I guess I will put a vote on Joe, until I hear from him. Also, Phatt, a statement like that could be accompanied by a vote if you really want somebody to die this cycle.

. . . Huh.

I'm in the same car as Araris, and I have been very active in that car, and have accused Araris of inactivity in that car. You have heard from me araris.

Jain looked out the window of his car sadly, watching the landscape go past. All too quickly the novelty of watching passing scenery had worn off, and the landscape had become incredibly monotonous and repetitive. They must have been going around in circles, because he was certain that they had already passed that bush before multiple times. 

There was a loud argument spreading along the length of the train. Apparently, someone had attempted to kill someone, and now everyone was accusing each other of being a member of some "Coinshot Clan". Jain wondered why Nails was so quiet.

Jain took out another length of bamboo from the massive sack of bamboo that he had somehow managed to sneak onto the train and started chewing on it. He pointedly ignored the intense, soulless stare that he was getting from the toy panda seated opposite to him.

Hmmm...right now lynching would be a shot in the dark. We have no information to base it off of, and there isn't even a Night action to start us off.

But on the other hand, the only way to get information at this point is to get people talking, and if lynching them isn't really on the table, then there's no incentive to do so. So count me in on the discussion with intent to lynch for now, with the understanding that that could change by the end of the cycle if I feel that no good candidates are up.

I'll call out Orlok, to start with. Hasn't been active yet (but the game's young still), and I'd like to hear from him.

As a general note, inactivity in a game like this may well be a capital crime. I intend to treat it as such, and I fully expect reciprocity if I go inactive. (I do make an exception to those who have already announced pending periods of inactivity, especially if they did so before role PM's went out.)

Mennet gripped the hilts of his guns from beneath his coat, glancing around the cabin. Anyone here could be part of the Coinshot Clan...

'What,' he whispered to the man in front of him, 'is your name?' There was something dreadfully familiar about his features...

'Seixa,' he sighed.

'House name?'

'Erikell.'

Mennet reached inside his coat with both arms, and swung out two Sterrions. The weapons were empty - no bullets were allowed on the train, and Lurchers would search you for any you hid outside the gun - but this Lord Erikell didn't need to know that.

'WHAT! Rust and ruin, we have a coi-'

'Shut. Up.' Mennet pushed the gun up to Erikell's forehead. 'The slightest of pressures, and I splatter your brains over the seats. Coinshot.'

'Why... Why do you think I'm a Coinshot?' he choked out.

'Because I knew an Erikell once. Pretentious little cremling, thought he could be a lawman out in the Roughs. Follow in the steps of 'em famous... forget it. All you need to know is that Aredwyl Erikeller was a thief and a murderer who pretended to be a lawman. He would wander the Roughs, then go to the richest looking pile of planks we out there call a house, knock on the door, and shoot the first cremling he sees. And then, 'e would say the guy was a serial killer, and everyone wuld bel'eeve 'im.'

Mennet kept up the accent. It was rural, he knew, even when compared to the Roughs. It made him sound like a stupid peasant; but it also made him sound like a threat you can't reason with. It put more strain on a victim; Lord Erikeller was sweating now. None of the other passengers moved to help him, not since they heard the accusation of 'coinshot'. Mennet once again cursed the loss of his bullets; but at least that stopped him from becoming a hypocrite. Mennet re-purposed a few words the man wouldn't know; it was the tone that mattered, not the vocabulary.

'Now, little Aredwyl loikd to think o' 'imself as a proper city lord... Nefermindthat, back ta the point. Aredwyl was Twinborn; he was a Coinshot, and he 'ad one o' those...' Mennet forcably drew it out, all the better to make himself seem less logical. Streams of sweat made their way down Erikell's brow. 'Metalminds. Eh, that was it. Goldmind. And 'e was a scheming little pile o' spikes. Wot makes you innucent?'

Out of character: I would like to hear from Phattemer, for the unrelated crime of out-scheming Sadeas in another game. Yes, I have proof you spilled the plan to Wain.

EDIT: Withdrawing my lynch vote

Edited by Adamir

Calm down, Farrsolin. Just because I was a bit of a schemer doesn't mean I was randomly selected now. Mennet

Side note: No, you don't have proof because for there to be proof of something the thing would have to be true.

Edited by phattemer

Which was why I said 'unrelated crime'. But I need to accuse someone to get my coin for the day, so I might as well accuse someone who I have proof an Ashmount-sized pile of evidence against on a completely different game.

Symmer Ghetti closed the book she was reading with a soft thud as she finally decided to acknowledge the commotion. After all, she absolutely had to finish reading the last two pages of the chapter. She sighed as accusations began to be thrown around and she drew out her sketch book. After all, if something interesting was going to happen on the train, she may as well draw it. 

I'll start by calling out Aanwolf who as of yet also hasn't said anything.

Old Wolf sighs at the suggestion that he might be part of this.  "Sure, pick on the quiet ones," he mumbles to himself.  "If you must lynch someone, would it not make more sense to consider the one threatening to punch people?  Though I suppose it isn't the wisest thing to potentially anger Met-al, he's the one making me nervous..."

Edited by Aanwolf

Wat?!? Sum one thinks Met-al is su-... susp-........ suspiseeous? They think Met-al be bad? Met-al want to punch punee man! 

....But Met-al refrain. Met-al steel want to heer from Grind.

Tho Met-al do wonder if punee man mite be trying to cover for Grind. Not manee peeple that wud speek up for the silent peeple without reeson. 

Edited by Metacognition

Mennet pulled both triggers.

Click. Click.

Those two clicks might as well have been lightning strikes for the effect they had on Lord Erikell. For a moment, Mennet wondered if the man had suffered a heart attack; but then he started breathing again, at a rate the human lung was not supposed to handle. Sighing, Mennet slipped the Sterions back into his coat.

'I'm still watching you, but for now, I don't have a whole lot of evidence. Next time we meet, I'll have bullets.'

Edited by Adamir

Seonid, I have been thus far inactive due to timezones, and Father's Day. 

I have a few beginnings of suspicions from my carriage, but not sufficient to warrant voting - yet. 

Also, I said this in the pm, but I think it ought to be said again here. In my opinion there should be no crossover with HttFE - whether in actions or suspicions. Confusing the two undermines the fairness of this game - in which we ought to judge players based on their actions here, not suspicious behaviour elsewhere.

I agree - I'm still suspecting Phattemer, though, because I have no one else to suspect. Its like showing me a lineup of people I've never met and asking me to determine which of them has recently committed a crime/is planning to commit a crime. I can't tell, so I need to use existing biases to determine my decision.

I was actually referring to Symmer's nomination of myself, Mr. Metal.  I certainly hope speaking up for myself isn't suspicious, though based on the conversation so far, I'm honestly not sure what some of you wouldn't think was suspicious.

If you'd like to interpret my comment as coming to the defense of quieter folk everywhere, or of Grind in particular, please feel free to do so. I've seen the quiet ones picked on far too often for my taste.  I'm not foolish enough to believe that quiet people are always innocent, and I haven't yet ruled out anyone as a suspect, but you'll have to forgive me if I'm not comfortable with suggestions of punching everyone indiscriminately in the hopes that someone will decide to confess.

Sigh.... even were such a method of interrogation without obvious flaws, it didn't escape my notice that your plan involved everyone being punched except for you. I suppose one could argue that obvious motive behind your suggestion, i.e. somehow being excited by senseless violence, is not one that would be flaunted by a criminal hoping to remain hidden.  However, it is only logical to assume that one trying to remain hidden would be capable of pretending ignorance.

Though in your case, Mr. Metal, I'll admit that seems to be the less likely alternative...

Give me a good reason to suspect someone else, and I'll happily change my vote.  But until then, since I have no desire to die today, the most rational course of action is to oppose those insisting on lynching random passengers of this train.  I may risk drawing undue attention to myself in the process, but I refuse to support obvious mob mentality as a matter of principle.

In the absence of evidence, random lynchings are more likely to harm the innocent than the guilty.  Now, if anyone has a suggestion for properly investigating the situation, so that we can make an informed decision, I'd love to hear it...

Grind heard the hiss and clanking sound as the doors were locked shut, sealing him and a train full of apparent psycho-paths in together. Indefinitely.

He closed his eyes and issued a small prayer to Harmony above, pulling his tiny, metal earring out of his pocket. He didn't put it on, he just held it in his closed fist, trying to gather the courage to get through this.

Looks like I'm going to be running a little bit late for dinner, he thought  wryly, placing the earring back in his pocket, I just can't wait to make it home to Tiff and Gem once this is all over... The thought trailed off as he took another look around the train and noticed all the hostile, paranoid stares, especially a few even being tossed his way! He gulped. Rust and Ruin, if I even get the chance to make it home from this!

Grind mustered up his courage and walked over to the hulking behemoth of a man who was glaring right at him and cracking his knuckles.
I'm not sure if he's saying my name because he's trying to get my attention, or maybe he just finds the repetition soothing.

"I'm sorry, um, sir?" Grind asked as he walked up to the man, feeling puny in the shadow of the towering beast. "Would you mind sidling over just a little bit to make room for another weary soul?" He tried offering his most placating smile, seeing if that would help any. "I sure wouldn't mind being able to take a seat and stretch my legs after such a long day of hard work." He gestured down to his soiled and rugged work pants, faded and stained dirty after working for the railroads for so long.

The man just continued to glower at him, and repeated his name and cracked his knuckles in a menacing manner.

"...Err, good talk..." Grind said, backing away, "I'll just go find someplace else to sit. Perhaps near the back of the car, in the _____"

And what an excellent segue to OOC Blue! :P

So first questions first, are we allowed to post in thread what Train Cars we are in?

Also, turns out my RP actually coincides with real life! Yes, I was checking the thread when the game first started, but that was me checking in on my phone at work! (Shhh!)

But as far as getting some actual lynch votes placed, I still need to look over the thread a bit more, and actually get into my Train Car PM, but I'll place a vote then when I do. As this is a Quick-Fix game, we need to make sure we actually have threatening lynches, and can't really waste too much idle time on poke-votes or calling people out -- we need to actually apply pressure! 

One thing to note real quick, we definitely shouldn't be using any reasoning or 'evidence' from other games or parts of the forum this our suspicions! Yeah, looking at players' past playstyles to try and determine their 'norm' is one thing, but just because somebody was/is a certain role or character in another game -- they are obviously completely disconnected -- and that shouldn't take any part in discussions for this game.

Wait, you don't get your coin without voting?

If I'm not allowed to lynch myself, I'll vote for Zas678 unless he comes online and asks me not to.

You are technically allowed to vote for yourself, if you really feel like it.  However, you cannot have multiple votes cast at the end of the cycle, or else none of them will go through, and you will not receive the coin for it.

Edited by Renegade

I had said I'd vote for Zas if I couldn't vote for myself - for now, I'm voting for myself, because if I can't use pre-existing redundant biases, what can I use? That, and I will get killed by the Coinshot Clan tonight, almost certainly.