The only reason I said that was so I could get in before Haelbarde's quicklinks. And then he didn't post them. Wah.

Yeh, my whole family is busy right now, so it's just me at home...in more ways than one.

So what roles/factions do you guys have? :lol:

I'm an Elantrian Shu-Korath Priest with Seon Ashe, Korathi Pendant, and I'm on the Citizens of Arelon faction.

Beware of fireballs!

Well... close enough. I think you just might have the wrong game, though.

This is a reminder to all players: Cycle One is a no kill cycle. Neither the lynch nor kill actions will successfully proceed. In addition, here are some issues I've had to clarify:

-Are lynch votes publicised in the write-up?
As I've made clear in the rules post, neither lynch votes nor transfer votes will be publicised.

-Can a Bloodsealer use their role-block this cycle?
Yes. Any action that is not a kill action may be taken.

-Can a Faction win if they are the sole survivors but the Discovery Faction infiltrators still exist?
The win condition is total annihilation. Neither can win while the other survives.

-Can a Bloodsealer use their Skeletal Kill on a player Warded by another Bloodsealer?
No.

-What happens if a Bloodsealer attacks a player protected by the Teullu Warrior?
The Bloodsealer dies.

-Can the Discovery Faction bribe players?
No. They are bankrupt.

-Can one of the Siblings start on the Discovery Faction? How do they win then?
A Sibling cannot start on the Discovery Faction. (I considered being more ambiguous about this, but there is no reason to be.)

-Can a Rememberer take on the role of a dead Arbiter?
Yes. This was in the FAQs.

-Can we use the Bribe mechanic on a member of our own Faction?
No. This was in the FAQs.

-Can a Resealer target themselves? What about twice in a row?

Yes, and yes.

-Are all the Discovery Faction members in two docs?

Sigh. This game is a reboot of MR1. The Discovery Faction members are all infiltrating other docs. They are all Blasphemous Scholars.

I will make a quick note here: I will prioritise questions that have not already been answered in the FAQs. This is in order to get to the more pressing issues that require my attention. In other words, please check the FAQs first :) This makes things easier for both of us.

Edited by Kasimir

. . .

That would be a monumentally bad idea at this point in the game. They need to keep themselves secret, until the discovery faction is found.

All right, then. Would it be as bad an idea for the siblings to step forwards? Their win conditions don't interfere with those of other factions - while I'm not sure whether we could trust whether they actually were siblings, we could have two people less likely to be Discovery Faction.

It was just clarified that the siblings cannot be with the discovery demons.

Which was why I said 'less likely'; it could be two Discovery Faction members stepping forward as the Siblings to disqualify themselves from suspicion.

Unlikely. If it backfires, that's two of them caught out immediately.

Hi guys. Bortholemew the Blind, checking in. Will try to get some RP out later, but I have friends coming over, so my not be able to.

I'll also need to reread the rules before I can make any helpful comments.

Edited by Bort

Which was why I said 'less likely'; it could be two Discovery Faction members stepping forward as the Siblings to disqualify themselves from suspicion.

This:

Unlikely. If it backfires, that's two of them caught out immediately.

And my own addition: It would backfire. There is likely only one set of siblings in the game (though there could be more). If there is only one, if the Discovery faction decided to pretend that they were also siblings, the real set of siblings would step forward as well, and then the priority would be on those four players, to figure out which is real and which is fake. And then, yes. The Discovery faction would lose two of their number right off the bat. In the event that there are two sets of siblings, that would be four cleared people right there.

If the siblings want to step forward, they can, but I would personally caution against it, simply because publicizing that could make you lose. When one of you dies, I can practically guarantee there will be people trying to keep you from ending up on the same faction, just to keep you from winning. Best to keep that information (and all role information) contained.

Two more clarifications:

1. Please be reminded to send in orders as replies to the role PM. I'm dealing with 27-odd PMs, I really don't need extra PMs floating in, so I'd appreciate your cooperation in enabling timely responses while juggling these :) If you could demarcate orders by cycle, that'd be even more helpful and I'd greatly appreciate that. So, something like this:

Kas - Cycle One - Orders
1. Block Gamma
2. Bribe Ren

Thanks!

2. I've been asked about how the Diplomats work. Let me explain it more clearly:

Kas does not know if he is a Jindoeese or Svordish Diplomat. He is a member of the Heritage Faction.

If Kas is a Jindoeese Diplomat:
A. Scanning a member of the Heritage Faction yields the result <Heritage Faction>.
B. Scanning a member of another Faction yields the correct result: Discovery, Moderation, or Glory.

If Kas is a Svordish Diplomat:
A. Scanning a member of the Heritage Faction yields the result <Heritage Faction>.
B. Scanning a member of another Faction yields a result randomised between: Discovery, Moderation, and Glory.

I hope this clears things up!

Edit: Third question on the Diplomats.

-If the Svordish Diplomat scans the same person a second time, what do they see? Is the result re-randomised?
No. The first scan is randomised, but the second scan will simply repeat the result of the first. Treat it like this: the Svordish Diplomat's paperwork may lead them down the wrong trail, but as their paperwork (body of evidence) remains consistent, so does the conclusion they draw from it.

Edit 2: Even more clarifications:

-Can the Discovery Faction bribe people into their Faction?

Alas, the Discovery Faction is broke. They cannot bribe people, as a Faction.

Edited by Kasimir

2. I've been asked about how the Diplomats work. Let me explain it more clearly:

Kas does not know if he is a Jindoeese or Svordish Diplomat. He is a member of the Heritage Faction.

If Kas is a Jindoeese Diplomat:

A. Scanning a member of the Heritage Faction yields the result <Heritage Faction>.

B. Scanning a member of another Faction yields the correct result: Discovery, Moderation, or Glory.

If Kas is a Svordish Diplomat:

A. Scanning a member of the Heritage Faction yields the result <Heritage Faction>.

B. Scanning a member of another Faction yields a result randomised between: Discovery, Moderation, and Glory.

So basically, all diplomats: do not scan within your own faction. It will do no good. Scan those not in your faction.

Also, question to everyone. What does everyone think about having faction lists posted in the thread at the start of every cycle? The reason for this is to find Discoverers who have been hit once. All Discoverers are Blasphemous Scholars, so they all have double lives, but they're removed from the faction's doc they're infiltrating once they're hit. They only way for them to infiltrate again is to be bribed.

I propose that one person from every faction posts a list of who is in their faction. Others in the faction can verify the list is correct, and we can check it against the surviving players. If someone is alive, but not in any of our faction docs, they must be a Discoverer. Our goal then is to not bribe them. Right now, there are two things working in the discovery factions favor: One, the infiltration into all of our docs provides them the collective information from everyone in the game, and two, bribing them doesn't change their win condition, so they can trust each other completely and fully, which is something the rest of us can't do, since we could be bribed at any time. While we can't change one of those things, we can at least take the information away from them by cleaning house, and making sure none of them find their way back in (and if they do, we can kill them for good).

What does everyone think about this plan?

I'm not so sure. I think it's a good idea against the Discovery Faction, since they probably already have such a list on their doc. 

However, I don't think it's a good idea for the Faction fight. If we all post our lists, than we immediately know who's ahead, who's behind, and who we should target. That means we'll keep fighting amongst ourselves, all staying fairly even until the end- and that known infighting could provide a better culture for the Discovery Faction to take control.

Well, except for the 3 faction specific roles. And the arbiters- if I transfer to a faction on cycle 8, and the 4ish people who are still there after so many transfers will narrow it down of who's arbiter pretty quick.

EDIT- But now, or any time, is probably is the easiest time to post the list.

I interrupt your discussion with another Diplomat question :P

Say Kas is a Svordish Diplomat with the Heritage Faction. He scans Gamma and discovers Gamma is a member of the Glory Faction. Now, Gamma has been transferred to the Heritage Faction. Kas scans Gamma again. What is the result?

My ruling is that the rule about seeing members of your own Faction as coming from your Faction has primacy. The rule about receiving a consistent result only comes into effect when the case in question is one on which randomisation would otherwise be invoked. In this case, Kas would receive the result that Gamma is a member of the Heritage Faction, as randomisation does not occur for members of the same Faction. Otherwise, if Gamma were not to be transferred and Kas had scanned him again, then he would once again receive the result that Gamma is a member of the Glory Faction, consistent with the results of the first randomisation.

Edit: And a question about the Resealer:

-Can the Resealer protect from the lynch?
Yes. Yes they can.

Edited by Kasimir

Okay, so if a Jindoeese diplomat scans a blasphemous scholar in his own faction (say glory), he will both find out that he himself is Jindoeese and that the other character is from the discovery faction?

And if he is Svordish, he will just get the results he expects, meaning that he will see the other guy as a member of the glory faction?

Okay, so if a Jindoeese diplomat scans a blasphemous scholar in his own faction (say glory), he will both find out that he himself is Jindoeese and that the other character is from the discovery faction?

And if he is Svordish, he will just get the results he expects, meaning that he will see the other guy as a member of the glory faction?

As previously clarified, a Jindoeese Diplomat scanning within their Faction will receive exactly the same results as the Svordish Diplomat scanning within their Faction. Neither would be able to identify the Scholar. A Scholar can only be identified correctly by a Jindoeese Diplomat from a different Faction.

The only reason I said that was so I could get in before Haelbarde's quicklinks. And then he didn't post them. Wah.

Yeh, my whole family is busy right now, so it's just me at home...in more ways than one.

So what roles/factions do you guys have? :lol:

With it being first cycle, there's less need for them. But also, I get the impression that most things will happen in the docs, with there being only a bit of global rule clarification and game discussion. Unless that doesn't turn out to be the case, I feel there's not much use for the quick links. 

EDIT:

And a present. Very basic, and not that good, but it's something:

Have a Banner!

KipperAMA.png

You can put that in your sig where you have the link. Means people can click your banner and find your AMA.

EDIT 2:

The code for that (if that's how you prefer to do things) is:

[img=http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af5/Haelbarde/17thShard/KipperAMA.png]
Edited by Haelbarde