About the woman and baby from Lightsongs petition

Incheoul

I believe he meant, did that baby end up dying, and Returning, and that's the one they need.

My gut tells me no; I feel like the pressure for her to get pregnant existed well before this scene with the baby. I was under the impression that it predated Siri's actual arrival in the city by some months. However, we know very little of that whole background plot mechanic, so like many things, it's entirely possible.

I hadn't ever even considered it, so whether this proves to be true or not, great eye for spotting a hidden, possible connection!

Words of Radiance:

If Words of Radiance taught me anything, it's that there random characters will come back in highly implausible second roles.

I'll check the ebook, but I think

Siri had figured out that they had a Returned baby ready and waiting before Lightsong ever met this baby

Edited by LabRat

You know, I've been thinking about the baby.

The whole deal with bringing a princess here was to have a better claim to the throne. But the baby would look nothing like Siri anyway, especially the hair. Would a Returned from the royal family even have royal locks, since the ability is divine breath derived to begin with?

P140 is the petition, after Siri has arrived, and P223 is when she realizes the danger, meaning they must have found the infant prior to that point.

So it is possible that the baby was the returned baby, but I got the impression that they had a waiting baby before Siri arrived in Hallandren

• Chaos locked this topic