Obliteration POWAAAA

RandomRevival

So, at the end of Firefight, we all know what happens. David tells obliteration the Link that epics have to their fears, afterwards, obliteration leaves to who knows where, bla bla bla, Then, Megan faces her fear, then suddenly becomes much more powerful in the final battle with evil prof, to the point of making other realities exist, and not just bringing shadows of them.

Hold on, Lets rewind there, David tells obliteration about fear, he thanks him, and leaves. Presumably to overcome It.

SO

That means, that in Calamity, we will Either have a nice, kind and wise preaching-uncorrupted Obliteration

(Doubtable)

An unchanged gumpy obliteration

(Most likely)

Or....maybe, just maybe, an all powerful EVIL obliteration. Imagine this, an upgraded epic of an already upgraded epic.

(Not good for David)

Thoughts on the theory?

So, at the end of Firefight, we all know what happens. David tells obliteration the Link that epics have to their fears, afterwards, obliteration leaves to who knows where, bla bla bla, Then, Megan faces her fear, then suddenly becomes much more powerful in the final battle with evil prof, to the point of making other realities exist, and not just bringing shadows of them.

Hold on, Lets rewind there, David tells obliteration about fear, he thanks him, and leaves. Presumably to overcome It.

SO

That means, that in Calamity, we will Either have a nice, kind and wise preaching-uncorrupted Obliteration

(Doubtable)

An unchanged gumpy obliteration

(Most likely)

Or....maybe, just maybe, an all powerful EVIL obliteration. Imagine this, an upgraded epic of an already upgraded epic.

(Not good for David)

Thoughts on the theory?

First off, Megan was more powerful than usual because she had just reincarnated. She says earlier that this is a normal thing, but that she's angry, confused, and destructive right after she reincarnates. What was different was that when she resurrected after facing her fear, all of those side effects were missing. 

For Obliteration to become "nice, kind, and wise" does seem unlikely. What seems more likely is that he faces his fear and becomes an antihero. He does have a lot of blood on his hands, but the corruption didn't give him much of a choice. Yes, he could have chosen not to destroy those cities, and not to ally with Regalia, and not to do all of those other things he did, but my impression was that the corruption made all of those awful things he did seem like the most logical thing to do. Sans corruption, I think he's a decent man underneath it all. He recognizes that Epics are evil and that what he feels—all of that anger and destructiveness—isn't good or even normal, but his worldview has made him believe that he is outside God's grace, leaving the total destruction of the world as his only option before God destroys him as well. It's one of the darkest worldviews I've seen in any fictional character, but it hints at a sense of morality still untouched by Calamity. He knows right from wrong, even if he believes himself beneath (not, it's important to note, above) his own moral code. 

I could be wrong, but I think it's actually quite likely we'll see Obliteration as an uncorrupted antihero. 

But even still, David only told him the nightmare-fear-weakness link. Which seems strange that he hadn't figured it out yet. Although, he seemed to think that his nightmares were visions from god or something, so maybe this was just a revelation that other Epics have nightmares that are their fears as well.

David didn't say that facing your fear removed the weakness or the corruption- he didn't even know. Seems like if Obliteration wanted to face his greatest fear which was also his weakness, he would have already.

Although, maybe he didn't know his weakness at all, thus never making the nightmare-weakness connection (that Megan easily did).

Or maybe...his weakness is...gosh, i''ve got nothing. His Bible Dreams are as confusing as everyone's love for ponies.

But i do know he had something to do with his Dreams, for inmediatly after David told him he left. He Even thanked him and let him live and all!

(For epics those two are kind of hard to mix)

• 2 weeks later...

He ran away when his glasses were stolen, so something about that worried him. Maybe he has to read Bible passage(s) on a schedule to maintain his powers?

If he thinks his dreams are visions from the Devil, then reading the Bible could "protect" him from his nightmares?

Edited by LabRat

He ran away when his glasses were stolen, so something about that worried him. Maybe he has to read Bible passage(s) on a schedule to maintain his powers?

If he thinks his dreams are visions from the Devil, then reading the Bible could "protect" him from his nightmares?

Could be. Or, speaking as someone who wears glasses and can't even read a street sign without them, I can say that losing your glasses can be a pretty terrifying experience. Especially since David and Prof would probably manhandle those things and get their stupid fingerprints all over the lenses, so Obliteration wouldn't be able to look at anything without a big old thumbprint over his eye, and it would take him forever to find a decent lens cleaner because society has crumbled and nobody cares about glasses anymore....

I'm not saying his reaction to having his glasses stolen is reasonsble. I'm just saying I understand. :ph34r:

Could be. Or, speaking as someone who wears glasses and can't even read a street sign without them, I can say that losing your glasses can be a pretty terrifying experience. Especially since David and Prof would probably manhandle those things and get their stupid fingerprints all over the lenses, so Obliteration wouldn't be able to look at anything without a big old thumbprint over his eye, and it would take him forever to find a decent lens cleaner because society has crumbled and nobody cares about glasses anymore....

I'm not saying his reaction to having his glasses stolen is reasonsble. I'm just saying I understand. :ph34r:

"Slayer of angles your sinfulness knows no bounds. Thou hast smeared on my lenses and as such thoust shall meet Purgatory in retribution. May the fire clean thy souls of thy foul sins as I shall clean my glasses." B):P

Edited by Edgedancer

Am I the only one who ships TwiLyght with Obliteration? She's the only person that understands him. :wub::P

Am I the only one who ships TwiLyght with Obliteration? She's the only person that understands him. :wub::P

:mellow:

Alas. My crack shipping has finally come full circle, and it is now my turn to be shipped with a character I would never in a million years choose for myself. I shall accept my fate and seek out some good Bible verses to read on our first date. Preferably ones about not killing people who bring you lens cleaner. -_-

Does that mean Twi has been Sam's mother all along? Oh, Twi I'm so sorry to how Lucentia treated you. :P

(Anyway, I also feel his pain, never take away someone's glasses... unless they want to kill everyone and doing so saves your live, I guess but at least treat them properly then. :P )

Edit:

:mellow:

Alas. My crack shipping has finally come full circle, and it is now my turn to be shipped with a character I would never in a million years choose for myself. I shall accept my fate and seek out some good Bible verses to read on our first date. Preferably ones about not killing people who bring you lens cleaner. -_-

The song of songs again? ;)

Edited by Edgedancer

I...I was thinking the Gospels...and maybe a few nice, safe Psalms. Verses you can read to children without having to field a dozen embarrassing questions. :wacko:

So as long as we keep the date topics firmly away from your, er, fawns, it'll go swimmingly.

Right...? :blink:

I...I was thinking the Gospels...and maybe a few nice, safe Psalms. Verses you can read to children without having to field a dozen embarrassing questions. :wacko:

A save date appropriate for children... from the woman that doesn't cover her safehand? How would you do that Twi? :P

I think I'll host our first date over Skype.

Just in case. :mellow:

Good idea. The more space between Obliteration and the twin gazelles that browse among the lilies, the better and oh Calamity what am I doing with my life. Halp. This isn't a conversation I want to be in

Good idea. The more space between Obliteration and the twin gazelles that browse among the lilies, the better and oh Calamity what am I doing with my life. Halp. This isn't a conversation I want to be in

Then how about you go and be a responsible adult, like Vondra... who would tell Shiny Sparkle to stay away from another set of twin gazelles... :ph34r:

BACON! Have you ever had bacon roasted over a campfire? It's delicious. I'll bet Obliteration could roast bacon like that. Must be pretty handy, right? I wonder if he likes bacon.

(No more gazelles no more gazelles no more gazelles no more gazelles...)

And eggs sunny side up. The man is a walking breakfast maker. :P

• Chaos locked this topic