Does that mean that they can't bribe people to the discovery faction, or does it mean that they can't bribe period?

Think of each bribe as a mini-lynch. Each Faction discusses among themselves and picks one candidate to remove from the other Factions. They then approach their own arbiters (who hold the purse strings) [This is just flavour; the Arbiter themselves does not have control over this] who will see to it that Faction funds go into bribing over that chosen person. It means that the Discovery Faction members will not have their own unique 'mini-lynch'. But as they are infiltrating the other Factions, they may still make bribe votes as members of the Factions they are infiltrating, since the money isn't coming from their pockets, and the arbiters have no way of knowing their true allegiances.

And yes, the corollary is that a Discovery Faction member expelled from a doc may still make a lynch vote but can no longer make a bribe vote.

Hey Kas, roughly how long do we have left in the cycle? And will all the cycles be only 24 hours? I was under the impression that they would be 48 hours.

Just under ten hours now. And no; only the first cycle will be 24 hours, as it's more or less time to get used to your Factions before you say goodbye to all the people you met before the bloodbath. After Cycle One, all cycles will be 48 hours.

Edit: Two more rule clarifications.

1. I have been asked if electing to sabotage your new Faction is against Fair Play.

Theoretically, that is not a ruling I am qualified to make, and I believe that would require a ruling from Gamma. I will say for my part that while I can't technically stop players from doing so (see: Gamma's betrayal in LG4), I would consider this to be going against the spirit of the rules, if not their word.

The Bribe Mechanic changes both your allegiance and your win con. I am not against actively electing to sabotage yourself as insurance for a future transfer. I am against doing so once both your allegiance and win con have changed, and would regard doing so as being equivalent to a Villager choosing to actively play on the Eliminator team, or a Convert sabotaging their new Team and playing for Team Village.

Last, I would just remind all players that it would probably be better if you don't annoy the other players too much, and to just remember that doing so would probably tick off a few people :P Myself, I will just sigh and deal.

2. What happens if Bloodsealer A Wards Gamma and Bloodsealer B Wards Bloodsealer A?

This is a tricky question. According to the Stack, both actions have the same priority. So, this is how it works.

Bloodsealer A: Their action of Warding Gamma goes through. Their Bribe votes and Lynch votes do not.

Gamma: Both Gamma's action and votes are nullified.

3. What happens if a Faction is destroyed? Will this be announced?

No. The destruction of a Faction will not be announced.

4. Can Siblings have a second role?

No. They cannot.

Edited by Kasimir

Bortholemew the Blind listened to the palace guard and sighed. His faction had been assigned, and events were moving forward. Slowly, admittedly, but, give it a day or two, and the beardomancer was sure that the bodies would start piling up here, just as they had on that train to Elendel. The amount of death and killing going on across the Cosmere, you might think Rayse had reforged Adonalsium and was in complete control. With a shudder, Bortholemew sincerely hoped that was not the case, it would mean bad news for everyone.

Moving on to the kitchen, he usurped a stool, and claimed a spot at the food preparation bench. It didn't take too long before he was pulling a freshly baked beardnut from the palace ovens. He dipped it in chocolate, and then stuck a candle in the top. That Kip Sturm fellow had mentioned something about it being his birthday, so Bortholemew had made them a cake.

Happy birthday Kipper. Sorry I didn't get this to you yesterday, but the beardnuts do take some time to cook.

After discussing it with my faction, I decided there wasn't really a downside to giving the names of other people in my faction.

• Adamir
  • Bort
  • Bridge Boy
  • zas678
  • little wilson
  • Paranoid King
  • Wyrmhero
  • Pixie
  • Kipper

Does anyone else feel like sharing names?

Edited by Adamir

Time-check: We are now slightly over four hours to the end of the cycle. Please remember to get your actions in, where applicable, and to not get overly-attached to your Faction members... :ph34r:

Edited by Kasimir

Cang Lu swirled the mug a little in both hands. He had to use both hands to keep the remaining tea inside from spilling out; his hands were not as stable as they once were. Nor, for that matter, did he want to chance the ceramic cup slipping from his grasp if he held it in just one hand, and then it smashing on the floor. A powerful omen, it would be, this he knew to be true. But unlike many tasseomancers, he did not believe that the future could solely be found in the leaves. He would not face that omen while he still had the choice. The future could be fought, changed, even won, perhaps. A man with future sight could perform many great tasks, given time.

He coughed violently, and some of the hot, strong tea spilling onto the floor and splashing outwards. 'Time', he thought bitterly. Yes, time. A most precious commodity, these days, for both him and the Emperor. He felt cheated, in a way. It was right that the Emperor should be blessed with long life, but at the same time, he was envious that the man would have lived another ten years than him before his death. But then, everyone felt that way, at the end. He sighed and drained the last liquid in the cup, then brought it back down onto the table. He did not stare into the depths just yet, but closed his eyes and leaned back a little, savouring the taste. He hoped they had tea in the world that lay beyond death.

Footsteps pounded the stone floor outside his room. Even in his old age, Cang Lu still prided himself on his hearing. It was the courtier's most dangerous weapon, and not one he would give up lightly. Then there was a knock at the door. "Enter," he said, wincing as he sat back up, and then straightening his shirt a little. A guardsman entered the room, and snapped off a salute. Cang Lu wearily waved for him to stop. There was no need for a salute - just because he was paying the man didn't mean he was suddenly the commanding officer. Though the implication of respect was appreciated, particularly in his frail years. "What news of his Imperial Majesty? And shut the door, fool."

The guard nodded slightly and did as commanded. "The Emperor is making a strong recovery, and hopes to be well enough to attend next month's festival," he replied, rattling it off with a small strain as if remembering. "He will not be hearing any petitions for now, but petitioners may apply for time to speak with the Emperor when he has made a full recovery."

Cang Lu rolled his eyes at the 'when'. "And when we are not following Imperial directives? What do I even pay you for if you spout that worthless propaganda? I pay for you to speak your mind, though even now I fear I am being cheated out of my coinpurse. What is the truth?"

The soldier hesitated, and looked around. Cang Lu didn't blame him for being cautious about treasonous talk. Eventually, he slumped a little and gave in to Cang Lu's stare. "The Emperor... does not expect to attend any events during the next month."

Cang Lu nodded. "Except one," he muttered, reading between the political lines. "I see. That is... closer than I hoped. Than any of us hoped." An early death would be disastrous. All these plans he had made, and none of them yet in place. "No doubt the stress of ensuring his legacy is only worsening his condition. The sooner that is sorted out, the better for all, I think." Not the least because he would know where the power was expected to be transferred to. This chaos... It was not the useful sort, not for him. "Very well," he continued, giving a small, encouraging smile to the soldier. "I wish to hear of any changes in his condition, so that I may be the first to congratulate him. You are dismissed."

Meant to do some RP yesterday, but the day ran away with me - as it's doing now, sadly. But I digress.

I actually disagree with Wilson that we need to have the faction list posted at the start of each Cycle to find spooked Discoverers (though I don't disagree that it should be posted) - We know if anyone's been spooked from our doc, after all, so we can just say who the Discoverers are. Never mind, I forgot that faction Bribes meant we couldn't be sure why someone was removed from our doc. Still thinking of things in terms of MR1, at least where the Discoverers are involved. As has been mentioned, it's a good idea to find the infiltrators, but a bad one for the faction game. It will hurt the faction that's ahead. I don't think that's too bad though - We each only have a 1/3rd chance of being in the faction that's ahead, and it will be interesting to see who tries to keep things equal. In any case, I think it's probably a small price to pay to find the Discoverers. But then, I note that only we have revealed who is on our doc. Could someone from each other Faction please post their player list?

Edit: I'd also not be entirely against trying the different flavours of tea out there :P.

Edited by Wyrmhero

"Perhaps you'd like to sample my speciality tea? Earl Greybeard." Bortholemew the Blind offered a teapot to Cang Lu.

So, are we all going to work together to get rid of the sneaky Cremlings from the Discovery Channel (Faction), then we can set ourselves up to have an honourable fight for power, with none of this sneaking around?

Edited by Bort

I notice that the predominance of discussion thus far has been from my faction, with only the barest of comments/questions said by those in other factions. This isn't really a problem, except that it's obvious that in order to find Discovery, Moderation, Heritage, and Glory must work together. Our team's diplomats are useless checking our own faction members, and spooked Discoverers look no different than someone bribed to a different faction. Our only hope of finding the Discovery faction lies in other faction's diplomats and sharing our faction members each cycle so we know if someone isn't in the docs.

Please note that I am not saying we should kill the Discoverers. I'm simply saying that we need to remove them from our docs. So long as there are Discoverers in each faction, they will be trying to subtly pull the strings, getting the people they want lynched and also probably trying to arrange the bribes to screw over two teams at once, if possible. If they're not in your doc, they can't do that. If they're not in your doc, this becomes a pure faction-based game, and we can all take each other on head-to-head.

If it weren't for Discovery, we could stop talking in the thread altogether, because discussion and communication here in the thread is pointless in a faction-based game where we send in votes privately. However, if we don't communicate, Discovery wins. Unlike in MR1, there's no dead tweet or obvious spooking to tell us who the infiltrators are. They'll slide by, and if any of them do get spooked, I can guarantee that if we're not working together, the other Discoverers will ensure that that person gets bribed back into a faction. We will lose to them if we don't work together. We may lose to another faction if we do.

Which would you prefer?

Hear, hear!

Diplomats, start scanning people from other factions. If there is a diplomat in my faction, he/she is completely useless to us. If a diplomat finds a Discovery Faction member, please reveal yourself in the main thread; the second diplomat (if there is one) will then examine the same player to find out who is Svordish and who is Jindoese.

This will only be happening this cycle. I don't plan to do this again, but here's my faction list:

Mailliw

Neo

Hael

Aonar

Jain

Clanky

Seonid

Orlok

Emerald

Which means that this must be the third faction:

Phattemer

Shallan

Herowannabe

Araris

Dow

Zephrer

Joe

Eowyn

Alv

Our only hope of finding the Discovery faction lies in other faction's diplomats and sharing our faction members each cycle so we know if someone isn't in the docs.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. At a maximum, there'll be three people leaving a faction at once. Two bribed members and a spooked Discoverer. If only those names are shared in the thread, we can find the Discoverer easily without revealing our whole faction to you.

You still won't be able to tell which diplomat is which, though- just that they're different.

Here's the people in my faction- first cycle, at least.  :ph34r:

Alvron

Araris

dowanx

Herowannabe

phattemer

Shallan

Spooky Eowyn

The Only Joe

Zephrer

Edit: Ninja'd haha

Edited by Spooky Eowyn

Can confirm Mailliw's list for our faction, and so presumes that the last one is correct (can't be bothered crossreferencing Adamirs list atm).

Edit: Also looks to line up with Eowyns, so that's good.

Edited by Haelbarde

Sorry, but that's incorrect. At a maximum, there'll be three people leaving a faction at once. Two bribed members and a spooked Discoverer. If only those names are shared in the thread, we can find the Discoverer easily without revealing our whole faction to you.

Valid point. So we would need to share both the people leaving the doc and the people entering each cycle and match them up with others' lists.

MR7: Cycle Two - The Assassin of Emperors

It was sometime after midnight when Kwai left his room in the Phoenix Wing of the Rose Palace, treading quietly down passageways he’d long familiarised himself with during the day. Where he ran into patrolling Strikers, he nodded to them; they returned the greeting. They knew him now, as the famous painter and poet hired by Kaleva to produce works of art worthy of the Emperor himself.

He was stopped at the entrance to the Imperial Wing. Two Strikers guarded that entrance; he knew of one of them by reputation. Zu, he recalled—a promising young man destined to rise swiftly through the ranks, according to palace gossip. He flashed the piece of paper bearing Kaleva’s seal. They waved him through.

The Imperial Wing was increasingly opulent; the many paintings on the walls were typical of the more recent works of art: splashes and daubs of paint. What they were to represent was not immediately evident. He paused before a painting in many, many shades of red; splashed in thick, heavy brush-strokes, with subtle threads of light scarlet woven throughout. The calligraphed characters on the scroll that hung beside it informed the viewer that the great artist Taran had titled it ‘Sunset Over The Mountains.’ Kwai shook his head, and carried on. Art, he thought, required subtlety. A true artist didn’t just work with the senses—he had to touch the soul.

The door to the Emperor’s quarters was ajar. He pushed against it, and stepped in.

Yazad, his face grey and drawn, glanced up at him. “Kwai…?” he asked, in a thin, reedy voice. “He said it would be you. He told me you would come.”

“Your Majesty,” Kwai said, performing the required obeisance in the doorway. He stepped on into the room. This was the man he’d painted for, written poetry for, Kwai thought. At the end of all things; a tired man, not particularly old, worn down by disease to a thin shadow swathed in thick cotton sheets. The Resealers had discreetly withdrawn, by now. Perhaps that, too, had been arranged. There was only so much they could do for the disease eating away at Yazad, no matter how many times they remade his flesh.

He stepped forward. Took one step, and then another, and then he was at the Emperor’s side. Too many things to say, Kwai thought. So he said none of them. With a flick, the dagger came out of its wrist-sheath. “I’ve come to set you free.”

In a smooth motion, he drove the dagger to the hilt in the man’s heart. There was no reply. There would never be one.

He carefully closed the staring eyes, ordered the Emperor’s limbs, folded arms over the cotton sheets to give the old man as much dignity as he could. There was a poem, he thought, that the Emperor had him recite often; about parting with old friends on the mountains. For every reason now, it was running through his head, mingling with the tale of the archer who shot the suns out of the sky.

For that was what he had done, had he not?

He cleaned the blade in the golden washbasin on the nightstand, watching as the blood ran and swirled in obscure patterns in the water. And then he sheathed the dagger, and left, closing the door quietly behind him.

I5ZnETC-UOZjfiFvnDHE0W-C9SyvCqcblDZAV2ozgJeVlAIY_7ejfsiLDg7zAyHyIGVBRCeO_LkMZFvI9uqFwmCGhBSMIVl-kXHaAim64JoqxsghPzHk8Zgazmob7JPgIQ

Kaleva was drinking alone, when Kwai entered his room. The moonlight shone silver through the open window. The Arbiter glanced calmly at him. “Have a seat,” Kaleva said. “Tea?”

There was a second cup on the table; celadon, Kwai noted, and nothing like the rough clay at the Frozen Moon. He hesitated, and then nodded and took the proferred seat.

“Rest assured,” Kaleva said, “I’m not intending to poison you.” His smile was, Kwai thought, annoyingly knowing. “It’s good tea. You should try it. I received it the first year Yazad came to power: ruinously expensive, of course. I don’t make a habit of accepting bribes.”

“You’re drinking it now,” Kwai pointed out.

“So I am. A shame to waste good tea, don’t you think?”

Kwai picked up the cup, admired the delicate teal glaze and the impression of seabirds on the rim. And then he sipped from it. “I told you,” Kaleva said, without even a touch of smugness. “The best. Red Robe tea is reserved for the use of the Emperor alone…and certain people with connections.”

“But not you.”

Kaleva said, setting his own cup down, soberly, “I do not abuse power, Shi KwaiRan. You may want to remember that.” In the silent wake of that sharp rebuke, he added, “So, who was it, then? No, let me guess. Gamman put you up to it.” He named one of his fellow arbiters from the Reform Faction.

Kwai nodded. “He did. Are you going to ask why?”

Kaleva snorted. “I’m sure I already know the answer,” he said, dismissively. “I’m only surprised it took him this long to arrange something.” He shook his head. “I was not lying, that night in the Frozen Moon. My influence is waning and has been for a very long time, no matter what they say. I’d hoped that together with Yazad, we could’ve pushed through the reforms the Empire so badly needs, but Yazad had always a history of weak health…” his voice trailed off. “And of course, every arbiter is happy to speak of reforms, until they have to give up something for it.”

It was, Kwai thought, a surprisingly bitter statement; uncharacteristic of Kaleva.

“They’re gathering, of course,” Kaleva said, matter-of-factly. “The other factions, like crows. They would’ve gathered anyway—too many people talk, in the Rose Palace. It was only a matter of time.”

“But why the Frozen Moon?”

Kaleva smiled. “You didn’t guess?” At Kwai’s shake of his head, he said, “It’s one thing to hear it from spies. Another to hear me admit it so openly. Perhaps a fool’s move, when anyone can see the dance is almost over. But it unbalanced them. Of course, I’m sure that also panicked Gamman into moving so soon.” He glanced critically at Kwai. “Otherwise, he might’ve been content to let Yazad die of his disease.”

“He would’ve called for your death in any event,” Kwai replied, acknowledging the point.

Kaleva said, “I know.” He sighed, gesturing to the room around him; at the calligraphed scrolls, at the bookshelves, the opulent desk with the gold-scrawled dragon, the celadon tea-set, the many tiny odds and ends that made up the detritus of the man’s life. “Look at this. I’ve accumulated enough after decades of fighting with the other factions and the arbiters, trying to push in the needed reforms…I think it’s about time I stepped down, one way or another. Don’t you?”

Kwai said, “You could’ve run.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” Kaleva said. “Where would I go? The Empire has been my life, Kwai. I don’t deny that I’ve done terrible, terrible things in the name of power. But Imperial politics is not a game, and anyone who enters the dance without some steel in him will have to be prepared to give it up. I have given the Empire—and my faction—my youth. Why should I stint on giving up my life?”

“Gamman is not a good man.”

“And I am?” Kaleva shook his head. “I thank you, Kwai. But I have enough self-respect, I think, to know better. Come,” he said, “Drink with me. Wasn’t it a poet of your people who wrote that one of the most precious things was drinking with a friend at a parting?”

“Shao KaiJun was a philosopher and a poet,” Kwai replied, but he drank the tea, savouring its rich fragrance. “And I believe he wrote of drinking wine with a friend.”

Kaleva laughed; amused. “I’m afraid I don’t have wine,” he remarked. “So tea will have to do.”

They sat, drinking tea, in a companionable silence as the last of the night waned and the sky beyond flushed with the first hint of dawn. Eventually, Kaleva nodded.

Kwai slipped the dagger free from its sheath. He made it quick and painless.

It was, he thought, all someone could do, in times like this. He cleaned the blade on a piece of cloth, sheathed it, and then catiously slipped out of Kaleva’s quarters, as the new sun rose, engulfing the land in its brilliance and glory.

Left on the table were two empty celadon cups; drained to the dregs, now emptied.

Yazad was the Emperor of the Eighty Suns belonging to the Reform Faction!

Kaleva was an Arbiter belonging to the Reform Faction!

The Emperor is dead! Cycle Two (and the succession war) begins now, and will last for 48 hours, ending on Friday, 3rd July, at 11PM SGT [=GMT +8].

Player List

1. Ableah Edr (Haelbarde)
2. Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)
3. Cang Lu (Wyrmhero)
4. Baatar Zaofu (Adamir)
5. Jain (Jain)
6. Seixa (phattemer)
7. Wai ZhierSen (little wilson)
8. Cation Vinid (Shallan)
9. Sir Edonar (Paranoid King)
10. Hreo (Herowannabe)
11. Waimin (Mailliw73)
12. Locke (OrlokTsubodai)
13. Sei Nis (Seonid)
14. Arandar (Araris Valerian)
15. Dow (dowanx)
16. The Green Xienbei (Emerald101)
17. Kartesh (Zephrer)
18. Jeno (The Only Joe)
19. Eo (spooky Eowyn)
20. Neo (neodymium)
21. Pixie (Pixie)
22. Ishtar (zas678)
23. Asterion (Alvron)
24. Ynla Ka (Clanky)
25. Slave (Bridge Boy)
26. Kip Sturm (Kipper)
27. Ashim (Aonar Faileas)

Edited by Kasimir

A young boy, muscular, but thin, walked out of Naor the Arbiters wing of the palace. He was garbed in enough silk to look like a small large pillow. He was wearing multiple shirts and other pieces of clothing, sweeping across the floor as he walked, all the finest that money could buy. Apparently Naor had given his new servant free roam of his chambers, letting him do whatsoever he chose for the most part. Many of the other factions would look upon that, and use it against Naor when the time came. It was nearly impossible to make out any other distinguishing features behind the mad whirlwind of color. The young boy slowly made his way through the palace, asking directions multiple times, until he came to the door of the office of the chief of street maintenance. He knocked, and received a gruff, "Enter. If you must." from the occupant. Slave pushed open the door, and viewed a rather odd scene. In a room only as large as Naor's wardrobe, was a man so tall that he was constantly stooped over in his chair so that his head was not brushing the ceiling. His shoulders were wide, and he was obviously very muscled. Spread on the walls of the room were obviously maps of some kind, possibly showing the streets of the city, which was most likely, seeing the mans occupation. There were numerous annotations on the majority of the maps, defining various potholes and rough cobbles that needed to be fixed. The man was stooped over a small desk, furiously scribbling a message to someone, something about more supplies needed for the fourth quadrant department. He looked up as Slave entered, a grizzled beard, obviously left uncared for in the last few days, covering his face, seeming like a thick hairy covering to separate the man from the world. By the look in his eyes, it wasn't working. Slave walked up uncaring, fished around in his rainbow apparel for a few moments, then pulled out a sheaf of papers from somewhere inside the jumbled mess, that looked to have been stepped on multiple times, and was that... orange stains on that corner. Obviously the courier had not been the most careful in his duties. Slave spoke for the first time, his voice a shrill squeak, that was mildly offensive to the ear. "Here are your papers sir, all read through and signed with the appropriate signature," he proclaimed proudly as he passed them over. The man handled them gingerly, but they did have the proper markings, so he turned to shoo the young servant away, but the young man continued to speak. "Some men might let a disease like this get them down, maybe stop doing paperwork for a while, but not my master! No, even though I had to hold the papers for him, he did it! Yes, my master is a great man, a great man indeed." The grizzled man tried to begin speaking, while gently pushing him out the door, but the young man resisted, and continued to prattle on. "He might not be able to stand, or drink anything more than broth, but my master continues on, yes he does. Through the coughing and sneezing, he read every one of those papers, and understood them too! I'm just a poor slave, with no learning of my own, but my master could understand everything those papers said, yes sir, and he knew what you were doing was important, so he pressed on, even through the horrible disfigura-" The man had heard enough, and his head was starting to ache. He roared, "Enough!" and bodily shoved the boy through the open doorway hard enough that the jumbled mess continued on at a good clip down the hallway. The door was slammed, and the man went back to his work. But after a few moments, he looked around, and seeing no one nearby, he deftly flipped over the letter he was writing, and continued on the other side. "The papers have arrived, and the mop handles are just large enough to fit spears in. This should give you a perfect way of sneaking your armaments through into the castle itself, and none shall be the wiser. Within three months, we should be ready for a full uprising against this tyrannical organization. The money will be stored in the containers of cleaning fluids in the storage room, so send a messenger to obtain it, and our plan can proceed as planned. Hail to the republic!" The secret letter was quickly folded and put away in a pocket. Then he went back to work on his original missive. Slave, hidden in a corner, saw everything. Now without his clothing of before, he wore utilitarian garments that might pass as a cleaners preferred style of clothing, but which were dark enough to blend into shadows easily. He carefully unpinned one of the maps from the wall, and turned it over to reveal plans for an attack upon the castle itself, beginning from within. It was deftly folded and slipped into a large pocket on his clothing, before Slave slipped through the door to go find his usual clothing. Sneaking around had become so much easier since he began using the thing, a mass of colorful clothing, much more memorable than the boy wearing them, mounted upon a framework supported by wheels. He was almost invisible now.

Here are some links to the clarificatory questions asked and already answered:

1. Updated Rules Post with FAQs
2. Clarificatory Questions
3. Cycle One: Batch One
4. Cycle One: Batch Two
5. Cycle One: Batch Three
6. Cycle One: Batch Four
7. Cycle One: Batch Five

Cycle Two Clarifications:
-What happens if two Arbiters try to votejack the same person?
I'm going to invoke the Principle of Buridan's chull here. If the same person has been votejacked, they become so tugged in both directions that they do not vote due to indecision.

-I am going to have to reverse a prior ruling due to worries of balance and turtling, and I apologise for doing so as I do not like to do this: Resealers can protect the same target two cycles in a row, and they protect from all kills except the lynch.

-Can the Rememberer Forge the roles of Emperor or Arbiter (Reform)?
No. Alas, those were just for flavour and are not actually in the pool of roles available.

-Can I have a secret conversation with another Faction member on a doc by deleting content from the doc when no one is looking?
Yeah, sure, be my guest. Just be aware that these can be tracked by looking at Doc revisions, and as you're signed into the doc, your identity is reflected there. I am only going to put one limitation: please do not remove GM content from the doc. Thank you.

-Can Arbiters target anyone's vote?
Yes. They can target any player. The only limitation is that they can only target one player for each of their vote-switching abilities.

-Can I monkey with the GM text in-doc and make it really tiny or make it white or something?
No. GM text is off-limits. If you want me to remove something, ask me, but I can't guarantee I can remove it, as clarifications need to remain public.

-Can an Arbiter change a vote to a no-vote?
Yes.

-Must the Arbiter target the same player for both the transfer vote change and the lynch vote change? Similarly, must the Arbiter make the player whose votes they are changing target the same person?
No, and no. I think the easiest way to address this question is like this: think of the Arbiter's ability as being that of your standard vote manipulation role (so, like a Reverser in LG5. Being an Arbiter is like having two different Reversers, one for the Bribe vote, and one for the Lynch vote. You can use either Reverser, or both, you can target anyone with them, and you can change votes to no-votes.

-If a Bloodsealer targets Dead Player X to use as a Skeletal for their kill, can the Rememberer still salvage that player's role?
I'm going to go with the initial intention with which I created that ability. It was not meant to be a hard limit on the kill or a  reflection of the Lifeless in LG4. Using a dead player was more or less just a flavour thing, and I intended it to be reflected in either one of the write-ups, or where that was not possible, in the death PM the target in question would've received. Tldr; yes. The Bloodsealer kill does not interfere with the Rememberer's ability. 

-If Siblings vote to bribe each other, is that vote nullified?
No. Only the lynch vote is.

-Can a Bloodsealer Ward and kill the person they've Warded in the same cycle?
Yes. There is no upper limit to the number of actions that can be taken.

-Must there be a dead player for the Bloodsealer to be able to use their Skeletal kill? (i.e. Can they kill during Cycle Two?)
No. The Bloodsealer can, in theory, kill whoever they've Warded on Cycle One, or whoever they've Warded this cycle, at this point in time.

-What happens if multiple Bloodsealers try to use the bones of the same dead player?
The GM despairs and there is lulz. Nothing that affects gameplay happens.

-If we roleblock a Scholar, do they get booted from a doc? Does this remove their extra life?
No. Passive abilities cannot be role-blocked. What I would rule to be passive abilities typically include extra lives--whether those of the Scholars or of the Teullu(s). In addition, it may be relevant to the interests of some to note that the Sibling PM ability and the dying Diplomat PM are considered to be a 'passive' abilities for the purposes of this game. Similarly, the delayed death of a Diplomat is a passive ability.

-Say a Diplomat gets hit and is informed they will die the next cycle. Can a Resealer save a Diplomat from their impending death if they protect a Diplomat on the next cycle?
No. The Diplomat is considered 'dead'--they're just taking their time about it. A Resealer can protect from kills, but cannot protect from the inevitable.

-Can a player have more than one role?

No.

-Which roles can protect from the lynch?

The Teullu Warrior and the Forger's protection ability.

Edited by Kasimir

Bortholemew sighed sadly. He hadn't known the Emperor or the Arbiter personally, but it seemed someone was intent in plunging this poor land into chaos. He took a sip of his Earl Greybeard and returned to the hall where the faction to which he had been assigned was meeting.

Now, he was stuck here until the end of this fiasco, if he wanted to find his clue and move on. He just hoped he survived the experience this time.

Well. Didn't see that coming. :blink:

KWAAAAIIIIIII!!!!

Edit: Just finished some RP in the last thread, right after it was ended, so can I move it here so more people can see it? Thanks. It's just a way to introduce my character.

Edited by Bridge Boy

Awesome write up Kas! Also, for the few who might have noticed it and wondered why it disappeared, I hid my initial post so Kas' clarification post comes immediately after the OP. What I had said was ' In before Kipper? No quick links unless thread discussion picks up'

Go for it Bridge, there's nothing wrong with moving the post over here. Might I recommend adding a little space to your RP so it isn't just a solid block of words? It makes it easier to read.