Which Brandon Character Would You Date?

Chaos

Not Vin, if you try to break up, she will cut you.

Yeah, she is one of those that would heavily rage if you broke it off.  She is not one that would accept the "it's not you, it's me" phrase.  I think she would be really difficult to have as a girlfriend in general.  She disappears, is very guarded, and has a load of baggage that I am not sure I would be prepared to deal with.  

Yeah, she is one of those that would heavily rage if you broke it off.  She is not one that would accept the "it's not you, it's me" phrase.  I think she would be really difficult to have as a girlfriend in general.  She disappears, is very guarded, and has a load of baggage that I am not sure I would be prepared to deal with.  

I think that is what I like about Vin, she is broken, she does have her issues. Elend affections don't magially make her healed. It Kel and the crew that help her through her reservations and her issues. It is through the patience and kindness of a pseudo family that she is able to learn to trust and love.

I'm glad that you recognize that eventhough Vin is awesome sauce, you as a person couldn't deal with that. It is an incredibly mature and rare view in this world. And I think that Brandon did a really good job of writing a character who had suffered horrific abuses, and had a warped view of the world from them, but was able to over come them with time and help from friends and later on a significant other.

I think that another really good example of this is Kaladin. He has honor, he is a good man, but he deffinately has his issues. And he needs to deal with them before he has a healthy relationship with anyone. Which is almost even better than Vin's situation because so often it is the guy trying to save the girl from herself, which is where Vin's story could have gone, but now we have the other part of a guy suffering from mental health issues trying to over come them.

Sorry to get so serious, but I just need to gush about realistic portrails of mental health issues and relationships for a minuet. =P

siri, marasi and shallan would be interrsting for me. All are ok people to have around and are on the intellectual side.

Probably it won't work with any of them. marasi and shallan are too concerned with what is proper and what is not, and siri is too fickle.

Vin deserves a special mention because i would not want to date her (we have nothing in common and she has horrible issues) but I feel very protective of her, so she may easily become something akin to a little sister for me.

For all to consider

My randompointless megapost of confusing crap:

Elend is the kind of person who's figured out that he can't always have his way. He does what is best in the situation, not what will make himself/others happy. Whether that's good or bad is up to the person I suppose. If he regresses a little he gets a lot more silly and irritating, and gains a little of his idealism back at the cost of nobody being able to take him seriously. Though not nearly as many as Vin, he's got a few issues from living in the Final Empire as well.

Raoden is pretty much your typical paragon of virtue, a very nice and devoted person. Whether or not his devotion and perfection are a little over the edge is up for debate. He's smart in a lot of areas, seems to have an innate dislike for the concept of power over others in general, and is immortal, so he'll likely enter a severe depression when he realizes you won't live as long as he will. Happy day :)

I will not talk about Zane.

Kelsier is tricky. He seems funny and cheerful, and maybe somewhere down there he is. However, he's a borderline-psychopathic and is axe-crazy at anything that gets in his way. The man has serious issues, as well as a minor god complex and a tendency to do crazy things. He's basicaly a male Vin, but a touch more ruthless.

Susebron has little to no experience with the world, but is an innocent and very intelligent person because/in spite of it all. I mean, he grew up on a set of childrens stories. How much more innocent and straightforward do you get? Not to mention being near him makes you colorful...

Kaladin is incredibly honorable and very....well....something that's related to honor, I don't know, I'm tired. Problem is that (see a trend here?) he has issues, and is maybe still a little suicidal? He incredibly stubborn and a bit of a hypocrit. His prejudices tend to get in the way of his thinking, and they're really hard to break through. If you have light eyes, good luck with him.

Wayne is for the silly people. If you can keep up with his absurdity and not have an identity crisis, by all means go ahead. He'll drive you up the wall withan attitude that's  lot more funny in third person, and you can't even poison him when you reach your breaking point. I guess what I'm saying is that you'd better be pretty grounded in reality and have an amazing sense of humor to keep pace with this nutcase.

Wax has, (Oh boy, what could he be about to say!?) issues. Like everbody. I mean, is it even worth mentioning at this point, since everybody is emotionally shattered in this series? He's grim, he's paranoid, he's half-depressed, and he's really good at noticing stuff. Plus, he can fly. And shoot bullets, but that's not as cool. Just be ready to live in a house with a lot of squeaky floorboards and no butlers.

For Vin, see Kelsier. She has deep scars that will likely never heal, and will dissapear on you regularly. She's a free spirit, and Harmony help you if you try to leave her.

Shallan is definately witty and intelligent, if a bit of a prude. She's not as bad as some other characters, but you'd still have to deal with all the Alethi propriety junk. She's also grown up with pretty much everything she could ask for, and being aware of it desn't change that fact. And let's not forget that her loose-cannon nature is combined with a shardblade and a soulcaster.

Siri is fun, and by the end of Warbreaker she's lot less crazy. Unlike most female Brandon characters, she's not overly concerned with what's proper (in fact, she barely seems to care at all), though this makes her hard to keep track of as she goes off to who knows where. And, her disregard for most of their beliefs aside, she is an Idrian. Still, magic hair anybody?

Vivenna is, by the end of things, the slightly less freerunning and slightly more snobby and emotionally broken version of Siri. With what she's been through in Warbreaker, her life is in shambles, and she's probably still a little broken up because of all of it. And, as mentioned above, she's an Idrian, which is a bit of a problem regardless of her getting smacked in the face over it several times. Also, be careful with colors around her...

Sarene has some kind of inherent dislike of authority I think. She's smart and obsessed with manipulation, so you will likely end up doing what she wants you to whether you wanted to or not, and on top of that she's a little reckless and, by some accounts, rude. If you annoy her, you'll hear about it. Kind of a middle ground between everybody.

Marasi is one of the few genuinely feminine character in this list. She's got a bit of a problem with feeling useless which may have been cleared up thanks to Miles, but living on the sidelines all her life has certainly had it's effects. She's a bit impulsive a susceptable to emotional allomancy, so watch out for that. Ugh, I'm not sure what to say here to be honest. She's a smart university student that has a semi-useless magical power -_-

Yes, that was the Observer's pooprant. I hope whoever asked me to do one is  happy.

Let's see....Elend, Kaladin, and Raoden. However, Raoden is a little too virtuous for my taste, as much as I like him as a character. Although, maybe he would temper my mischievousness and slight deviousness..... As for Kaladin, I like his sense of honor. And when his prejudices and hatred of lighteyes aren't getting in the way, he's actually a very cool guy. Ultimately, though, I think I'd go for Elend. Intelligence is a must-have for me. And a sense of humor. And he's got both in loads.

Ultimately, though, I think I'd go for Elend. Intelligence is a must-have for me. And a sense of humor. And he's got both in loads.

Look out, he's a Mistborn character, and automatically has deep psyche problems from his dad being a loser and from growing up in a hellhole in general. And don't forget what he went through in WoA and HoA.

Heck, does Brandon have a single character who isn't severely screwed up in some way?

Edited by Observer

Hmm, so many options...

Zane - A good "fixer-upper"

Denth - great sense of humor

Dilaf - so sincere and devout

The Lord Ruler - always looks young, plus, gotta love a man with power

Ruin - Life of the party, knows how to shake things up

Odium - The ultimate bad boy

In all seriousness, I'd probably go for Spook. Cute, boy next door type with relatable flaws and great potential.

See, I'd go with Vin for many of the reasons that people say they wouldn't. She's got issues, but is honest about most of them rather then hiding from them; she's passionate!; she may disappear from time to time, but that's okay because I like my alone time as well (besides, in my universe I'm Mistborn as well, so there's that). She just seems more...real...in many ways to me then some of the other characters.

Shallan would bug the HECK out of me, probably because we are too much alike...

Yeah, not long ago I had a Calvin and Hobbes moment and essentially met myself. I hated the guy.

I think one of the biggest problems with Vin is how emotionally volotile she is. It's like handling an unstable explosive wearing oven mitts with her. One slip,and it all blows up in your face.

I don't understand why poeple have issue with finding people too much like themselves. I love people who are much like me. I know a woman who's very much like me, and I call her big sister. she's 20 years olders than me, and married, or I would have definitely tried to date her. my best friend is also a guy very much like me; if I were a girl, I'd definitely try to date him.

Give me a radiocarbon kit and I'll have Hoid dated in no time.

It's what everyone wants!

Not to be that guy, but carbon dating only works once the subject you are dating has died :P

Not to be that guy, but carbon dating only works once the subject you are dating has died :P

Not to be that guy, but I obviously must have been talking about the original Hoid, not the imposter who keeps running around.

*phew* Nailed it.

Edited by Phantom Monstrosity

I don't understand why poeple have issue with finding people too much like themselves. I love people who are much like me. I know a woman who's very much like me, and I call her big sister. she's 20 years olders than me, and married, or I would have definitely tried to date her. my best friend is also a guy very much like me; if I were a girl, I'd definitely try to date him.

It's the part where you see all your own worst qualities reflected back in your face, or worse yet something you enjoy about your life is annoying as heck from an outsider's perspective. It's kind of like what Miles does with gold actually. I find this kind of self-loathing to be a bit of a benefit since it lets you improve yourself.

See, I'd go with Vin for many of the reasons that people say they wouldn't. She's got issues, but is honest about most of them rather then hiding from them; she's passionate!; she may disappear from time to time, but that's okay because I like my alone time as well (besides, in my universe I'm Mistborn as well, so there's that). She just seems more...real...in many ways to me then some of the other characters.

Man... This. I agree entirely.

Yeah, not long ago I had a Calvin and Hobbes moment and essentially met myself. I hated the guy.

I think one of the biggest problems with Vin is how emotionally volotile she is. It's like handling an unstable explosive wearing oven mitts with her. One slip,and it all blows up in your face.

Nah... I'm masochistic like that. I have this awful, AWFUL "Knight in Shining Armor" Complex that makes me want to protect and love broken girls... Also, Vin is a good person in the end, not just a broken, problematic kid.

You must be an absolutely lovable person, then.=p

Most people are just a little bit awful at some level or another and, by meeting someone like ourselves, we face those problems... I've being dealing with a HUGE problem lately with some friends precisely because we are too much alike.

Edited by Aiken Frost