminator, and you decide if that's good enough or not. But randomly accusing people might work in the first cycle, it's what leads to eliminator wins if this keeps happening late in the game.

Well, I tend to prefer to have my votes have a bit of force behind them, for a couple reasons. If I put in a poke vote I have to monitor the thread for a response or worry about getting myself lynched. Happened in QF 8, I goofed a poke and got killed in response. Also, people are more likely to respond to a vote if it is a threat to them personally. That being said, I will only move my current vote if I get a good explanation from Peng, despite the low level of evidence behind it (which is kinda what cycle 1 is all about).

Not going to vote cause i don't want to seem like starting a bandwagon or jumping on one, but i would also like to hear from peng. He seemed awfully quick to bandwagon on people voting for meta. Something we should know?

Hmm... who should I provide with a poke vote? That hobbit-thing Smeagol/Leftinspace hasn't been very active lately.

Smeagol wouldn't hurt a fly! No, no precious. He just wants some fish, not things with nasty shellses. Gollum! Gollum! We has been looking for them. We only wish, to catch a fish! So juicy sweet!

Also there's my usual impediment of mainly playing on my Smartphone cuz i don't have regular computer access, which is something of a pain when it comes to scrolling through everyones posts and looking for oddities .

Poor little Smeagol has been falsely accused, and I call a trial to bring his accuser to justice. Cycle One Lynches, I accuse you of making us kill people with no evidence to go on. Sentence: Throw him into Mount Doom.

Just a note Adamir, but you may want to edit your post to remove your vote on Smeagol. His name needs to be made green.

Never mind. I just noticed that you edited your other post.

Edited by Bort

Hi Bort I am here!  Sorry for my lack of attention guys, MR 7 is still running strong and that has taken up most of my attention.  I have caught up in the thread and don't really have an suspicions yet or any game mechanic analysis to add.  I should be able to reread the rules and have time to think about it later tonight after work.  After I do that if there are any game mechanic analysis I haven't seen already in here I will post it.

Meta(0): Jain

Shallan(1): Twei

Jain(2): Meta, Peng

Peng(1): Araris

Araris(1): Feligon

Dow(0): Bort

PK(1): Eramit

Kipper(1): Idolevy

Bridge Boy(1): PK

Leif(0): Adamir

Eowyn(1): Bort

There's a current vote tally. I don't have anything to add yet. I'm not too big on a lynch this cycle, especially since we could see powers take effect as soon as this day is over.

Well, the lynch train was broken, so I guess I'll move my vote to somewhere that makes more sense: Phatt hasn't said anything yet, so I'll just leave my vote there.

We also have not heard from kipper or spooky Eowyn.

Edit: removing vote

Edited by Feligon

Thank you, Dow. One vote removed.

I don't believe we've heard anything from Eowyn yet.

I'm here! Been keeping up, but I was waiting to post until roleplay inspiration struck me. Alas, it looks like that isn't going to happen any time soon.

I don't believe we've heard from phatt yet.

It's kind of strange getting into the villager/eliminator mindset after playing MR7.

Edit: Ninja'd... poke vote removed

Edit 2: Well, ninja'd as in I didn't see his post before I made mine d:

Edited by Spooky Eowyn

In the absence of any roleplay, I shall attempt to discuss mechanics.

The first point I would like to make is to draw everyone's attention to Aonar's disclaimer in his explanation of the roles - there are no safe roles. This should constantly be born in mind - particularly by those contacted via PM. This is both very sensible from a gameplay point of view, but somewhat irritating from a village point of view - it undermines the ability of the lightweaver to form a trusted group of those s/he has searched and then communicating through them - equally though, from the perspective of having fun, I would imagine that the game loses its allure should we be directed entirely by one individual...

I would also like to invite speculation as to numbers - with a group of this size, how likely are we to see multiple Knights Radiant of the same order? 

In the original rules post, Aonar said that with so many possible roles, many would not be used unless we got in excess of 30 people. Since we're sitting right at 29, I doubt we'll have more than one of every Order. If there are order-duplicates, there'll probably be only 2-3 orders at most with more than one member.

Heh heh. Sorry! I would agree with 1 of each, since that leaves 20 regulars, perhaps 6 diagramists, 4 among the regulars, and perhaps 10 potential squires. I don't think I'll vote in this game as much without some proof/suspicion, but I have posted now, eh?

quick clarification, in case of a tie lynch vote, does that mean that there is no lynch? or will it be randomly decided like QF8?

As per standard LG rules, a tie will result in a no-lynch, and players need a minimum of two votes on them to be lynched.