While Kas has seemed to have addressed most of any issues that have come up with the change, and most of the players seem to have discussed things and gotten it mostly settled, I feel like I should speak up as the Impartial Mod that helped Kas reach this decision. While it of course can be easy to look back and see what choices could have been better chosen, GM'ing a game is a taxing process, and requires a lot of hard and dedicated work to help try and make the game as fun as possible for players. This is especially true for Faction Games, and is always the case when new mechanics are at work. Honestly, some things can just not be predicted or just don't quite always work out.

That said, the particular matter at hand, the whole Bribery mechanic is definitely tricky, at best, and I'm sure lots of post-game dissection can help figure out any kinks or problems, it was just the whole Faction v Discovery warfare really was a unique aspect, and while it'll happen that players will always find ways to loophole the game rules to always shift it in their favor -- that's honestly a part of the game -- it's about respecting the rules and the word of the GM, IMO. While the GM definitely shouldn't just change rules and do whatever based on whim (And I definitely don't think that's what happened here), sometimes the person running the game does have the best insight into what can be wrong/broken with a game, and it's only natural to try and patch it.

The ultimate point, if not the sole focus, of these games are of course to have fun, and ideally for all participants. Things might not go right, and sometimes that's just how it happens to play out. Again, post-game analysis can help dig through why things unfolded like they have. This is not a condemnation of Faction games, nor any rules or player/GM actions. These games are a constant experiment to have fun and be entertained. We all take time out of our days to come here and enjoy this small section of the Forum. Now let's have fun killing each other!

*Gamman waves a blood-soaked Awakened Blade at the players*

Joe expressed distaste with the idea of just letting everyone be bribed over, so I doubt that he shares any blame.

Thank you seonid.

And on that point, I'm still against the Mega Faction. It's an unfair method of winning, but more importantly, it's boring. seriously, just waiting until everyone is on one team? I'd rather sacrifice my team to discovery (Something I am still willing to do if necessary) than win in a super boring game.

I've been kind of against Mega-Faction from the beginning (see me urging the strikers to kill each other :P), but that Discovery has Slaughter, I'd say that my first priority in furthering the goals of my faction is killing them off. I will be voting for Zephrer and roleblocking him. I expect that the other Bloodsealer in my faction will roleblock one of the others.

Unfortunately, given the rebalance, whilst a mega faction is unnecessary, I do believe it to be entirely necessary that we focus all our efforts on discovery, and not roleblock, lynch, convert anyone from the other factions, until at least we have resolved the slight issue of an unblockable-insta-kill running around. 

I would propose that we lynch Zephrer this cycle - He is currently the only discovery member who remains with access to a faction doc, impeding our ability to plan without being intercepted.

Excellent points, all. There would be no point in roleblocking Zephrer. My mistake. And I suppose Alvron is fine too, for the lynch. I did not realize that Zephrer had two lives yet.

And why was I downvoted? What did I say that was so offensive? Does someone disagree that the best thing for my faction is killing the guy with the unblockable kill? If so, I'd love to hear it...

If Dow isn't in heritage, he must have been bribed to moderation. We think he's there with zas right now.

If Alvron is correct about him being the rememberer, then he is the most powerful asset against discovery right now. We can't protect him, but our Teullu might be able to make it costly for discovery to kill him.

So the Teullu should protect Dow, so that the kill-with-me ability is there to scare off discoverers.

Just to stir the pot a bit, I agree with PK.

To our new partners,

It wouldn't be very sporting (for us) if we were given Regicide without some protection.  Not with all our members exposed.

Your terms are accepted, with the minor change that Discovery chooses the lynch target.

While the others disagree with me I think it's only fair to let you know that just because some of us have taken a hit, that doesn't mean we only have one life left.

Sincerely, Discovery.

Now, of course, I could be lying or I could be telling the truth.  That I'll leave you to decide.  

Unfortunately the liaison doubts they will be online in time so we are forced to contact you this way.  We apologize for this but it's the only way to let you know that we have considered your offer and have accepted.  Discovery shall be voting for the third name on the list provided.

Happy scheming.  :P

Edited by Alvron

I am in Moderation and since everyone knows I might as well come out and say it.  I am the rememberer.  Zas is going to be protecting me tonight which won't save me from being killed, but should be able to take someone down with me.

Great, so which Faction managed to team up with Discovery First? (If you don't know what I'm talking about, Highlight Alvron's last post.)

Just to stir the pot a bit, I agree with PK.

To our new partners,

It wouldn't be very sporting (for us) if we were given Regicide without some protection.  Not with all our members exposed.

Your terms are accepted, with the minor change that Discovery chooses the lynch target.

While the others disagree with me I think it's only fair to let you know that just because some of us have taken a hit, that doesn't mean we only have one life left.

Sincerely, Discovery.

Now, of course, I could be lying or I could be telling the truth.  That I'll leave you to decide.  

Unfortunately the liaison doubts they will be online in time so we are forced to contact you this way.  We apologize for this but it's the only way to let you know that we have considered your offer and have accepted.  Discovery shall be voting for the third name on the list provided.

Happy scheming.  :P

Araris since Discovery can't bribe you and the only way Discovery can win is to kill all of the other factions you should be trying to get Heritage and Moderation to not bribe you out of your faction ;p.  

Not entirely true.  There is a way for both Discovery and the Siblings to win.  All it requires is the all Discovery members as well as both Siblings be in the same faction.  So if the Siblings want to work with us then all they need to do is bribe us into their Doc.

Edited by Alvron

Alvron, Seonid and I have already met our win condition. Actually, there isn't much we can do about ourselves winning, because the only people that can make us lose are against our faction anyways. That being said, if anyone bribes me then I will betray the new faction to everyone in a righteous fury. But you guys can kill everyone and Seonid and I still win, since our win condition doesn't require us to be alive. My first loyalty has to be to Glory, because they United me with my sibling for all eternity, but I don't have anything against helping Discovery take down other groups.

Must be glory, since it's not us. The only problem is that Glory + Discovery > Heritage + Moderation. Of course, we do have 2-3 kills, depending on Zas' ability being used, but whoever is Stricken should use them on Discovery still, since we don't know whether glory is really plotting with them.