Steam sales

Voidus

So it's that time of year again where I lose all of my money in the pursuit of awesome steam specials. Picked up PC copies of fallout to get ready for Fallout 4 already.

Anyone found anything particularly good?

I found an empty bank account :(

So far I've bought Fallout 3 GOTY, ARK, Evil Genius, and a couple of offerings from Bundle Stars which got me another 19 games for less than a tenner. Oh, and I allowed my self to be sucked into the card trading, so another £20 ended up going on stupid trading cards.

The other games I want to pick up in the sale, well, there's really only one, and that is Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown.

I picked up the Legend of Korra game since it was really cheap and I wanted to try it out.  Haven't played it a whole lot, but it seems fun so far.

I saw a few others that were tempting (Final Fatnasy VII, Terraria, etc...), but I decided to wait.  I've got plenty of other games to last me until the next sale...

Edited by KookieTB

Dragonfall, because a friend'd been telling me about it for ages, and I finally got to pick it up.

I also gave in to temptation and got AC2. (I used to have it, but then lost it when my console died and I swapped to PC.) ...Technically, it's supposed to be well within my PC specs, but it trolled me by crashing repeatedly before I could even finish the opening sequence :/ Still, Dragonfall is totally worth it! :D

Dragonfall, as in the Shadowrun Returns game? Absolutely brilliant.

Yep! I'm really enjoying it at the moment, though this being my first playthrough, I'm still taking some time to get used to the training wheels. I enjoyed it enough to take advantage of the sale to get Shadowrun Returns as well, so I guess I won't be playing them in order :P (I've heard they're separate games though, so it shouldn't be an issue.)

Yeah, they are separate, so it doesn't make too much difference, although Shadowrun Returns is more of an extended tutorial than a complete game (you get the Dead Man's switch campaign, but it's pretty short). Dragonfall is way longer, but has a lot more going on, so I'd actually recommend you start with Dead Man's Switch. It'll give you an easier learning curve.

The one big advantage Shadowrun Returns has over Dragonfall is that, since it has been out longer, there is more workshop campaigns for it, but Dragonfall is catching up with this as the UGC creators update their campaigns for use with Dragonfall.

The big thing I love about the Shadowrun games is that character creation and leveling is completely freeform. Have karma points, spend them where you want.

Yeah, they are separate, so it doesn't make too much difference, although Shadowrun Returns is more of an extended tutorial than a complete game (you get the Dead Man's switch campaign, but it's pretty short). Dragonfall is way longer, but has a lot more going on, so I'd actually recommend you start with Dead Man's Switch. It'll give you an easier learning curve.

The one big advantage Shadowrun Returns has over Dragonfall is that, since it has been out longer, there is more workshop campaigns for it, but Dragonfall is catching up with this as the UGC creators update their campaigns for use with Dragonfall.

The big thing I love about the Shadowrun games is that character creation and leveling is completely freeform. Have karma points, spend them where you want.

Thanks for the advice :) At this rate, I think I'll do so, then!