Ask Kaymyth Anything

Kaymyth

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

*cracks neck* HI. :P

Hi!

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

I just read through all of the thread (fight me, you're interesting and a good writer) and from what I remember of the Kane Chronicles, Anubis/Anpu was actually portrayed as being a good person? Don't remember details, but I know he ended up nice. Hopefully in a way he's okay with. (Set was definitely a villain for some of the series, though.)

You're gonna make me blush. :P

And that's pretty nice. I bet Anpu appreciates that. And Set seems to think it's hilarious the literary villainy he gets cast in, so I'm sure he's fine there, too.

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

Your epic death scene that I'm sure you remember writing after six years also made me think of a question: Will you forgive me for not having read Swift as Steel even though you sent it to me mooooonths ago? I always mean to and then I go off and read something else. Whoops.

Where are you at in terms of progress there? I've seen you talking about Eva in #writing but I don't know if you're editing now, or working on a sequel, or what. 

Ha! I think I forgot you were among the people I sent it to. xD I'm almost finished with the de-fanfictioning draft, so if you ever want to see what my book looked like when it was still in the Mistborn world, the window is closing. (Assuming I didn't break all of the links when I moved the draft files into a new folder on Google Drive - I never know what that's going to do.)

I'm currently in the midst of rewriting the climax of the book, which is hard because changing the world and the magic system essentially borked all of my action scenes. The more action-y a sequence, the more intensely the scene has to be retooled. And the ending is even more different, because there are a few key plot points that I fiddled with; all in all, the story itself is much stronger now that I'm no longer twisting my narrative into pretzels to avoid contradicting Mistborn canon.

I have this plotted out as a series of 7 books, and I have at least a general set of events in mind for each book. It gon be gud.

But this week and next, I need to focus in on that Other Project I've been working on (you know the one).

What's your favorite candy?

Chocolate. Yum, chocolate.

Do you prefer sociology or psychology?

Well, if you're gonna make me choose, I guess I'll have to say psychology. Mostly because my brain is a strange mix of weird genetic oddities and borked-up neurochemistry. I've struggled with ADHD and OCD for my entire life, and learning more about how all of that works has given me a massive sense of empowerment over it all. It's really helped.

If a horde of monsters came through your window, what kind of monster would you want them to be? 

Gimmee some angry ghosts. I can take 'em. I'll drop-kick the little jerks into the next multidimensional ZIP code.

On 12/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, Kaymyth said:

Ha! I think I forgot you were among the people I sent it to. xD I'm almost finished with the de-fanfictioning draft, so if you ever want to see what my book looked like when it was still in the Mistborn world, the window is closing. (Assuming I didn't break all of the links when I moved the draft files into a new folder on Google Drive - I never know what that's going to do.)

I'm currently in the midst of rewriting the climax of the book, which is hard because changing the world and the magic system essentially borked all of my action scenes. The more action-y a sequence, the more intensely the scene has to be retooled. And the ending is even more different, because there are a few key plot points that I fiddled with; all in all, the story itself is much stronger now that I'm no longer twisting my narrative into pretzels to avoid contradicting Mistborn canon.

I have this plotted out as a series of 7 books, and I have at least a general set of events in mind for each book. It gon be gud.

But this week and next, I need to focus in on that Other Project I've been working on (you know the one). 

Good luck! That does sound massively annoying and yet freeing at once. 

Is it the thing that you're doing for the thing? Ah wait no I know what you mean, it's The Thing. This made sense in my head. Anyway, good luck with that too, you've got this. 

On 12/30/2021 at 2:04 PM, Kaymyth said:

You're gonna make me blush. :P

You deserve the compliments, because you're incredible. Also hilarious.