'Ello again, 17th Shard. Pretty basic question I've got for you today.

Is this--

iut06tfqzkdjkmvcpeu2.jpg

--worth watching? I've heard a few good things about it, but I haven't gotten any solid recommendations for it before. Is it a piece of quality entertainment? Is it appropriate for children of all ages?

I'd appreciate an opinion from anyone on the Shard who's seen it. Please and thank you. :)

For sure! As for quality, I watched them as they came out, starting when I was ten, and I really likes them. Then in January when I got Netflix I watched the last season, and it was still pretty good. I would say it is fine for any age really, of course some people are shot or slashed with a lightsaber, but no decapitations.

Yes, it's a great show. The first one or two seasons weren't great, but after that it got amazing. That being said, it does depend on your preferences. The first couple seasons were quite a bit more lighthearted, and the later seasons became more serious.

For the most part I would say it is age appropriate, but I could be incorrect on this. There are some scenes and characters that could be scary for very young children, and some deaths. Also, there are a few decapitations (no blood). All in all, I would say the age rating greatly differs from episode to episode. Some are obviously geared towards children, and some are not.

The first couple seasons are definitely appropriate though.

Overall though, I would say it is worth the watch. If you're watching with small children, I suggest watching for a while with them, and then if you see anything too violent for them, decide whether to keep watching or not.

Edited by KamorianKandra

I watched some of the original cartoon version (done by Gendy Tartakovsky, if memory serves) and I liked it.  In fact I have no qualms saying it is better than the prequel movies.  from a purely aesthetic standpoint, it is worth it for the General Grievous fight scenes alone; which are up there with Avatar and Korra as some of the best I have seen.

I watched some of the original cartoon version (done by Gendy Tartakovsky, if memory serves) and I liked it.  In fact I have no qualms saying it is better than the prequel movies.  from a purely aesthetic standpoint, it is worth it for the General Grievous fight scenes alone; which are up there with Avatar and Korra as some of the best I have seen.

Ah, those other two animated shows I've never seen before. :P

Thanks for the opinions, guys. This is definitely a show I want to check out. :)

I honestly didn't watch past the 1st few episodes as it just furthered Lucas's ego to change things cause he could and no one could change his mind. This is obvious in so many things in the prequels. So many contradictions it's painful at times to watch. I know a lot of people that did really enjoy it and told me to stick with it but I doubt I ever will. I would recommend the 1st Clone Wars cartoon easily. I'm sure they are on YouTube or Netflix. Those were really fun to watch I thought.

I do enjoy the hell out of the new show Rebels though.

I consider the Clone Wars (not the film, the series) to be one of the few things that I acknowledge as Star Wars, alongside the first two movies and Knights of the Old Republic. Do not mention the prequels, or the Force Unleashed.