Ask Honor Spren anything! (Because my topic titles are so original that way.)

The Honor Spren

Same, actually. :huh:

Um... opinion on typewriters?

Heh, our average temperature is 82 F where I live. :P

I know typewriters aren't as efficient as a keyboard, but they look so fantastic, I wish they'd make s comeback.

You're an honorspren, right? What's the most honorable act you have ever personally witnessed?

Off the top of my head? One time my dad made a large detour coming home from work to buy us shakes, just because he knew we had a hard day. (That was a one time thing, he doesn't usually do that.)

82F = 28 C That's supposed to be HOT?????

The temperature today is 38 C = 100 F

And that is not that hot for us

Y'all are weak! weak I say!

When I say average, I mean year round average. In winter, it's rare for it to ever go below 50F, and in summer, rare for it to go below 85.

And don't forget humidity. 40% is considered pretty dry. :P

Do you play video games? If so, what genres/franchises/systems?

I would say I play them indirectly? More on that in a bit.

Nintendo is the only one for me! :D

(plus some Minecraft every now and then, but that's an PC)

Mario is okay. The Mario Maker game is super fun, I've had a blast with it. As for real Mario games, with a story line, they haven't any really good ones since Super Mario Galaxy. (I may or may not have had damp eyes the first time I watched the end scene :ph34r: )

I've done Rayman Legends before. (I was only playing for the musical levels and the badchull princesses :P)

And now for my all time favorite . . . Zelda! :D

This is the one where I was doing "indirect gaming". I am the worst at most the controls on that game. But my brothers are video game masters for their ages (10 & 12). What happens is they do the controls, while I tell them stuff to do / cheer them on / solve the puzzles / look up walk throughs when they get super stuck. We have successfully completed Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds, and Spirit Tracks. Ocarina of Time is still being worked on, and we really want Majora's Mask.

Other assorted Zelda thoughts:

I just want to say that I am a huge fangirl over this series. (Own a Hyrule Historia, doodle Skyward era Zelda all the time, etc.) And that I fangirl squealed when you joined the Knights Awkward. And then looked at the Pack of the Cosmere and squealed some more. So thanks for that. :)

And are you as excited for the 30th anniversary game as I am?!?!

Yay, another fellow Zelda fan! I own the Hyrule Historia as well, but I can't draw humans very well, so items and symbols it is! As for the 30th anniversary- wait, it's the 30th already!? I still play the free to dowload four swords 25th anniversary edition! Man, time flies! But yes, I am quite excited for (what looks to be) the most beautiful and epic Zeldas ever.

Also, I'm glad that you got some enjoyment out of my RP character. I honestly didn't plan on being Link at first, but I had envisioned Syl as Fi for my entire read through (and at the time, Stormlight Archive and Reckoners were the only Sanderson books I'd read), and the Master Sword just fell into place. I did keep the name of my original character, though. And then I saw a group of people/ponies/dragons that turned into wolves, and that just lent itself to Link as well. So, thanks for the thanks I guess.

Follow-up question: have you played any of the Metroid games?

Of course, I'd highly recommend any of them (though probably not the original NES one because it's a franchise famous for labyrinths and the original has no map, making it very difficult to navigate). They're such good action-ish platformer, maze-navigating, adventuring, games that they started their own genre: Metroidvania (so named because the Castlevania games replicated it independantly)

Of course, I'd highly recommend any of them (though probably not the original NES one because it's a franchise famous for labyrinths and the original has no map, making it very difficult to navigate). They're such good action-ish platformer, maze-navigating, adventuring, games that they started their own genre: Metroidvania (so named because the Castlevania games replicated it independantly)

Thanks! ^_^ I'll look into them.

• 2 years later...

@The Honor SprenIf shalebark grows in a forest and no one sees it, how much does tallew cost in Azir? 

Which cosmere world is best suited for your temperament?

Favorite movie?

What is your shardic intent?

If you could  have any cosmere creature as a pet what would you get?

If you were fighting an army of super intelligent groundhogs which cosmere character would you want to have by your side?

What is the most interesting thing that you were ever commissioned to draw?

If you had to face down a pack of stick wielding sand creatures which cosmere character would you want by your side?

Which cosmere character would fit in well with your family?

Olives on pizza yes or no?

Favorite mythological hero

Most underrated comic book character.