Goku vs. Cosmere Characters

Patar

Fine then. Goku does get killed by an Aonic equation, travels to the afterlife... where Kelsier is waiting in ambush and uppercuts him as soon as he arrives.

I bet Kelsier was getting kind of bored by that point, too. He probably hadn't killed for awhile...and...*cough*

But since this is Goku, he'd probably somehow find a way back from the 'deeper' afterlife (a Shard did it?) and fight them again. The guy's a menace. He just can't end. -.-

(What a Marty Stu). xD

I wouldn't say Cell or Boo had healing factors beyond anything in the cosmere, certainly they might have been able to heal from more extreme injuries, cell being able to survive even from nearly total destruction if one cell was still alive (Though I will point out that Goku specifically did not manage to kill cell, Gohan did which is evidence that at least at that point in time Goku couldn't quite take out someone with a strong enough healing factor) but Cosmere characters have certainly shown themselves able to heal themselves remarkably quickly. Technically speaking Compounders like TLR have no upper limit on their healing speed, he could heal his entire body in one trillionth of a second if he compounded enough. 

But they also don't have to invest in planets like that if they don't want to, so it would still need to be voluntary. Plus making a spirit bomb able to absorb the entirety of a Shards investiture would take a rather long time.

Pointing out that Goku wasn't the one that killed Cell is about as relevant to the conversation as TLR not being able to compound before he picked up the power of the WoA certainly true but completely irrelevant to the later power levels.

As for the upper limits of compounded gold healing, doesn't really matter once Goku blasted them completely, because that would also destroy all their metal, rendering them incapable of burning and tapping. Double so for tLR, because his Atium minds would also get destroyed, which would kill him instantly.

They don't have to but could a Shard even do anything without investing itself?

Pointing out that Goku wasn't the one that killed Cell is about as relevant to the conversation as TLR not being able to compound before he picked up the power of the WoA certainly true but completely irrelevant to the later power levels.

As for the upper limits of compounded gold healing, doesn't really matter once Goku blasted them completely, because that would also destroy all their metal, rendering them incapable of burning and tapping. Double so for tLR, because his Atium minds would also get destroyed, which would kill him instantly.

They don't have to but could a Shard even do anything without investing itself?

Just pointing out that technically he didn't manage it, plus the OP was unclear on which point Goku was from. Given that even clothes seem to be remarkably intact after many DBZ energy attacks I'm going to assume that most of their strength lies in projecting force rather than pure disintegration so I don't know that metal reserves and such would be destroyed. But again, if the they heal faster than they're destroyed then the beam wouldn't even reach their metal reserves, it'd start tearing through the first layer of skin then immediately be repulsed.

Wait are you trying to suggest that Goku fight an actual Shard? I thought you meant just using their strength since the fight is in the cosmere. If he went up against an actual Shard who could fight unrestrained that's a pretty instant KO for Goku. They could turn him into cotton candy and feed him to Lift if they felt like it. Or just trap him in Damnation forever.

Just pointing out that technically he didn't manage it, plus the OP was unclear on which point Goku was from. Given that even clothes seem to be remarkably intact after many DBZ energy attacks I'm going to assume that most of their strength lies in projecting force rather than pure disintegration so I don't know that metal reserves and such would be destroyed. But again, if the they heal faster than they're destroyed then the beam wouldn't even reach their metal reserves, it'd start tearing through the first layer of skin then immediately be repulsed.

Wait are you trying to suggest that Goku fight an actual Shard? I thought you meant just using their strength since the fight is in the cosmere. If he went up against an actual Shard who could fight unrestrained that's a pretty instant KO for Goku. They could turn him into cotton candy and feed him to Lift if they felt like it. Or just trap him in Damnation forever.

The Atium bracers are still outside his body, so that doesn't help. It is also questionable how much gold one person could possibly store inside their body or at which point the raw amount of energy transfered would just render the metal inside his body useless, to actually survive much of a barage by Goku.

Not really just throwing ideas around for the fun of it. Partly trying to figure out how a Preservation fuled Vin would play into the fight, for example could the Spirit Bomb draw the mist away from her ect. Not that we could actually find a definite answer for that here.

I'm going to stay out of the Goku v. Cosmere comments here and instead comment on the Goku v. Cell bit. Goku doesn't beat Cell because he knows Gohan can if given the opportunity to study Cells moves. As such, Goku fights Cell, tires him out some, but mostly offers Gohan the chance to see what Cell can do. It's not that Goku necessarily couldn't do it himself, but he knew Gohan definitely could. That was my take, anyways.

But since this is Goku, he'd probably somehow find a way back from the 'deeper' afterlife

This is kinda my point... Goku can, and always will, do something so that no matter how apparent his defeat, "oh there's another layer of death you didn't know about" and then he comes back. There's no way to have a sane "who would win" conversation when one half of the equation simply doesn't obey rules. The question is basically, "Who would win in a sport, someone who has to follow the rules, or someone allowed to cheat however they want?".

tLR, because his Atium minds would also get destroyed, which would kill him instantly.

In point of fact, he lived for quite a while without his bracers. The extreme old age would have killed him before too long, but she ripped his bracers away, fell semi-unconscious, and snapped to when Sazed arrived. We can't know how long that was, but several minutes at least, could easily be a quarter hour or more.

They could turn him into cotton candy and feed him to Lift if they felt like it.

Particularly apt, since most Dragonball character's name is a Japanese word for food...

• Chaos locked this topic