Curious Anamaximder

The Literature Guild

40 posts in this topic

Hello 17th Shard! Welcome to the Literature Guild! Together as a group of writers, this place is an area to plan, write, and share your ideas and recommend books. Only constructive criticism is allowed. To join, state your name and your title, e.g. Master of Proofreading. All fiction is accepted, Brandon related or not. Everyone can join and I accept really awkward titles, e.g. Lord of the Eleventh Doctor. You can join into subgroups (such as the SF people or the MLP people) to work on other stuff.

Member List:

Venture Mistborn: Editor in Chief, Lord Ruler of Creativity

Slowswift: Lord of bad poetry and eloquence

Quiver: Journeyman Wordsmith

KaladinStormblessed: Lord of half interesting, half stupid ideas.

Adamir: Prince of Slow writers.

Mistrunner: Lady of mumbling insanity

Varyn: Lord of the prose

Phantasmagorically: Lady of bizarre situations and awful dialogue

Random_Iluminati: Hyperactive Heatseeking Pokemon

Come authors, find your destiny (here).

Edited by Venture Mistborn

Um, not sure I'll be able to do much here (because reasons and poor time management), but it sounds super cool.

So... Slowswift, Lord of Bad Poetry and Eloquence.  :)

Meaning I love poetry but am bad at it (which is why I write mostly fantasy) and sometimes I wax weirdly eloquent. This isn't one of those times. :P

Edited by Slowswift

Can I join? I like writing -or talking about writing at least- and analysing works.

Honestly, at the moment, I'm mostly planning. I have three fantasy ideas I need to work on, and a few MLP fanfics I want to write (a few already online on FiMfiction, one in progress and a few as rough mental blueprints).

If my application is acceptable then...

I suppose I'm Quiver, Journeyman Wordsmith.

I'll be Adamir, Bearer Of The Awkwardly Long Title That Rolls Off The Tongue Like Swimming In A River Of Bricks

Or if that doesn't work, I'll be Adamir, Prince of Slow Writers

One question; how exactly does the guild work? Do we just submit what we write in here?

Edited by Adamir

I can be Mistrunner, High Imperial Accountant of Worldbuilding, Grand Duchess of Procrastiation, Supreme Ruler of Writer's Block, Lady of Mumbling Insanity.

Or just that last one.

'Mistrunner, Lady of Mumbling Insanity.' Rolls right off the tongue, doesn't it?

I can be Varyn of the House Varyn, the First of His Name, King of 17th Shard, King of the Forum, the Social Groups and the Clans/Guilds, Lord of the Procrastinators, and Protector of the Fandom.

*Please tell me someone gets that*

Anyway, how about Varyn, Lord of the Prose? ...

(Kinda warming up to that idea now) ;)

hmmmmmerrrggghhh

Phantasmagorically, Lady of bizarre situations and awful dialogue.

So what do we do now? Throw large volumes at the illiterate masses? Hurl sharp words at each other? Compose bad poetry?

I have a feeling Venture Mistborn has forgotten about this thread. Does anyone feel like starting another thread?

We can keep this one. Let's continue on without our (sadly departed) originator and do what it mentions in the original post:

Together as a group of writers, this place is an area to plan, write, and share your ideas and recommend books.

Seeing as it's nearly time for Camp NaNoWriMo, sounds like as good a place as any to discuss that! Anybody up for book discussing? Of course we are, this is the 17th Shard!

I have a feeling Venture Mistborn has forgotten about this thread. Does anyone feel like starting another thread?

Sorry. Have not been very active lately.

Sounds like a good idea. Also, I'm afraid most of your staff have migrated to Camp NaNoWriMo. If you have an account, ask Slowswift to send you an invite. 

I like that idea! A sharder newspaper! Put in some interesting new theories, some Sanderson memes, maybe some welcome messages for new members. It wouldn't have to be big, and it could be just a once a week thing, but we could try it out.

Thinking of names. Cosmere Weekly. The Worldhopper. The Shard of Information. The Weekly Worldhopper.

A dictatorship wherein you are expected by the power of peer pressure to write FIFTY THOUSAND WORDS in one month. I'd suggest scaling your project down a bit, if you are starting a bit late.

Oh, that makes sense. So, about the newspaper, I could be editor in chief, but I would like to write one section: The RP session. That okay?

Don't know what we are doing but count me in!

Newspaper....RP?

Like:

FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED IN SALEM!

Lady Deathskull got her Skull bashed thanks to Hollowman!

Or:

PORTLAND IS GETTING CRAZY!

Read about NightHound's latest Slontzeness!

Actually, what if we make a MAGAZINE???

Edited by Random_illuminati

Okay, sure, i guess.

Can i be in the Guild?