I am voting for myself.  I have no suspicions at moment.  Was a little suspicious of Joe but that turned out to be wrong.  Also I won't be back until after rollover as I have a 16 hour work shift coming up and don't want to end up not being able to retract vote if necessary.

Jain, the CC can target anyone in any carriage (except the Vault) so anyone could've killed Joe not just those that were in the same car.  Or so I think.  Whoever had their vote blocked didn't make the kill at least.

I am in the Passenger car along with:

Gamma

Zas

Seonid

Leift

Phatt

BTW, Meta, your souffle was very tasty.  Thanks.

Joe died in the Buffet car, so the possible CC list is:

• Zas678
• Dowanx
• Araris Valerian
• Alvron
• Metacognition
• Renegade
• OrlokTsubodai

Assuming this is yesterday's list, I had also been in the buffet car.

On another note, allow me to show you the two ways the game can go for me now that I'm under heavy (false) suspicion.

1. If we have an idiotic Coinshot Clan, they will target me and kill me for revealing that my naivite was a sham meant to make them ignore me.
  2. If we have an intelligent Coinshot Clan, they will kill my accusers if I get lynched tonight so as to implicate me.

Now that I have stated Option 1 for the Coinshot Clan to hear, they will most certainly go with Option 2. No, this is not meant as a threat, just a statement, because all logic points to them trying to frame me and I very much like breathing, thankyouverymuch. This would happen regardless of whether I pointed it out; someone would die who accused me. Some of you will no doubt take this as an admission of guilt; I am innocent, but there's only my word for it. If you want to find out, kill me and see my role come up tomorrow. But if I survive a lynching by any small amount, one of my accusers will be murdered to frame me. Are you willing to take that risk?

I don't want my accusers to die, because that would mean fewer passengers and more Coinshot Clan. But forget the naivety I faked earlier (despite the absurd amount here in trying to reason with the Internet). There are four possible responses I could get for this argument.

1. I get lynched to death, and I am revealed as a passenger tomorrow morning. One of my accusers is killed by the Coinshot Clan that night, because no one knows whether a lynch is successful until the next day.
  2. I get lynched, but survive. One of my accusers will probably die, and I will survive, but will be heavily implicated and lynched to death the next day.
  3. A single person votes for me, but I come out unscathed. There are two ways this could go; first, the Coinshot Clan decides how  difficult to believe (I hope) it would be for me to kill my one accuser when, were I a Coinshot, I would be targeting more active non-Coinshot players. Or two, they kill him and I get lynched to death the next day.
  4. You all see reason, an innocent is not shot and thrown onto the train tracks, and an innocent is not murdered by the Coinshot Clan for accusing me.

You are being manipulated by the Coinshot Clan. At the moment, I am their reluctant weapon; a way to kill two innocents, namely myself and an accuser, without drawing any suspicion on themselves. I am an excuse, something they present on a platter after killing one of my accusers. They want anything from the first three to happen; don't give them the excuse. Orlok, Meta, I would recommend you get medical treatment if everyone sees reason, just in case they target you to try to implicate me regardless.

Edited by Adamir

I am in the Buffet Car, and my fellow passengers are:

• • Dowanx
    • Meta
    • Bort
    • Jain
    • Neo
    • Adam
    • Shallan
Apparently, Meta has already been in this Car before. 

Joe died in the Buffet car, so the possible CC list is:

• Zas678
• Dowanx
• Araris Valerian
• Alvron
• Metacognition
• Renegade
• OrlokTsubodai

I'll put a vote on Meta for now. Why did you stay in the same train car, or is it just coincidence?

I urge everyone to reveal who they're travelling with. This is crucial in tracking down who the CC are.

Also, here's a player list:

Zane Tevison (zas678)

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Symmer Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)

Miss Evyn (Lady Eowyn)

Grind (Gamma Fiend)

Senn Conrad-Tekiel (Seonid)

The Pooh with a Name (Araris Valerian) Passenger

Locke (OrlokTsubodai)

Seixa (phattemer)

Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)

Vindication (Shallan)

Everton Slade (Bridge Boy)

Doctor McNinja (Clanky)

Nails (Alvron)

Neo (Neodymium)

Penga (jasonpenguin)

Mennet Farrsolin (Adamir)

Leif Erikeller (leiftinspace)

Silent Man (The Only Joe)  Passenger

Old Wolf (Aanwolf)

Dow (dowanx)

Met-al (Metacognition)

I can confirm the list of people in the buffet car this cycle. Also, can we get some confirmation... Coinshot Clan members can only kill in the same car?

I believe that is because Bort got role blocked that cycle (Caboose train), thus making his vote count for nothing.

Wait, what? Did I? I am so glad I tied my beard into that lasso. Ah, so I did. Thank you Gamma :P And that was after I removed my caboose vote from him too. There was no mention of this in my PM, Renegade. Is that deliberate, or is that because I didn't get any baked goods last cycle? (Check the PMs for that to make more sense).

Adamir. At the risk of sounding like a stuck record (buggy mp3 for you youngsters), there is something that feels a bit off about his defense.

"Don't vote for me, I'm naive. But it's not real naivety, I'm just trying to make myself look innocent." Yet, his votes yesterday were quick, and all over the place, there for anyone to see them contradict his claims.

Today, he offers up two choices. Either he gets lynched, or someone accusing him does to make him look guilty. Yet, there is also a comment about how he has attracted 'heavy suspicion'. So far as I know, I'm the only one who believes he is dodgy. I may be overweight, but I'm pretty sure I'm not enough to be called heavy suspicion on my own :P

Now, I'll fully admit I may well be wrong, but this early in the game, I don't really have any solid suspicions.

Yet, there is also a comment about how he has attracted 'heavy suspicion'. So far as I know, I'm the only one who believes he is dodgy. I may be overweight, but I'm pretty sure I'm not enough to be called heavy suspicion on my own :P

I could have sworn I got the most lynch votes yesterday... Thank god someone threw you off the train :P (no offense intended).

Also, as we discussed last cycle, Coinshots can kill outside their car.

On another note, I wish I could give you a few coins for you to get a medic. Storm the greed of the human heart (and the ruleset).

EDIT: Is there a swear filter on the 17th Shard? Every time I try to write the shortened form of damnation, it gets extended to damnation. I'm forced to rely on a non-Scadrian variant.

Edited by Adamir

Yeah, it's a filter, referencing Braize.

When I said I was the only one who really viewed you with suspicion, I don't recall seeing any other reasoning other than a day one poke vote from anyone else. I think I was the only one who actually gave a reason. (Again, I could be wrong, but I've not gone back and read through the end of the thread properly).

Mennet sighed, gripping the spike beneath his coat. It was impaled in what at first glance looked like a rock with vines reaching around it, but the stone had all the wrong textures for an inanimate object. The patterns were those you could only achieve by chisel, except for one detail; the patterns changed. The hellstone twisted and re-shaped itself in his hand, making its way around the spike. Not ready to give it up yet, then. He wouldn't be getting out that way. A brief flicker of light from the Atium-alloy spike, just before it was completely submerged in the stone.

(Also, if I get lynched, might I request permission to write up my own death?)

Also, can we get some confirmation... Coinshot Clan members can only kill in the same car?

Wait, what? Did I? I am so glad I tied my beard into that lasso. Ah, so I did. Thank you Gamma :P And that was after I removed my caboose vote from him too. There was no mention of this in my PM, Renegade. Is that deliberate, or is that because I didn't get any baked goods last cycle? (Check the PMs for that to make more sense).

No, the Coinshot Clan can kill anyone in any car, other than those in the Vault (unless they themselves are in the Vault as well).  Works the same for Assassination, Medical Kits, and 

Also, Medical Kits cannot be used on yourself.  I don't think it's possible to perform first aid on yourself when you're suffering from fatal wounds. :P

I'll vote for myself.

Phattemer.

The thing is, although Adamir's defense seems a bit strange, I think I did that exact same thing in MR5. Very common reaction to the threat of lynchitude. I'll also repeat Adamir's request to write-up my own death.

So I probably didn't make it that clear but I was able to be active at the end of last station because I couldn't get out of town like I planned. Their was an accident on the only highway that goes in the direction I was supposed to be going so I got stuck. My trip is now delayed a day which means that for the rest of this station and the next I won't be very active but I will post when I can.

The reasoning behind my questioning of Ren about his placement of people in cars was to hopefully be able to use the unequal amount of people in cars as a way of seeing if anyone payed to stay out of the caboose. I would expect the CC with the kill to try and avoid the caboose in that cycle so they don't get role-blocked. However since with the method being used insures an equal player division that method won't really work as good as I had hoped. I don't really have any other ideas but hopefully someone can come up with something based on what I was hoping to do.

Another thought I had was that the occupants of the caboose should be posted at the beginning of every station so that we can not only discuss lynch targets but also who should be role-blocked. I am in the caboose again and here are the occupants this station:

Wilson, Jasonpenguin, Bridge boy, Clanky, Lady Eowyn, orlok, Aanwolf and Burnt spag

I will be putting my vote on Neo for now in case I don't get back on before the rollover. He posted twice last station but didn't have very much content.

Clanky,

Thank you for the callout.  I have not posted much content because, as there has only been 1 day, I am trying to figure out what content should be posted.  After reading through the original rules again, I don't believe that we should be posting who is in which train car.  Here is why:

1- The CC are not limited to killing someone in their car, as was just confirmed by Ren.  If someone dies in 1 car, it does not mean that the CC are in that car.  

2- Let's say that ALL of the CC end up in the same car.  They are limited to knowing who are in that car.  They don't know who of the remaining players are in the vault or the other cars.  We are giving them free targets.  

Also, I am going to go with yesterday's strategy of calling out people whom have not yet had a chance to post.  With that said, Orlok, I'd like to hear from you.

Personally, I don't think it matters either way if we let people know which cars we are in and who we are with, as the various actions you can take are not limited to specific cars (apart from, obviously, the car actions), so could be applied to anyone, regardless of location.

Apologies for not posting yesterday, but I should be active for the rest of thew week. With that out of the way:

Everton Slade kept a close eye on Clanky. He was the first one to speak up and accuse someone. And as Slade had learned over the years, the first one to accuse someone else is often the person trying to be accused. He would be watching him closely, and if no other information came to light, that was his first choice for the coinshot clan member. "The quicker we finish off those confounded bandits," Slade mumbled to himself, "The sooner we can resume our peaceful ride."

Let me know if this is how you vote for someone.

Yes Bridge Boy, that is how you vote for someone.

Edit: Just for clarification, when you buy the medical supplies item, you can use it to prevent one person dying. Do you have to declare you are using it at the start of a cycle, so, before anyone dies, and you lose it if the person survives?

Edited by Bort

The Medical Kit is not an item.  There are no items in this game.  When you purchase it, you must also declare who you are using it on, and that player will have their life extended by one turn (if they were attacked by an Assassin or Coinshot Clan member).  You still pay the 3 coins even if the player wasn't attacked.

True Bort, but they can't know whose in the vault car unless one of them is in it, so they may end up wasting a kill if they target someone in the vault. If everyone posts who is in which car, then they already know who is not in the vault.

True Bort, but they can't know whose in the vault car unless one of them is in it, so they may end up wasting a kill if they target someone in the vault. If everyone posts who is in which car, then they already know who is not in the vault.

That is exactly my point.  But it's up to you guys.  I know we don't have a lot to go on this game, so I might just be reaching..

That's true. I didn't really think about that.

The Medical Kit is not an item.  There are no items in this game.  When you purchase it, you must also declare who you are using it on, and that player will have their life extended by one turn (if they were attacked by an Assassin or Coinshot Clan member).  You still pay the 3 coins even if the player wasn't attacked.

So, you purchase it, use it immediately on someone else, and if they are attacked, they are protected for a cycle?

And if they weren't attacked, then your purchase was wasted?

Edited by Bort

That looks right to me, Bridge Boy. Correct formatting and all that.

For my vote, something seems off about Adamir's pre-emptive defense of himself, but I'm not on the mood to start a bandwagon today. That and I believe that it could just be being new showing through.

I'm going to actually call out peng. What was with your last minute retraction of your vote for meta?

You said it was because you didn't like bandwagoning, but in response, you place it on a player who already had one vote on them, bringing them within one vote of being considered for a lynch.

My vote also goes (tentatively) to Adamir. for now. I agree with Bort that Adamir seems to have overreacted with his defense- it was the first cycle, there was no way anybody could have 'heavy suspicions'. Adamir is active and contributes to discussion, but all of his more detailed contributions seem to be focused on defending himself, instead of discussing who might be CC. However, as Seonid said, it's very possible he's only a passenger who just really wants to stay alive and play more. As of now, he just seems the most suspicious to me.

The possibility also occurs to me that Bort could be CC and he's directing suspicion towards Adamir, an unfortunate passenger whose actions could be construed as suspicious. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bort was the first one to cast a serious vote on someone other than himself. Thoughts?

I second what Neo and Leif said; knowing who's in what car probably benefits the CC more than it benefits us. Although, they could include the members of their car in their message to the CC with the kill.

Does anybody recall what Joe was saying last station? Maybe he got killed because he cast suspicion on a CC member? (Is there a way to read through the last station?)

Also, a question: jw, do passengers or CC members benefit more from having lots of coins? EDIT: I'm thinking passengers, because of the vault car...

Edited by Lady Eowyn

So, you purchase it, use it immediately on someone else, and if they are attacked, they are protected for a cycle?

And if they weren't attacked, then your purchase was wasted?

Yes, mostly.  The player that was attacked has their life extended by 1 cycle, so they aren't exactly "protected".  But yes, everything else is correct.

Assuming this is yesterday's list, I had also been in the buffet car.

On another note, allow me to show you the two ways the game can go for me now that I'm under heavy (false) suspicion.

• If we have an idiotic Coinshot Clan, they will target me and kill me for revealing that my naivite was a sham meant to make them ignore me.
  • If we have an intelligent Coinshot Clan, they will kill my accusers if I get lynched tonight so as to implicate me.
Now that I have stated Option 1 for the Coinshot Clan to hear, they will most certainly go with Option 2. No, this is not meant as a threat, just a statement, because all logic points to them trying to frame me and I very much like breathing, thankyouverymuch. This would happen regardless of whether I pointed it out; someone would die who accused me. Some of you will no doubt take this as an admission of guilt; I am innocent, but there's only my word for it. If you want to find out, kill me and see my role come up tomorrow. But if I survive a lynching by any small amount, one of my accusers will be murdered to frame me. Are you willing to take that risk?

I don't want my accusers to die, because that would mean fewer passengers and more Coinshot Clan. But forget the naivety I faked earlier (despite the absurd amount here in trying to reason with the Internet). There are four possible responses I could get for this argument.

• I get lynched to death, and I am revealed as a passenger tomorrow morning. One of my accusers is killed by the Coinshot Clan that night, because no one knows whether a lynch is successful until the next day.
  • I get lynched, but survive. One of my accusers will probably die, and I will survive, but will be heavily implicated and lynched to death the next day.
  • A single person votes for me, but I come out unscathed. There are two ways this could go; first, the Coinshot Clan decides how difficult to believe (I hope) it would be for me to kill my one accuser when, were I a Coinshot, I would be targeting more active non-Coinshot players. Or two, they kill him and I get lynched to death the next day.
  • You all see reason, an innocent is not shot and thrown onto the train tracks, and an innocent is not murdered by the Coinshot Clan for accusing me.
You are being manipulated by the Coinshot Clan. At the moment, I am their reluctant weapon; a way to kill two innocents, namely myself and an accuser, without drawing any suspicion on themselves. I am an excuse, something they present on a platter after killing one of my accusers. They want anything from the first three to happen; don't give them the excuse. Orlok, Meta, I would recommend you get medical treatment if everyone sees reason, just in case they target you to try to implicate me regardless.
methinks thou dost protest overmuch. :)

The main reason I've spent more time defending myself is because I actually was almost lynched yesterday; I was only saved by the fact that one of the people voting for me was role-blocked. Yeah, my defense was a bit over-vigorous, but who wouldn't put all their effort in to not getting shot by a lunatic (no offense, Renegade, but I'm wondering if I could pay the assassin to visit Gavin)

I'm putting a vote up for Metacognition, due to his plan for this cycle and from the last. And I summarize, due to it being against the general rules to copy-paste PMs:

A mini-lynch wherein suspected Coinshots are removed of all their currency, to reduce possible damage they could inflict without being as lethal as a regular lynch, so as to not kill innocents.

To show why this is a bad plan that benefits the CC, allow me to also summarize Shallan's response. It is several times longer than my summary, and the amount of mathematics used made me feel like someone had pounded spikes through my eyes.

The most likely result is a villager being lynched, for various reasons including the likelihood of a Coinshot in the car, the number of Coinshots, etc, not even taking into account Coinshot misdirection.

In conclusion, while I may appear suspicious, I haven't actually suggested anything that could harm the passengers. Meta has, although I'll admit the calculations were a bit... extensive. Otherwise meaning, I am far too stupid to realize Meta's plan is bad for the passengers on my own.

Edited by Adamir
removing c/ped PMs

I'm going to interrupt this for a General Reminder to all players about the rules.

• You can't use anything from the Game Master to prove you are a villager, like showing the GM's Private Messages to other players, nor show Private Messages from other players.

With that in mind, I shall be editing out the large copy/pasted bits in Adamir's last post. I normally wouldn't do that, but as the two posts are rather large in size, it's necessary. If he chooses to, he can summarize what he'd like.

Thank you!

So here's what I got from the last round. 

So Adamir looks like he's going to be lynched with Araris, a villager, in second place. Suddenly, the only person who voted for Adamir in the Caboose (Bort), gets thrown off the end of the train, and Adamir, through luck, survives. 

My question is- how public was that vote? Was it something done in the shadows, or was there in-car debate that decided on Bort, to possibly prevent a killing? 

I can easily see two or more cultists in the caboose, seeing that Adamir (possibly a fellow cultist?) is about to get lynched, and try and even out the vote the most anonymous way they can- through neutralizing Bort's vote.

Which could mean that IF the vote was done secretly (and possibly otherwise as well), Adamir is potentially a cultist, and two or more CC were on the caboose first cylce.