The Final Frontier - - Star Trek Rp (Planning)

Kestrel

GAH sorry i was like look an email oh look a private message from kobald what's in it holy smokes that's long i'll read it later.

You can post it here, I'm fine with that. I'll check it over once my hands get sore from this drawing, which should happen soon. Realistic fur is horrible.

GAH sorry i was like look an email oh look a private message from kobald what's in it holy smokes that's long i'll read it later.

You can post it here, I'm fine with that. I'll check it over once my hands get sore from this drawing, which should happen soon. Realistic fur is horrible.

Hah, no worries. Because you checked it in an email the site didn't register you as having read it, so I wasn't entirely sure if you'd even gotten the message. :P I'll wait until you read it and tell me precisely where I need to post it.

And by all means, take your time. I can be quite a long-winded fellow sometimes, so if you need to skim, go ahead. :P

(Hope your hands feel better soon. I don't draw, but I can imagine how terrible realistic fur must be to draw. Do you have to draw every line individually? :o)

-screams- YES -sobs into hands- why did i do this why did i do this why did i do this end me

Ouch. :( Have you considered maybe drawing frogs, or something else that doesn't have fur? :mellow:

In other news, allow me to post a brief tale about my character for this here RP. :ph34r:

Once upon a time, spinning 'round the center of our galaxy, was a tiny red star with an even smaller black planet following it in tow.

The star was an ancient star, small and red and cold. The planet was likewise ancient and small, but it was far from cold. From the sea came life, and that life flourished under the scarlet light. The plants grew black leaves to absorb the sunlight, and the creatures warmed themselves with thick fur coats. For hundreds of millions of years, the planet and the star spun around the galaxy in a stately cosmic waltz, with life on the little black planet growing smarter and smarter with each passing eon.

Eventually there came a day when a species from the black planet built fire, and then the wheel, and then finely crafted metals. The planet was ancient but the species was young and inquisitive. Their eyes turned to the star-filled sky with delight, and diligently they worked the earth and wrought from its soil an infant civilization.

Centuries passed, but still the species was a young one. They knew little of the universe and its marvels beyond their little black planet, but that did little to dampen their enthusiasm. Peaceful creatures, they built invention after invention for the sake of bettering each other's lives, building magnificent jewel-like cities and towers that reached all the way to the sky and beyond. They built telescopes and sub-space transmitters, and filled with child-like curiosity, they beamed messages into the universe in hopes of meeting compassionate creatures like themselves.

It is our shame to say that the galaxy was not kind in return. Hearing of the black planet's riches and technology, warships from across the stars flocked to the center of the galaxy bent on plunder. Cities were razed and continents were set aflame. Towers were toppled and ancient forests were burned to ash. The lucky denizens of the black planet died in their burning houses or in swift missile strikes. The unlucky were carted away in chains, their tears and sobs going unheard as the alien warships carted them further across the galaxy.

With their planet despoiled and their people violated, can we blame the species of the black planet for what they did next?

For the species of the black planet was craftier than any of the other races of the galaxy. In peace they were great artisans and the sculptors of great cities. But heartbroken and enraged, they set their minds on vengeance. All the sorrow they'd felt they channeled into an epic creation. All the heartbreak and all the pain their species had undergone at the hands of the universe found its way into the digital mind of a metal machine. All the anger and grief of an entire civilization was condensed into a single computer the likes of which the galaxy had ever known and has never known since. And that computer they installed in the most powerful vessel the galaxy had ever known and has never known since.

They named their creation Anguish.

The daughter of the black planet ascended into the heaven, and became aware of herself. She gazed upon her homeworld and felt a wrenching pain, her memory banks full of the sorrow her people felt. She looked at them and felt pity for them all.

Perhaps she saw her next action as an act of mercy, or acted out of some peculiar sense of gratitude. Perhaps it was what her creators had in mind for her. Whatever went on in her mind prompted her to activate her frontal kaon cannon. Turning to the world that gave her birth, she rained down a beam of charged particles that caused the entire planet to dissolve in a flash of fire. The black planet, home of the billion artisans, was washed away in a tide of red-hot dust, and blew away into the cosmos. With what we can only presume was a sob of sorrow broadcasted on every sub-space frequency, the machine called Anguish warped away from her system to the other end of the galaxy.

Thus began the Anguish War. The only war in galactic history fought not against a civilization, but against a single ship. Armadas were raised and deployed, only to be destroyed the instant they came against her. In her mechanical heart was a burning rage against creation, a fury that drove her to track down and exterminate each of the civilizations that did the black planet harm. She'd appear in the sky, transmit a list of those slain by her enemies, and would extinguish their planet in a glowing ray. Such was justice in the mind of the machine, but eventually her rage drove her to target any species that had ever waged war.

...Which was, sadly enough, nearly all of them.

Dozens of planets fell to Anguish, and then hundreds. Soon thousands of worlds had met their end. All the races of the galaxy, assembled from every quadrant, gathered and faced her at the Battle of Derja's Cloud. The battle cost millions of lives, but at the end, Anguish was adrift in space with barely any systems still intact. She tried to fire with kaon rays that had been torn off of her. She attempted to hack the surrounding ships' computers with transmitters long since destroyed in the battle.

Anguish was left powerless in the void, screaming in silent fury.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storyteller finished the tale, watching the larvae with twinkling compound eyes. The larvae squirmed in irritation, until one finally worked up the nerve to ask the question they all wanted answered.

"What did they do to Anguish?" it belched loudly, its fellow maggots screeching in agreement. Each of them were practically bouncing in their cocoons out of a desire to hear the end of the story.

The storyteller fluttered his wings in amusement, before strumming his nyra-lyre in a soft melody.

"The Battle of Derja's Cloud was fought nearly eleven thousand years ago," he trilled soothingly. "The ballad I condensed for you now has survived mostly intact through the millennia, but the history itself is long lost. Some claim that Anguish was destroyed then and there. Others claim that her internal reactor was too dangerous to dispose of, and she was imprisoned in the heart of a dark star. And still others name her a myth, and that the worlds she destroyed perished of natural causes."

"This story is brain-dead," another larva piped up, contempt easily apparent in the way its frontal hair twitched. "If the black planet people could build something so terrible, why didn't they beat their invaders the first time?"

The storyteller responded with a buzzing chuckle. "You look at this as a Morelthian, young master worm. The species of the black planet were peaceable creatures. Before conquerors raped their world, war never even occurred to them. Or so the legends claim."

Bemused by the thought, several larvae squirted. "That's brain-dead. Everyone has war."

As if on cue, the Morelthian hive shook, the rumbles of explosions echoing from further down the halls. The Querlings were even more zealous than usual with their missile strikes.

Trilling softly to himself, the storyteller packed up the nyra-lyre and began hovering out of the room.

"I hope you enjoyed your story," he told the unruly white larvae. "Truly, I do. Your elders did well by bringing me here. But how, it is time for me to leave this hive."

"You can't leave," one of the worms squelched in horror. "It's warring out there."

"I've survived my share of warrings," the storyteller replied, giving a conspiratorial nod with his antenna. "I'll be fine."

With a hooked appendage he flipped a switch and turned off the light, prompting each larva to pass off to sleep instantaneously.

"Sleep well," he clicked in a whisper. "And dream of the peace yet to come."

His wings buzzed and the door closed, and the storyteller was gone.

One vague idea I had was that the crew of the Federation ship, with all the other players on board, could possibly stumble across Anguish's prison and wind up releasing her somehow. Of course, that's all up to Lark and anyone else who's playing a Federation character.

I was also considering making the Morelthian storyteller a minor character with occasional PoVs. :ph34r:

Edited by Kobold King

-screams even louder- DO NOT. QUESTION. MY LIFE'S POOR DECISIONS.

That sounds good.

Oh man, the storyteller should be that token "yo we found this guy on our trip" character.

Er, sorry. :mellow::P

Ooh, that could work. He could be their guide to the new galaxy they've found themselves in, telling them some about the major cultures and civilizations they encounter there. And if this sort of thing interests people, he could tell occasional stories about the history of the galaxy, like the story he told about Anguish.

When do we get to hear some about the characters you'll be playing? I'm especially intrigued by your android OC. :)

Yes yes yes yes yes

I like that

Maybe their counselor was killed somehow, and he could take their place? I can see him doing that job wonderfully. And then the crew would also have to adjust to him as well, a weird alien they'd never seen before.

In time, in time. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow. He's gonna be a Soong type android (like Data) because I'm uncreative and I love the Soong type androids so.

I might bring in King Fisher!

king_fisher_by_kittensneeze-d8y7xys.jpg

This was drawn by kittensneeze on deviantart as part of a trade we did i didn't do this wonderful masterpiece

♛King Fisher♛

(also referred to as just a Fisher)

Typically found in alpine and forested environments, the Fisher is named for its main source of prey; fish. Using its whisker-like feelers it crouches at the edge of the water waiting for a nibble at the hard rounded end of its worm-like vibrissa. When it snags a fish, it uses its powerful hind legs to rear up and pull the fish from the water.

As a result of being close to the water for the majority of their lives, they excel at swimming as well. The fisher uses its powerful limbs and webbed paws to glide through the waters and can hold their breath for up to five minutes.

Fishers are solitary predators and have very separate hunting grounds (stretches of water and forests) due to the fact that they are extremely territorial. Each Fisher creates unique scratching patterns on bark with their flexible toes to act as wards to other Fishers. When a Fisher gets into a fight with another they reel back on their hind legs and take an upright position (like a bear) as the attack the other Fisher with their sharp claws. The Fisher’s thick mane offers much needed protection to their vulnerable neck, but their sensitive whiskers remain defenseless.

LOOK AT HOW CUTE

Yes yes yes yes yes

I like that

Maybe their counselor was killed somehow, and he could take their place? I can see him doing that job wonderfully. And then the crew would also have to adjust to him as well, a weird alien they'd never seen before.

In time, in time. Maybe tonight. Maybe tomorrow. He's gonna be a Soong type android (like Data) because I'm uncreative and I love the Soong type androids so.

I might bring in King Fisher!

king_fisher_by_kittensneeze-d8y7xys.jpg

This was drawn by kittensneeze on deviantart as part of a trade we did i didn't do this wonderful masterpiece

♛King Fisher♛

(also referred to as just a Fisher)

Typically found in alpine and forested environments, the Fisher is named for its main source of prey; fish. Using its whisker-like feelers it crouches at the edge of the water waiting for a nibble at the hard rounded end of its worm-like vibrissa. When it snags a fish, it uses its powerful hind legs to rear up and pull the fish from the water.

As a result of being close to the water for the majority of their lives, they excel at swimming as well. The fisher uses its powerful limbs and webbed paws to glide through the waters and can hold their breath for up to five minutes.

Fishers are solitary predators and have very separate hunting grounds (stretches of water and forests) due to the fact that they are extremely territorial. Each Fisher creates unique scratching patterns on bark with their flexible toes to act as wards to other Fishers. When a Fisher gets into a fight with another they reel back on their hind legs and take an upright position (like a bear) as the attack the other Fisher with their sharp claws. The Fisher’s thick mane offers much needed protection to their vulnerable neck, but their sensitive whiskers remain defenseless.

LOOK AT HOW CUTE

An alien counselor/bard? That sounds like a cool character to write.

I will look forward to hearing about these characters of yours. :)

AND SWEET CELESTIA THAT CREATURE IS MAGNIFICENT

I fully support the King Fisher being present on one of the planets our intrepid explorers lands on at some point. :D

I'll probably write them tomorrow. I think I'm turning in for now. Or watching another episode of parks and rec idk I'm too tired to write anything coherent.

Omg. What if. They find this King Fisher cub. And (because humans have a soft spot for little baby animals) they try to raise it.

So how much does this actually have to do with Star Trek, because I never watched much of that series to be honest? :mellow:

Ouch. :( Have you considered maybe drawing frogs, or something else that doesn't have fur? :mellow:

In other news, allow me to post a brief tale about my character for this here RP. :ph34r:

Once upon a time, spinning 'round the center of our galaxy, was a tiny red star with an even smaller black planet following it in tow.

The star was an ancient star, small and red and cold. The planet was likewise ancient and small, but it was far from cold. From the sea came life, and that life flourished under the scarlet light. The plants grew black leaves to absorb the sunlight, and the creatures warmed themselves with thick fur coats. For hundreds of millions of years, the planet and the star spun around the galaxy in a stately cosmic waltz, with life on the little black planet growing smarter and smarter with each passing eon.

Eventually there came a day when a species from the black planet built fire, and then the wheel, and then finely crafted metals. The planet was ancient but the species was young and inquisitive. Their eyes turned to the star-filled sky with delight, and diligently they worked the earth and wrought from its soil an infant civilization.

Centuries passed, but still the species was a young one. They knew little of the universe and its marvels beyond their little black planet, but that did little to dampen their enthusiasm. Peaceful creatures, they built invention after invention for the sake of bettering each other's lives, building magnificent jewel-like cities and towers that reached all the way to the sky and beyond. They built telescopes and sub-space transmitters, and filled with child-like curiosity, they beamed messages into the universe in hopes of meeting compassionate creatures like themselves.

It is our shame to say that the galaxy was not kind in return. Hearing of the black planet's riches and technology, warships from across the stars flocked to the center of the galaxy bent on plunder. Cities were razed and continents were set aflame. Towers were toppled and ancient forests were burned to ash. The lucky denizens of the black planet died in their burning houses or in swift missile strikes. The unlucky were carted away in chains, their tears and sobs going unheard as the alien warships carted them further across the galaxy.

With their planet despoiled and their people violated, can we blame the species of the black planet for what they did next?

For the species of the black planet was craftier than any of the other races of the galaxy. In peace they were great artisans and the sculptors of great cities. But heartbroken and enraged, they set their minds on vengeance. All the sorrow they'd felt they channeled into an epic creation. All the heartbreak and all the pain their species had undergone at the hands of the universe found its way into the digital mind of a metal machine. All the anger and grief of an entire civilization was condensed into a single computer the likes of which the galaxy had ever known and has never known since. And that computer they installed in the most powerful vessel the galaxy had ever known and has never known since.

They named their creation Anguish.

The daughter of the black planet ascended into the heaven, and became aware of herself. She gazed upon her homeworld and felt a wrenching pain, her memory banks full of the sorrow her people felt. She looked at them and felt pity for them all.

Perhaps she saw her next action as an act of mercy, or acted out of some peculiar sense of gratitude. Perhaps it was what her creators had in mind for her. Whatever went on in her mind prompted her to activate her frontal kaon cannon. Turning to the world that gave her birth, she rained down a beam of charged particles that caused the entire planet to dissolve in a flash of fire. The black planet, home of the billion artisans, was washed away in a tide of red-hot dust, and blew away into the cosmos. With what we can only presume was a sob of sorrow broadcasted on every sub-space frequency, the machine called Anguish warped away from her system to the other end of the galaxy.

Thus began the Anguish War. The only war in galactic history fought not against a civilization, but against a single ship. Armadas were raised and deployed, only to be destroyed the instant they came against her. In her mechanical heart was a burning rage against creation, a fury that drove her to track down and exterminate each of the civilizations that did the black planet harm. She'd appear in the sky, transmit a list of those slain by her enemies, and would extinguish their planet in a glowing ray. Such was justice in the mind of the machine, but eventually her rage drove her to target any species that had ever waged war.

...Which was, sadly enough, nearly all of them.

Dozens of planets fell to Anguish, and then hundreds. Soon thousands of worlds had met their end. All the races of the galaxy, assembled from every quadrant, gathered and faced her at the Battle of Derja's Cloud. The battle cost millions of lives, but at the end, Anguish was adrift in space with barely any systems still intact. She tried to fire with kaon rays that had been torn off of her. She attempted to hack the surrounding ships' computers with transmitters long since destroyed in the battle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storyteller finished the tale, watching the larvae with twinkling compound eyes. The larvae squirmed in irritation, until one finally worked up the nerve to ask the question they all wanted answered.

"What did they do to Anguish?" it belched loudly, its fellow maggots screeching in agreement. Each of them were practically bouncing in their cocoons out of a desire to hear the end of the story.

The storyteller fluttered his wings in amusement, before strumming his nyra-lyre in a soft melody.

"The Battle of Derja's Cloud was fought nearly eleven thousand years ago," he trilled soothingly. "The ballad I condensed for you now has survived mostly intact through the millennia, but the history itself is long lost. Some claim that Anguish was destroyed then and there. Others claim that her internal reactor was too dangerous to dispose of, and she was imprisoned in the heart of a dark star. And still others name her a myth, and that the worlds she destroyed perished of natural causes."

"This story is brain-dead," another larva piped up, contempt easily apparent in the way its frontal hair twitched. "If the black planet people could build something so terrible, why didn't they beat their invaders the first time?"

The storyteller responded with a buzzing chuckle. "You look at this as a Morelthian, young master worm. The species of the black planet were peaceable creatures. Before conquerors raped their world, war never even occurred to them. Or so the legends claim."

Bemused by the thought, several larvae squirted. "That's brain-dead. Everyone has war."

As if on cue, the Morelthian hive shook, the rumbles of explosions echoing from further down the halls. The Querlings were even more zealous than usual with their missile strikes.

Trilling softly to himself, the storyteller packed up the nyra-lyre and began hovering out of the room.

"I hope you enjoyed your story," he told the unruly white larvae. "Truly, I do. Your elders did well by bringing me here. But how, it is time for me to leave this hive."

"You can't leave," one of the worms squelched in horror. "It's warring out there."

"I've survived my share of warrings," the storyteller replied, giving a conspiratorial nod with his antenna. "I'll be fine."

With a hooked appendage he flipped a switch and turned off the light, prompting each larva to pass off to sleep instantaneously.

"Sleep well," he clicked in a whisper. "And dream of the peace yet to come."

His wings buzzed and the door closed, and the storyteller was gone.

One vague idea I had was that the crew of the Federation ship, with all the other players on board, could possibly stumble across Anguish's prison and wind up releasing her somehow. Of course, that's all up to Lark and anyone else who's playing a Federation character.

I was also considering making the Morelthian storyteller a minor character with occasional PoVs. :ph34r:

:blink: Anguish is space AM, run, run for your everything! :blink:

A little. I mean you'll probably need a basic knowledge to understand the government/mission/ranks/whatever if you will but other than that not much will exist from the Canon.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

Ooh!  I am really interested in joining, but I don't know if I'll have time.  What sort of time commitment does an RP on here require?  A few posts a week? A few post a day?

BTW, I really like the story ideas so far.

Can someone explain what exactly you do in roleplaying like this? I've never done it before, and was thinking I might join this depending on how much available time I'll have over the next while. Also, how spoilery will this be, because I'm not finished watching all of the series yet.Thanks.

Edited by KamorianKandra

Well, have you roleplayed before? Basically you make a character or two, and.. well its kinda hard to explain.

Basically I want to go off the same style that I used for my Alloy of Law rp.

http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/26400-alloy-of-law-era-mistborn-rp-currently-accepting-members/

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for in an explanation. Eep

Okay. Here is my character:

Asher Vendurian:

Asher is a former Federation officer who went rogue and now is a bounty hunter. He is about 5'11'' with brown hair and a narrow face. He is lean, muscled and usually wears normal clothing. He carries a rifle strapped over his back, and 2 twin phasers at his belts. He has other hidden weaponry. His race is a Quinton, a race I made up. Quintons look just like humans but are stronger and more durable.

I was thinking that one of the Federation officers could recruit Asher for a special mission, maybe the one with Anguish.

I am still deciding whether or not I will join, and was wondering when you would want to know if I'm going to join. I'm not sure if you're wanting to start immediately or in a few days.

I do have an idea for an Andorian security officer, though.

Edited by KamorianKandra

Requesting permission to join?

Name: Kagé

Species: Azi Dahaka (Sel'Ke breed)

Species Info: The Azi Dahaka have various appearances, split into distinct breeds for various functions. They are united in a fanatical religious devotion to the Great Dahaka, their immortal king and the last remaining member of his breed. Their society is split into several distinct castes; the Yo'Lin, S'Redit, Ymmur, Sel'Ke and Tar'Ka'Jun. They once held a great empire that spanned galaxies, but spread themselves too thin and suffered an almost-complete extinction as various species across the galaxy united against them. It is said that the Great Dahaka is the only remaining survivor of the Azi War. The Dragons of Berengaria VII and Maravel are the remains of Azi colonies, abandoned long enough to forget their history.

Their planet, Dakhara, has a lower atmosphere consisting entirely of Haze, a euphoric gas that every breed save the Yo'Lin has developed an immunity to. Haze appears as a highly transparent purple smoke.

Dakhara is suspended through technology by the Great Dahaka to never move nor rotate, keeping it at a fixed season and time of day. Different regions, depending on the amount of light they are exposed to, grow different fungi and plants. On both sides of the planet they absorb Haze to grow, though on the light side they also take in sunlight. While most Azi have a resistance to Haze, these plants still act as a potent drug, as with humans. Stemir, the winged reptiles that are the primary Azi food source, feast exclusively on them. This makes Stemir intoxicating to any who eat it, though it is diluted compared to the raw fungi; even the Azi breeds who are resistant to Haze are slow-witted when eating Stemir. Azi on the light side frequently have brighter scales, though the difference is only noticeable if shown with a dark side Azi alongside - this suggests photosynthetic properties in their genes, though those genes are made less efficient by Haze muting sunlight.

The Great Dahaka maintains constant warfare between the Light and Dark sides of the planet, because he understands the vital balance needed to keep the Azi numbers as they are. If there are too many Azi, they will consume Stemir at a rate faster than they can repopulate, whereupon they will starve and potentially hunt the Stemir to extinction. Thus Dakhara is in almost constant warfare, which reduces the population by the same rate it grows.

The Yo'Lin are commonly seen and revered by most Azi as the leader caste, second only to the Great Dahaka. There are tales of when they were the most fierce of warriors, but time has dulled their skills, leaving them weak and entitled. They leave all decisions to the Sel'Ke, spending their time in barely conscious stupors due to Haze. The other breeds have grown resistant to the effects of Haze, but the Yo'Lin never developed the same immunity. This leaves them weak minded when on the planet's surface, and saps them of the energy to fly out of the gas. Their appearance is that of a winged lizard with golden scales, averaging at twenty meters in length and twelve in height. Yo'Lin live almost exclusively on the light side of Dakhara. Their life cycle averages out at nine hundred years.

Out of character note on the Yo'Lin; if we ever bring in the Cosmere, then the Yo'Lin could be Yolish dragons.

The S'Redit are the warrior caste, used in warfare for their durability, though not their intelligence, of which they are severely lacking. Drinking liquid Haze puts them into a battle frenzy wherein a rampage can be triggered by the slightest movement. When not in combat, they walk as seven meter tall bipedal lizards with green scales, used for heavy lifting and manual labor. When in a battle frenzy, they drop to all fours and are capable of breathing long jets of fire. During a battle frenzy, they can be directed by a Sel'Ke  sitting atop their back with a harness. S'Redit live for three hundred years.

Ymmur are the hunter caste, small and lithe warriors with the keenest eyesight of all the Azi. They stand as bipedal lizards at five feet tall, and are capable of using tools, as well as being one of the more intelligent breeds. They have small, thin wings that allow them to glide, if not fly. Their scales are a light purple to better blend in with the Haze, and they are capable of sudden bursts of speed when necessary. They are capable of spitting fire over long distances. Ymmur commonly live for two hundred years.

The Sel'Ke are a genetically modified breed of scientists and thinkers, the actual leaders to whom power is delegated by the Haze-afflicted Yo'Lin. They are the most intelligent of the Azi, and are completely immune to all forms of Haze. They were created by crossing the genes of the other breeds, alongside a genetic switch they can flip to give either side dominance. In practical terms, this means they can transform between two states. The first is a six foot tall Ymmuri without wings, capable of spitting fire like the Ymmuri. Their second form is that of a multicolored serpent with four short legs it uses to climb, whose size can be decided upon during the transformation - though never more than fifteen meters long, and never smaller than the Sel'Ke's normal form. The serpent has two thin wings that allow it to ride air currents and Haze, and is capable of breathing long, thin jets of flame. The Sel'Ke survive, on average, for five hundred years.

During their transformation from serpent to bipedal, a Sel'Ke undergoes a rushed digestion, cannibalizing its own body for the energy required to reconstruct its bipedal form across an average of three minutes. It takes them slightly less time to take on the serpent form, but the Sel'Ke burns up its excess fat during the transformation - which fails if they are lacking in excess fat. This prevents them from transforming more than an average of once per week, if they get enough food.

EDIT IV: If we incorporate the Cosmere, examine my next post for revised Sel'Ke transformation.

And finally, the Tar'Ka'Jun. The Tar'Ka'Jun are the slave caste, to whom all effort is delegated. They are five foot tall bipedal lizards lacking in tails, with brown scales and no wings. Tar'Ka'Jun live for a single century. Tar'Ka'Jun on Dakhara have no consciousness, acting more as machines than sentient creatures. When they are kept separate from the lower atmosphere for a sufficient amount of time, they retain their sentience. There are suspicions among the Sel'Ke that the Tar'Ka'Jun were genetically engineered from the Ymmuri, made more docile and particularly vulnerable to Haze so as to force them to obey commands while it clouds their minds.

Appearance: Kagé is a Sel'Ke born and living on the light side of Dakhara. His serpent form consists of golden scales, with a red mane. As with all other Sel'Ke, his bipedal form has purple scales, standing at just under six feet tall. His suit is elastic and molds itself to his shape, and is tucked away behind a layer of scales around his neck when he takes on a serpent form. He is currently two hundred years old.

Additional Note: Any ideas for how he could be involved in the main plot? That, and could I ask for feedback on the Azi Dahaka? The capitalization of separate portions of the same word is intentional; I wasn't sure how else to add additional emphasis. For example, spelling Yo'Lin as Yo'lin would lead to the mental pronunciation of yew-lin, while spelling it as Yo'Lin led to the mental pronunciation of Yoh-Lihn.

Pronounciations

Yo'Lin: Yoh-Lihn

S'Redit: Sih-Red-Iht

Ymmur: Yim-Moor

Sel'Ke: Sel-Keh

Tar'Ka'Jun: Tar-Kah-Juhn

Azi Dahaka: Ah-Zee Dha-Hah-Kha

Dakhara: Dha-Kha-Rha

Stemir: Steh-Miir

EDIT: Changed the entry on the Tar'Ka'Jun.

EDIT II: Added pronunciations

EDIT III: Thanks, Kobold!

Edited by Adamir