Sigh. The accusation of being a Coinshot is the hardest to debate out of, by virtue of the fact that a Coinshot is expected to deny being a Coinshot. And so I will address both the arguments against me.

Argument 1 - Orlok.

The argument: He's too naive, he must be faking it. We have a cultist in our midst.

Thank you for reminding me I haven't had the innocence beaten out of me yet - mob lynching, come over here, I have an urgent medical problem. I am too trusting, and therefore I am obviously a cultist. I can only be cured by use of rope and gallows.

Now, allow me to explain my strategy to people outside the buffet car. Step 1, choose two people. Step 2, declare your unending trust for them. Step 3, sit back now that you've reduced your chances of death by 1/3rd. If we assume that there are six people in the car, then by all likelihood one of them is a member of the Coinshot Clan. If that member assumes you to be weak and gullible, they decide that you are a low priority threat, and so they target someone else who actually suspects them. My naivite was self-preservation.

Argument 2 - Zas678.

The argument: He's too active, it must come from the excitement of being an eliminator on his first game.

I quote, emphasis mine:

I was wanting to be very much active last game, which was my first, especially since I was an Eliminator. It's possible that Adamir's experiencing the same thing.

Does no one else see the massive logic flaw there? This is my first forum game of Sanderson Elimination; of course I want to be active. That, and the fact that it was a weekend, meant that I didn't have anything to do but be active. As you said, it isn't just because you were an eliminator that you were so active.

In conclusion, I hope you, the good travelers on the Steelway Express, see the logic and reason behind my words. I am an innocent man.

Also, to try to tie the vote, I am voting for Metacognition and cancelling my other vote, because Met-al already has votes against him. I'm not sure how many votes; if enough for him to get lynched, tell me and I will switch.

You have not greened your previous vote, so your vote for Meta will not count. However, Meta is about to be lynched. You may break the tie if you wish. Remember that this is a Quick Fix, and deaths come a lot faster.

Adamir, most of the votes on people are poke votes for discussion, or pointing out discrepancies in playstyle. No one really ever accuses someone seriously on the first day. It's all largely for discussion.

I'm tempted to equal up the lynch again, but this is a QF, and we do want fast discussion. I'll keep my vote on Alv for now, since he hasn't spoken up.

Well, in that case, I think that I'm going to tie up the vote. Orlok. Araris

All Meta has done so far is roleplay. There's not enough reason for a lynch yet.

This should tie up the vote at 3 each.

Currently I will place my vote on Gamma.  He's only posted once and hasn't voted.  Only reasons not to vote are either he's rich or he has comrades to supply him with coin. :o   I still have to go through the Buffet PM so my vote could change once I've finished.

I must say though, the vote tally will be interesting this round with all the non-coloured votes and retractions.  I am interested to see how Ren rules on those.

And just clarifying, the coinshot kill can affect anyone in any car except the vault car right?

That is correct

I'm fine with players not greening out their original votes, as long as its obvious as to which player they're voting for.  Nevertheless, I'd encourage players to still green out their retracted votes, to make life easier for everyone.

(Also, in case y'all have forgotten, the vote will be randomly decided between the highest-voted if it is a tie, as long the tied players have at least two votes on them.)

Symmer Ghetti, thank you for your contributions!  Also, I haven't seen anything from Bort yet.  And after reading the Cultist docs from LG12, I at least have to poke you a little bit.  B)

Me? What did I do?

Bortholemew the Blind pulled his ticket from his beard and passed it up to a conductor. "Caboose car," he said. "Right at the back." Bortholemew nodded, retrieved his ticket, and headed back, considering the driver's declaration. Coinshot Clan, indeed. Hmpf. They were nothing but the latest in a long line of bullies, extorting what they could out of the common folk. Not if he could help it.

He arrived in the caboose to find the other passengers discussing throwing someone off the back of the train! When his name came up, he quietly tied his beard into a lasso, just in case.

Given the relative speed of the journey, Bortholemew thought it important that this matter be resolved quickly, but when the matter of dropping suspects under the wheels came up, he was hard pressed to come up with a name. About the only name he could think of was that hulk of a brute, Met-al. He had made quite an impression, but if anything, seemed to be annoyed that he was potentially on the wrong side of the violence. Besides, Bortholemew expected the Coinshots to be a bit more subtle than that.

So, when the time came to vote who was going to go under the wheels, Bortholemew considered carefully, and told the harassed, and more than a little disturbed, conductor that his vote for this leg of the journey would be for Mennet Farrsolin. When pressed for a reason, the small face hidden behind large spectacles and lots of white hair (some now tied into a rather fetching lasso) said, "There is something off about his defense. He claims naivety, yet his actions show experience."

Oh. I had forgotten. But if we are counting vote sheet the prior one hasn't been greened out, then Meta's still at 4, even with my vote.

Ren, what about Leif's vote? Is it valid, considering that he asked a moderator to fix the color for him?

Leif Erikeller. bridge boy, nothing personal, you just won't be lynched and I want monies. Wait why am I doing this? Leif has only my vote! bridge boy leif erikeller.

Members of the Passenger Car:

Myself

Little Wilson

jasonpenguin

Lightsworn Panda

Seonid

Neodymium

Eowyn

Shallan

But is that even relevant anymore?

Double confirmed. I've read through the posts a couple times, and I think for now I'll place my vote on Adamir for no other reason than the coin and a hunch. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this leaves Araris and Grind with 2 votes each, Adamir and Met-al with 4, and then several other people with only one.

I have to say, so far I'm not a huge fan of this first cycle lynching business. It's basically just a shot in the dark, isn't it. =P

EDIT: I'm having serious doubts about my vote, but I also have no reason to change it, so I don't know. :|

Edited by Lady Eowyn

OK, vote tally. I'm using a slightly modified Kas format:

Gamma: Meta (1)

Joe: Araris (1)

Araris: Joe, Orlock (2)

Alvron: Jain (1)

Ghetti: Neodymium (1)

Orlok: Seonid (1)

Phattemer: Adamir <1> (0)

Adamir: Phattemer, Adamir <3>, Zas (2)

Aaonwolf: Ghetti <1> (0)

Meta: Aaonwolf, peng, leftinspace? (2/3)

leftinspace: phattemer (1)

Zas: Adamir <2> (0)

dowanx: Ghetti <2>, Adamir <4> (2)

Shallan: dowanx (1)

Separate analysis post coming...

Edit: Can't count...

Edit: Added leif's possible vote.

Alright, now for the analysis post. Adamir has been bouncing votes around multiple people, often without much reasoning. Considering that he's a new player, I'm willing to give him some leeway, but I'm still rather suspicious of him.

What interests me is that Symmer Ghetti had been following Adamir around with his actions earlier in the Cycle, here and here.

Edit: Colour.

Edit 2: Thank you for responding, Alv, but I'd like to have a coin today, so I'll keep my vote on you. No hard feelings.  ;) 

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

OK, I don't really want to punish good role-play, so I'll retract my vote for Metal.

I like Seonid's points.  On the one hand, we have no reason really to pick any particular person, on the other, it is a means for obtaining information. Furthermore, making sure everyone votes should statistically provide more coin to the innocent than to the coinshots, right?

I'll throw a vote on Araris in the name of inactivity.  If someone isn't participating due to outside concerns, it's as likely to happen to a coinshot as a regular person, and if the inactive person is innocent, and the game gets down to the wire, it's still better to have someone still alive who can help lynch discovered coinshots...

I guess that means I'm reversing my former stance on not picking on quiet folk, but being new to the game I hadn't realized some of the benefits for doing so, and it makes sense to me now.

I will happily retract my vote on word from Araris.

Side note: Why does Orlock's post say it was edited by Metalcognition?  Is that a bug, or is there a dual-account thing going on.  I'm assuming that's kosher, just curious...

Edited by Aanwolf

Side note: Why does Orlock's post say it was edited by Metalcognition?  Is that a bug, or is there a dual-account thing going on.  I'm assuming that's kosher, just curious...

He originally didn't redden his vote and asked a mod to do it for him. I think Metacognition is the one who fixed it (edit: color)

Edit: Wait, I was thinking about Leif's. Nm

ONE MORE EDIT: Orlock was also unable to color his text at the time. so. Same answer. XD Sorry

Edited by Lady Eowyn

Not exactly sure where the lynch vote stands right now, but I'll place a vote for Shallan for right now. It appears they've only posted in the thread once, and to only post one word to confirm what somebody else had already said, without adding anything else while still netting themselves at least 1 Coin by posting in the thread and appearing not completely inactive.

While that doesn't mean automatically they're a Coinshot, of course, I still hope it will prompt some sort of response and encourage their participation.

Oh, and I'm in the Caboose, with:

Symmer Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)

Old Wolf (Aanwolf)

Leif Erikeller (leiftinspace)

Doctor McNinja (Clanky)

Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)

Everton Slade (Bridge Boy)

The Caboose seems interesting as a Train Car mechanic, as the Role-block ability would definitely be most useful once we've got a narrowed down list of targets, as we can try and block any suspected Eliminators from making their kill. While this would of course only be a soft-confirm, it's still something to possibly consider!

Also, apologies if I seem less active than usual for this game for the time being, in the middle of a ridiculous stretch of overtime hours workweek(s), and it's starting to get to me. >.>

So I didn't think I would make it on here before the end of the cycle but here I am. I am back because I live in a part of the world where one traffic accident blocks off half the country. 

I don't really have time for much analysis but I will put a vote on Phatt since I want a coin and I don't think there's a vote on him yet. 

Currently I will place my vote on Gamma.  He's only posted once and hasn't voted.  Only reasons not to vote are either he's rich or he has comrades to supply him with coin. :o   I still have to go through the Buffet PM so my vote could change once I've finished.

I must say though, the vote tally will be interesting this round with all the non-coloured votes and retractions.  I am interested to see how Ren rules on those.

There is no gifting of coins in this game(Everyones too greedy) so that argument doesn't really work.

Also GM question, are the number of people in each train car equally divided? If so would this equality be disrupted by people paying to be in different cars?

Also GM question, are the number of people in each train car equally divided? If so would this equality be disrupted by people paying to be in different cars?

The number of people per train car are as equally divided as possible (except the Vault Car).  This usually will not be disrupted unless a large portion of players choose to move to the same car.  (If, say, there are 12 players left, and 6 of them choose to go to the Caboose, then there'd still be 6 players going to the Caboose, even though the average would normally be 4 players.)

Edit: Also, 12 minutes left.

Edited by Renegade

I'm sorry if this is redundant but I see three options for dividing players and am wondering which one you use:

1) Place all the people who payed to choose a car first then randomly assign to make it even. This is what I think you are saying in the above post.

2) Assign everybody randomly and then move people around and don't worry about keeping it even.

3) Place all players who payed to choose a car and then divide everybody else evenly among the cars not worrying about the inequalities caused by paying players.

I suppose 2 and 3 are interchangeable for my purposes but I was wondering if I was correct saying you are using method 1?

Station 2: A Short Ride

After arriving at the next station, Gavin ordered everyone off of the train, and onto the boarding platform.

“I’ve expected results from you,” Gavin said, pacing before the twenty-two men and women on the platform.  “What do you have for me?”

What resulted afterwards was a verbal brawl of accusations, counter-arguments, and well-timed insults.  In Met-al’s instance, in almost resulted in a physical argument against Grind, the poor worker nearly backing off of the platform to get away from the big man.

“I seek Vindication!” Grind yelled, not realizing his pun.  Several of the others on the platform rolled their eyes, before going back to accuse each other.

“I heard you lurking about in the buffet car earlier!”

“Yeah, well you made me tip you extra for those muffins!  And who even calls that a muffin?”

“Your breath stinks!”

“I bet you haven’t bathed in days!”

Gavin put his head in his hands and sighed.  These were the people that would be his ticket to freedom?  “Alright, stop, STOP!” Gavin yelled, causing the entire platform to freeze.  Gavin looked over everyone on the platform, one by one.  “When I stop talking,” Gavin said, his voice so cold it could freeze water, “I want you to calmly, orderly, tell me whom you suspect.  This doesn’t need to be difficult, alright?  Now, who is it that has sabotaged my train?”

The formerly-riotous crowd stood frozen, unsure of what to do.  What if they made a mistake?  What would happen to them?  Then, slowly, casually, the Silent Man extended a finger.  Everyone turned to where he was pointing, and found the Pooh without a Name standing there, his eyes wide.

“Him?” Gavin asked, looking between the quiet man and the nameless one.

All eyes on him, the Silent Man nodded slowly.

Gavin sucked in a breath.  “Very well, bring him forward.”

“WHAT!?” shrieked the Pooh, trying to wrestle out of the grip of Met-al, who had picked him up by his shirt from behind.  The Pooh hung in the air, thrashing, kicking, and trying in every way to get down from the giant man who was choking him.

“It’d be better if you didn’t thrash,” Gavin said, loading his pistol.  “It hurts less, I’d imagine.”

“It’s not… me… you’re… looking for!” the Pooh yelped between gasps.  Then, suddenly, the man fell limp, unconscious.  Met-al let the man go, and he crashed down onto the platform.

“Wait!” a voice yelled from the distance.  “Stop!  What are you doing?  It’s not him!”

Unfortunately, either Gavin didn’t hear it, or he chose not to hear it, because he shot the unconscious Pooh in the gut.

“No!” the voice continued yelling from afar, but Gavin paid it no heed.  “Fools!  He was innocent!  You should’ve killed Mennet!  I think that he is the one you’re after!”

“Time to go,” Gavin said, suspiciously eyeing the passengers.  “Get in.”

As the passengers passed by their conductor, Gavin grabbed the Silent Man by his shirt and forced him to the ground.  “You lied,” Gavin growled, not even attempting to keep his anger out of his breath.  The Silent Man gulped, his eyes pleading at Gavin.  “That either means you’re with the Clan, trying to mislead me, or you made a mistake.  Unfortunately, I don’t make mistakes.  You’d be best to keep that in mind.”

With that, Gavin let go of the man’s shirt and boarded the train, after everyone else.  The Silent Man pushed himself onto his feet, only to suddenly crumple to the ground.  Gavin turned to the man, a large, bloody wound covering his forehead.  So, Gavin thought, the Coinshot Clan are willing to kill to get what they want.  This makes the situation more dire than anticipated.

Gavin ordered the engineers to leave the station in a hurry, leaving the fallen bodies of the Pooh and the Silent Man on the boarding platform.

Vote Tally
The Pooh without a Name (3): Senn Conrad-Tekiel, Silent Man, Old Wolf
Mennet Farrsolin (3): Zane Tevison, Miss Evyn, Locke, Bortholemew the Blind
Leif Erikeller (2): Seixa, Penga
Grind (2): Nails, Met-al
Vindication (2): Grind, Dow
Met-al (2): Mennet Farrsolin, Leif Erikeller
Nails (1): Jain
Dow (1): Symmer Ghetti
Seixa (1): Doctor McNinja
Bortolemew the Blind (1): Neo

The Pooh without a Name was lynched!  He was a
Passenger!
The Silent Man was killed!  He was also a
Passenger!

There will be no Assassination this cycle.  Station 2 begins, and will end in about 23 hours.  Your updated coin count and stuff will be updated shortly.  Good luck!

Edited by Alvron

So I probably didn't make it that clear but I was able to be active at the end of last station because I couldn't get out of town like I planned. Their was an accident on the only highway that goes in the direction I was supposed to be going so I got stuck. My trip is now delayed a day which means that for the rest of this station and the next I won't be very active but I will post when I can.

The reasoning behind my questioning of Ren about his placement of people in cars was to hopefully be able to use the unequal amount of people in cars as a way of seeing if anyone payed to stay out of the caboose. I would expect the CC with the kill to try and avoid the caboose in that cycle so they don't get role-blocked. However since with the method being used insures an equal player division that method won't really work as good as I had hoped. I don't really have any other ideas but hopefully someone can come up with something based on what I was hoping to do.

Another thought I had was that the occupants of the caboose should be posted at the beginning of every station so that we can not only discuss lynch targets but also who should be role-blocked. I am in the caboose again and here are the occupants this station:

Wilson, Jasonpenguin, Bridge boy, Clanky, Lady Eowyn, orlok, Aanwolf and Burnt spag

I will be putting my vote on Neo for now in case I don't get back on before the rollover. He posted twice last station but didn't have very much content.

I am in the Buffet Car, and my fellow passengers are:

• • Dowanx
    • Meta
    • Bort
    • Jain
    • Neo
    • Adam
    • Shallan
Apparently, Meta has already been in this Car before. 

Joe died in the Buffet car, so the possible CC list is:

• Zas678
• Dowanx
• Araris Valerian
• Alvron
• Metacognition
• Renegade
• OrlokTsubodai

I'll put a vote on Meta for now. Why did you stay in the same train car, or is it just coincidence?

I urge everyone to reveal who they're travelling with. This is crucial in tracking down who the CC are.

Also, here's a player list:

Zane Tevison (zas678)

Jain (Lightsworn Panda)

Symmer Ghetti (Burnt Spaghetti)

Miss Evyn (Lady Eowyn)

Grind (Gamma Fiend)

Senn Conrad-Tekiel (Seonid)

The Pooh with a Name (Araris Valerian) Passenger

Locke (OrlokTsubodai)

Seixa (phattemer)

Bortholemew the Blind (Bort)

Vindication (Shallan)