Ask Chaos Anything!

Chaos

I really enjoyed the Religions topic, but I'm derailing it with my zany brand of nonspirituality. Also math. There was a lot of that.

So, here you can ask me anything you want! You can continue that discussion in the religion thread, and maybe probe deeper into my atheistic tendencies. (Topic starter: I'd prefer if there wasn't an afterlife! Am I crazy? You decide! :P )

Ask about philosophy! Ask about math! Ask about quantum physics! Ask about Brandon's works! You could ask me about theory stuff, but that might be as bad as me blabbing about math!

Ask about site stuff. Ask me sarcastic questions because you thought they were funny!

Ask me anything!

If you're the Lord Ruler of the Forums, do you ever worry about an upstart thief crew plotting to overthrow your empire?

Not really. I am very good at backslapping pesky rebels and I make sure to use all the tools at my disposal, unlike the actual Lord Ruler, who was extremely negligent in this regard. Just kill Vin, man! Stop toying!

Rest assured, uprisings will be dealt with swiftly, and with a pewter-Compounded slap to break the rebels necks.

Not so much a question so much as a comment - I don't believe there's any 'hell' or that people go to heaven even. So there's that.

Here's a question though: Can you do my Complex Analysis exam for me in two weeks?

EDIT: Oh, and a question I've actually been meaning to ask.

There have been whispers of an impending doomSite Update. Does that have an ETA beyond 'when it's done'? 

Will that affect MBI, or is that a completely different beast?

Edited by Haelbarde

What is the meaning of life?

What is the ultimate question of the Cosmere that was never asked?

If you are Chaos and yet bring order to the forums, how have you not imploded under the paradox effect?

If you were an Epic what would your name be and what power(s) would you have?

When will you join a SE game?  Or are you too afraid of putting your life in our hands? :P

Not so much a question so much as a comment - I don't believe there's any 'hell' or that people go to heaven even. So there's that.

Here's a question though: Can you do my Complex Analysis exam for me in two weeks?

EDIT: Oh, and a question I've actually been meaning to ask.

There have been whispers of an impending doomSite Update. Does that have an ETA beyond 'when it's done'? 

Will that affect MBI, or is that a completely different beast?

ETA would be June-July. MBI is separate so it won't be affected right now. MBI is difficult because the character mod is so essential that we have to make sure it absolutely works before we can do that. That's why the crazy errors are still there...

Unfortunately, can't take the complex exam for you. I'm a bit rusty on that. I didn't take the graduate level of it.

Will you ever respond to my PM?

I said it'd be done by the weekend and I stand by that :P (Possibly by the end of the weekend)

What is the meaning of life?

What is the ultimate question of the Cosmere that was never asked?

If you are Chaos and yet bring order to the forums, how have you not imploded under the paradox effect?

If you were an Epic what would your name be and what power(s) would you have?

When will you join a SE game?  Or are you too afraid of putting your life in our hands? :P

1. I think the most clever answer I heard to this question involved a biologist, and he said that the meaning of life was to increase entropy into the universe. He had a chart that implied that without life, you could only get so much entropy. Life required a temporary drop in entropy, but once it going, it caused much more entropy. I found the explanation cute, so I'll go with that.

2. If I knew that, then I would have asked it.

3. Supreme willpower.

4. Now that's a fantastic question! The power would be an extremely high level of telepathy, as powerful as I could get it. I want to be able to have a godlike level of telepathy. Imagine being able to read everyone's mind at once? You could have the sum of humanity's current knowledge at your fingertips! That's the power, hands down. I have books I plan to write on someone with this insane level of telepathy.

I'll have to think about the proper Epic name for that.

5. I barely have time for MBI, so I can't really take the time for a long, time-intensive game like that. Sorry! If I'm RPing, it will be MBI, and I am so incredibly behind it is insane...

4. Now that's a fantastic question! The power would be an extremely high level of telepathy, as powerful as I could get it. I want to be able to have a godlike level of telepathy. Imagine being able to read everyone's mind at once? You could have the sum of humanity's current knowledge at your fingertips! That's the power, hands down. I have books I plan to write on someone with this insane level of telepathy.

Suggestions: Mastermind, Big Brother. Would you have a secondary power, or a prime invincibility. That could flavour things. It'd raise some interesting questions regarding weaknesses...

Questions:

- I have a memory of seeing a spoiler box which had text describing what the spoiler contained. But when I went looking for it, I couldn't find the post, and my attempts at replicating it have so far failed. Is this a feature that actually exists?

- Where/when/how did you learn your webadminy/server skills?

Edited by Haelbarde

Suggestions: Mastermind, Big Brother. Would you have a secondary power, or a prime invincibility. That could flavour things. It'd raise some interesting questions regarding weaknesses...

Questions:

- I have a memory of seeing a spoiler box which had text described what the spoiler contained. But when I went looking for it it, I couldn't find the post, and my attempts at replicating it have so far failed. Is this a feature that actually exists?

- Where/when/how did you learn your webadminy/server skills?

Mastermind isn't quite right... I'll find the right word. And then probably steal it for a book.

Use

[spoiler][/spoiler]
! In the new site version this will be on the toolbar and I'll have much more control over what is on the editor's toolbar.

I've ran forums since I was 13 and picked it up from there, though I was rather thrown into 17S as being the system admin. It still sort of terrifies me and I think I'm not that great at the tech side, if I'm honest.

EDIT:

Which weekend? :rolleyes::ph34r:

This weekend! Promise.

Edited by Chaos

61fc456a73490d1e2f558241bcd68eff.jpg

You know you want to...

@ChaosUse

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Oh, I know how to use spoilers (and it is on the toolbar - under the special bbcode thing).

What I meant was, you know how you have the spoiler box:

Like this

You have a thin box which expands out when you click the 'Show me' button.

What I thought I saw was a spoiler box, but there was text inside the box before you click the button. The text that was there said something like 'This contains spoilers for Stones Unhallowed', and was replaced with the actual spoiler text:

Stones Unhallowed is about Szeth.

Is this (or was it at any point) a feature? Or was I either mistaken, or has someone used some crazy web knowledge to combine some BBcode into something really cool?

And I guess, while I'm here, does the test bbcode do anything other being an alias for bold?

Edit:

And another suggestion: Smart Alec

Edited by Haelbarde

Ask about site stuff. Ask me sarcastic questions because you thought they were funny!

OK so I was gonna ask something along the lines of 'why the heck would I want to know anything about you?' but you went and ruined it by expecting such things *grumbles and goes back to wikiying*

Wait, you bear the title 'Webmaster'. As Master of the Web, and presumably head of the Elders of the Internet, does this not give you control over, and access to, all human knowledge anyway?

Oh, and I realized why telepathy would be such a great thing - you'd get to find out all the Cosmere things.

Edit:
Does the Award system work? Does anyone actually have any awards?

Some people petitioned here for @Kaymyth to get a Forum Mom award. And @TwiLyghtSansSparkles a 'Forum Crazy Big Sister Who Loves Pugs Too Much' Award

Edited by Haelbarde

Edit:

Does the Award system work? Does anyone actually have any awards?

hehehehe, no it does not work, he deleted it cause he's a fool

and fyi, A webmaster is not THE web master ;)

hehehehe, no it does not work, he deleted it cause he's a fool

and fyi, A webmaster is not THE web master ;)

I'm the head webmaster and the sysadmin. Anyone else with that technical access answers to me :)

Other questions will be answered soon.

In addition there are way too many of these AMAs, so I'll make a subforum for them today.