Counter-Chromesthesia

Turos

Chromesthesia

Another common form of synesthesia is the association of sounds with colors. For some, everyday sounds such as doors opening, cars honking, or people talking can trigger seeing colors. For others, colors are triggered when musical notes and/or keys are being played. People with synesthesia related to music may also have perfect pitch because their ability to see/hear colors aids them in identifying notes or keys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

Ever heard of synesthesia? Parts of the brain dealing with different senses become more interactive, causing one sense to trigger another sense in concert, or one sense to trigger another concept.

It's interesting how people with enough Breaths can acheive perfect pitch. There's also the color code script. Another form of synesthesia involves associating colors with letters, whether as a concept of feeling like the letter fits well with the idea of a certain color (associative synesthesia) or as a sensing experience by actually seeing each letter colored by their matching colors (projecting synesthesia).

Does possessing a wealth of Breaths reconfigure the brain, which causes these side effects of a sort of reverse chromesthesia? Is the reordering of the brain, or perhaps cognitive aspect, of a person what allows them to do anything as an Awakener?

I think the similarities are at least interesting.

Edited by Turos

• 2 weeks later...

For me, Breath is a tricky one. Given how i see it as the innate life investiture of Nalthians, the gathering of it makes you...more alive i guess, in the sense that it enhances you, or better yet, endows you with a greater perception/sense of life, maximising your visual/audio perceptions to their utmost max. As to why/how, I'm not quite sure but  I agree it may have something to do with cognitive aspect somehow. I'd be curious to see if any other benefits may apply to the other senses as well

• Chaos locked this topic