Waterlog

RandomRevival

So....in the book It states that the spyril somehow resembled the powers of an epic named Waterlog, what im interested in knowing is...how did his powers work? Did he have to keep one arm in a fist and the other one in another strict posture as David did, or could he summon water at will? If so...did he get a blast of water from one hand that lifted him up, or did the blast of water come from his feet, because an epic with water shooting out of his feet would CERTAINLY be...well...epic. What do you guys think?

Edited by Random_illuminati

We aren't really told anything about Waterlog, or exactly how his powers worked for him. From what we've seen of motivators, though, they don't work for average people the way they worked for the Epics they mimic; they just approximate something workable. The gauss gun in the first book imitated an energy Epic who shot energy from his hands, whereas the gun was, well, a gun. 

I think Waterlog was able to summon water at will, and most likely utilize it with far more precision and grace than David had with the spyril. 

Im just curios to know how he would have looked while using his ability and the extent of his powers. If he could summon humongous blasts of water, could he use them to murder and destroy? Remember that part in Firefight where Regalía tells David she is curious to know how the Reckoners will react when their old teammate shows up with epic powers and starts murdering them? (I have to admit i let out a squeal of delight at the action of the scene, real manly.) How exactly would David kill them? I mean, sure, he could fly, but he was facing trained assasins who had taken down many other epics and knew how to use guns in very skillful ways, plus, prof had his powers. Or Was prof like"Hey guys, here is the plan. We advance toward obliteration and....oh no! Its David!!! And he can fly!!! Using unpractical water blasts that come from his hands!!! Darn it!!! Well...It was fun while It lasted!" I don't think so!!!!

Indeed, I think David would have needed offensive powers of some kind for that to work, since Regalia seemed certain he would have at least a chance of killing some. Maybe Waterlog could have fired them in such powerful beams that they could cut through flesh and bone? or something

Also, this should go in the Firefight section, not the non-spoiler Reckoners section ;)

Indeed, I think David would have needed offensive powers of some kind for that to work, since Regalia seemed certain he would have at least a chance of killing some. Maybe Waterlog could have fired them in such powerful beams that they could cut through flesh and bone? or something

Also, this should go in the Firefight section, not the non-spoiler Reckoners section ;)

Could easily drown someone.

Probably emerges from his skin. Imagine like sweating, but sweating enough to form a thick and powerful stream of water entirely from your palm.

It was a hot day in New York city, some might say the hottest ever. Everyone had been fearing of what would happen to them, since that new epic, Regalia, the tv Judge, had come to town. They thought many things, but none of them thought anything remotely similar to what they would soon experience.

By 12:00 PM the heat was unbearable, everyone had turned their Air Conditioners on, and were relaxing inside, and yet Waterlog stood

Out in the streets, waiting for Regalia to finish an argument she was having with the owner of a hotel.

"I won't Pay a dime over 30 dollars for a stay in this city!" She said. "Sorry m'am, but we require that water epics pay double the ammounts of a normal citizen. You water controllers always leave the rooms a soggy mess!" The owner snapped back. Waterlog sighed, Regalia was a rich Tv judge, surely she could afford to pay 50 dollars for- "Oh...i know why this is happening! Its because the color of my skin isn't?"

Waterlog sighed again, this wasn't going to finish any time soon. And he was getting hotter by the minute. Regalia should know by now what would happen if he started- Oh no. It had begun.

Water started coming out of his forehead, first little gentle streams, then powerful blasts that resembled waterfalls. Soon his entire clothes were completely soaked. His armpits seemed to be water faucets, expelling gallon after gallon of the crystal clear liquid Waterlog knew all too well.

Regalia stopped fighting and looked at waterlog. She knew what would soon happen. She took a step back.

Waterlog exploded in a water-filled explosion that came from every pore of his skin. He was being propelled in the air in random directions.

After a couple minutes the water in the New York city area was around everyone's knees.

Then everyone's hips.

Then everyone's chests.

Then It surpassed them all together.

Before Waterlog lost all conciousness he managed to grab a random passerby who was struggling swimming.

"Help...me..." He said to the person. "I have a problem..."

• Chaos locked this topic