I felt it appropriate to also begin this thread with a pug. And not just any old pug. 

May I present to you…..

Banthapug! :wub: 

Banthapug the mighty! :wub:

Okay, Apo is adorable.  :wub:

Which anime? And does she still have her powers?

Only natural given that we have a pug at our hands.

Mikagura Gakuen Kumikyoku. Not her powers but she does get to shoot laser beams... not really sure why she can do that but I guess clubs can just do that in anime. :mellow:

Anyway, a bit of perspective on the comparision.

fc21a2997d52e134c1922bc1a570c852.pngf8f3b5a62f4e31a5da1640abe961b834.png635312c5b86b16cff4a87ebf25e37f1b.jpgbc83923b495c040a5b1f3d5c3d74ab0a.png

Different people are inspired by different characters. I think she could carry an anime. :P

From what I've seen it's... okay. I don't think I would bother watching it if not for the Shiny Sparkle comparision, which makes it weirdly enthralling. :P

Meanwhile we have Red jumping on her chance to kill someone. I wonder how that will go. :mellow:

-Do they need peoples' consent to work?

-Can they work on thousands of people on the same time?

-Do they include information that Soulcaster herself does not have (Epic weaknesses, for example?)

-Is Soulcaster male or female? {C}{C}

-Do they take place in real-time? And are their real bodies disconnected from the Trance or can they still be connected?

-Does she build them in her mind piece by piece, person by person? Or does it automatically spring into her mind once she has a subject and an idea, laws of physics and all?

-How is the audience usually situated inside of the Trance? Sidelines as a crowd? Invisible overhead?

Sorry, can't multiquote the last thread properly but thought I'd answer anyway.

1-Nope, though possibly with really strong Epics he does need consent. But only like Steelheart level Epics.

2- He needs to touch each person with either his real or astral hand to project that person so yes he can but it takes a while unless the people are all physically connected by holding eachothers hands (That's how he gets spectators into the arena)

3- A matter of some debate right now, technically since he can give others a certain amount of control over the astral plane he could mimic most powers there anyway which means even if a weakness was triggered it would still leave some powers. (Anything other than precognition and telepathy I think, any information-based abilities)

4-Soulcaster is male. :P

5- Time can be manipulated a bit there but not by much maybe 2x at most. Real bodies are completely disconnected,

6-More automatic

7-Depends on the arena, in classic coliseum battles they're usually in the stands.

How about Apo the best alarm clock in the (anime) world?

Talking about anime, I found out that there's essentially an anime with Shiny Sparkle as the protagonist, if Shiny Sparkle was the protagonist in a standard high school anime played for laughts.

Mikagura Gakuen? Cause I thought so a bit too :P only slightly more wide ranged in her flirting.

(I vote that Shiny Sparkle tries to create a 'Surrounding Shiny Sparkle with cute girls' club in the Dalles :P)

Mikagura Gakuen? Cause I thought so a bit too :P only slightly more wide ranged in her flirting.

(I vote that Shiny Sparkle tries to create a 'Surrounding Shiny Sparkle with cute girls' club in the Dalles :P)

Maybe Shiny Sparkle just hasn't meet enough people yet. :ph34r:

(Now the question is how successful that would be. :ph34r: )

I bet it would garner more members than the "Surround Deathwish with Hot Girls" club next door. <_<:P

I predict that all members of that club would leave and go to the Surround Shiny Sparkle with Cute Girls Club, leaving Deathwish to change the name of his club to the Make Deathwish Look Slightly Less Pathetic than Backtrack Club. :ph34r:

Maybe Shiny Sparkle just hasn't meet enough people yet. :ph34r:

(Now the question is how successful that would be. :ph34r: )

She met Scribbler and Edgerunner, other than Redlight they're pretty much the only available female Dalles characters. (Or she could try to bring Impact back to the good side with the power of love :P)

She met Scribbler and Edgerunner, other than Redlight they're pretty much the only available female Dalles characters. (Or she could try to bring Impact back to the good side with the power of love :P)

Aaaand now that Back to the Future song is stuck in my head. Thanks. <_<:P

I predict that all members of that club would leave and go to the Surround Shiny Sparkle with Cute Girls Club, leaving Deathwish to change the name of his club to the Make Deathwish Look Slightly Less Pathetic than Backtrack Club. :ph34r:

What does it say about Deathwish that Backtrack so far has had better luck with women than he has? :P

Aaaand now that Back to the Future song is stuck in my head. Thanks. <_<:P

What does it say about Deathwish that Backtrack so far has had better luck with women than he has? :P

Backtrack: got to spend time with and form something of a real emotional connection with MV.

Deathwish: Got to see Impacts underwear.

Sadly I think I know which one Deathwish would prefer.  :unsure:

The clinic was sadly to crowded for those two to count. Also who said that the Surround Shiny Sparkle with cute girls club couldn't be expanded to guys :ph34r:

That would make for nice paralels, with both sisters getting a significant other that wears sunglasses... not that Shiny Sparkle is the best person to get someone to the right side that is. :P

The clinic was sadly to crowded for those two to count. Also who said that the Surround Shiny Sparkle with cute girls club couldn't be expanded to guys :ph34r:

That would make for nice paralels, with both sisters getting a significant other that wears sunglasses... not that Shiny Sparkle is the best person to get someone to the right side that is. :P

Edgerunner? Because only she's allowed to crush on Dalles guys :P

Yeah, in a lot of ways Shiny Sparkle's more of a sugar-coated and gender-flipped version of Deathwish. They'd do well for each other, both being sleazily shallow people and all. :P

Backtrack: got to spend time with and form something of a real emotional connection with MV.

Deathwish: Got to see Impacts underwear.

Sadly I think I know which one Deathwish would prefer.  :unsure:

Backtrack: Autumn Glass is great! She's the only person in this town who was nice to me!

Deathwish: Autumn Glass? She's pretty hot. She'd look a lot better in shorts and a crop top though. What a prude, amirite?

Backtrack 2, Deathwish 0 in the moral department. <_<:P

Backtrack: Autumn Glass is great! She's the only person in this town who was nice to me!

Deathwish: Autumn Glass? She's pretty hot. She'd look a lot better in shorts and a crop top though. What a prude, amirite?

Backtrack 2, Deathwish 0 in the moral department. <_<:P

Congratulations, Backtrack. You win this round of "Don't Be a Slontze."

Backtrack: Yay! I won something! :-D

Edgerunner? Because only she's allowed to crush on Dalles guys :P

She is? Then waht about Autumn and Jack?

Also, you point that out before the possibilty of Shiny Sparkle glomping Scribbler?

Yeah, in a lot of ways Shiny Sparkle's more of a sugar-coated and gender-flipped version of Deathwish. They'd do well for each other, both being sleazily shallow people and all. :P

Well Shiny Sparkle tries to be a good lover, she just wasn't very good at it in this case. :P

Congratulations, Backtrack. You win this round of "Don't Be a Slontze."

Backtrack: Yay! I won something! :-D

Wait... hold on... OK, guest judge Sam Trattner says you sold out her mother to an insane necromancer and a homicidal queen, so you're disqualified. Nathan Sperry will take your place--we're pretty confident he'll go far in the finals.

Backtrack: :-(

She is? Then waht about Autumn and Jack?

Also, you point that out before the possibilty of Shiny Sparkle glomping Scribbler?

Well Shiny Sparkle tries to be a good lover, she just wasn't very good at it in this case. :P

I am unsure if I want to know the precise definition of 'glomping'  :ph34r:

Wait... hold on... OK, guest judge Sam Trattner says you sold out her mother to an insane necromancer and a homicidal queen, so you're disqualified. Nathan Sperry will take your place--we're pretty confident he'll go far in the finals.

To be fair, it's not difficult to advance when the game's standards are relatively low.

...which makes Backtrack's loss all the more pathetic. :mellow:

Heads up, at least you got farther than Nighthound and have a good chance for the sunglasses competition... wait where are those pink monstrosities?

Backtrack =(

I am unsure if I want to know the precise definition of 'glomping'  :ph34r:

Not that bad, it's essentailly a tackle hug.

Edited by Edgedancer

Aaand, I give you, Skinsaver!

Skinsaver:

Powers:

Damage Transference - Skinsaver can transfer any sort of physical damage or illness from one living thing to another through bodily contact with both.  He can also use this power on himself, either to heal himself or to take on damage from others.  In order to make a transfer, the 'patient' and the 'host' must be biologically similar enough for the damage or illness to take effect.  If a potential 'host' would not normally fall victim to the particular injury, due to physiological differences, then the damage or illness cannot be transferred.  Skinsaver's powers also do not work to transfer damage between members of different species.  To heal a human, he needs another human.  To heal a tree, he needs a tree of the same breed.  He is able to transfer damage to and from epics, but not at a 1:1 ratio.  Any damage taking from an epic doubles in severity, while any damage applied to an epic is halved.  This effect applies to Skinsaver himself as well.  The use of his power would trigger any sort of danger sense, likely preventing him from making physical contact with an epic with the ability.  Generally, Prime Invincibilities that make an epic incapable of receiving harm prevent Skinsaver from transferring any damage to them, but he can transfer to epics who have healing factors or similar abilities.  

'X-Ray Vision' - Though not actually utilizing 'x-rays', Skinsaver does have the ability to see through any object, commonly described as 'X-Ray Vision'.  He can control this power selectively, seeing through some objects but not through others.  

Weakness:

Rejection letters.  The letter must be addressed to him to fully nullify his powers, and it will do so even if it is from a fictional school or work place that he never applied to.  Letters addressed to other people will weaken his powers, and make it more difficult to transfer damage.

MO:  Skinsaver enjoys his work as town doctor, perhaps a little too much.  He usually operates by making himself useful to more powerful epics, such as Rainmaker.  He has a cold and awkward personality, and often tries (but fails) to make his patients feel more comfortable with inappropriate or ill timed jokes.  He treats the people he transfers damage too ('hosts' or 'invalids' as he calls them) as both pets and specimens, alternating between doting on them and using them for his experiments.  Skinsaver had some medical training prior to gaining his powers, and uses it in conjunction with his abilities to heal, as well as to keep his invalids alive as long as possible.  

Appearance:  Skinsaver is in his late fifties, and has well styled silver hair.  He dresses in scrubs, a doctor's coat, and wears reading glasses that hang from a chain around his neck.  He jogs regularly to keep in shape, and eats healthy, but still has developed a slight paunch that he can't quite get rid of.  His eyes are clear blue, and his stern face is lined with wrinkles.  

History:  

The child of two talented surgeons, Skinsaver wanted to be a doctor like his parents all his life.  He devoted himself to his studies, hoping to get into medical school some day.  He put school before friendships, and soon found himself isolated and awkward, incapable of making friends even if he tried.  He got scholarships his first year of University, and did well throughout his undergrad.  When it came time to apply to medical school, Skinsaver applied across the country, and in Canada as well.  

He was admitted to medical school, but a few months into his studies, he suffered a mental break down from the strain.  After he recovered, he tried to return to his studies, but his professors advised against it, saying he lacked the necessary 'bed-side' manner to be a Doctor, and that perhaps he should consider a different career path.  They also noted that his marks had been sub-standard compared to his classmates, and that they feared that his continuing to push himself into a profession he was obviously unsuited for would only serve to aggravate his already fragile mental state.  

Skinsaver tried and failed to get into other schools, usually during the 'interview' phase of recruitment.  Determined to enter the medical profession, Skinsaver grudgingly entered nursing school.  Unlike many medical schools, most nursing programs did not have an interview process, and so Skinsaver was able to apply and get in using his high school and university marks alone.  After he graduated, he worked as a nurse in a hospital for a while, but often ran into trouble in the workplace when he tried to act superior to the other nursing staff.  Eventually, his supervisors suggested that he get out of the hospital system, and so he found himself a job working as an on site nurse as a government facility.  He was working at this facility when Calamity came, and was still on staff when Rainmaker, betrayed by her husband, was imprisoned there.  

Skinsaver's rending hit while he was at home.  In a night, he left most of the people in his apartment building incredibly injured, but alive.  The country was already in chaos, so no one thought it was odd when he arrived for work after missing almost a week.  Skinsaver helped Rainmaker to escape her prison, and has been with her ever since.  By using his powers to provide medical care in Corvallis, Skinsaver finally felt like he was living up to his parents' legacy.  It helped that he hunted them both down and killed them, of course.  That way, he eliminated the risk that even in their old age they might find a way to make themselves even more difficult to live up to.