• Muslim
    • Buddhist
    • Hindu
    • Cosmereism
    • Atheist/Agnostic
    • Other
    • Christian - Other

3 hours ago, Rob Lucci said:

. I was surprised to find how many mormons we have here as well.

I think that the fact that Brandon is Mormon makes it less surprising. :) but also I don't know how wide spread Mormonism is in the states so I never made any assumptions. 

Edited by Mestiv
Typo

1 minute ago, Rob Lucci said:

That's one juicy typo :D

Mormonism is really a fringe sect of Christianity, that's why I was surprised. But yeah, Brandon being mormon probably explains it.

Speculative fit seems to be popular among mormon writers at least. Brandon, Dan Wells, Orson Scott Card......

2 hours ago, Mestiv said:

I think that the fact that Brandon is Mormon makes it less surprising. :) but also I don't know how wide spread Mormonism is in the states so I never made any assumptions. 

This made me curious, so I looked up statistics and stuff about the percentage of religions in the US and found these:

Spoiler

FT_16.10.13_100religious_affiliation420px.png

FT_16.10.13_100religious_age640px.png

FT_16.10.13_100religious_gender420px.png

FT_16.10.13_100religious_race640px.png

FT_16.10.13_100religious_region640px.png

But in regards to the lds church, there are roughly 16 million members world wide. :)

17 hours ago, Delightfully Smoak said:

Speculative fit seems to be popular among mormon writers at least. Brandon, Dan Wells, Orson Scott Card......

I was at a convention listening to a professional storyteller, and before the show he was just talking with the audience and said something like "It has come to my attention that if you win at Mormon, you get your own universe to play around in, and it seems like reading/writing fantasy and scifi is a way of practicing for it." 

He got some wild applause there, because, well, he wasn't really wrong. :P

9 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

You guy's are so storming lucky getting to go to conventions and crap :P 

Seriously, right? Star Wars 40th Celebration was right here in my storming city and I didn't have any chance at going to that.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:53 AM, Delightfully Smoak said:

I'm gonna hide my post now I think. DESTROY THE EVIDENCE. And leave everyone else confused FOREVER! MUAHAHAHAHAHHA.

I still seeeeee iiiiiiit! Bwahahaha!

I think it's not just that Brandon is Mormon, it's that he is Mormon, and lives in Utah. That's where we are most heavily concentrated, for historical reasons. So it isn't just that he is Mormon, it's that he is local, which means he gets more word of mouth publicity between Mormon people.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:55 PM, Delightfully Smoak said:

Mods see hidden posts? Are they marked as hidden?

We do. And they are. They're a sort of pinkish color.

On 4/25/2017 at 4:55 PM, Mestiv said:

When I put on the One Ring obviously :P (last Thursday or Friday I guess)

Heh. They do like to sneak up and spike us when we're least expecting it.

@Darkness Ascendant - "That was the last time in those wars that he passed the doors of his stronghold, and it is said that he took not the challenge willingly; for... alone of the Valar he knew fear. But he could not now deny the challenge before the face of his captains; for... Fingolfin named Morgoth craven.... Therefore Morgoth... issued forth clad in black armour; and he stood before the King like a tower, iron-crowned, and his vast shield, sable unblazoned, cast a shadow over him like a stormcloud. But Fingolfin gleamed beneath it as a star; for his mail was overlaid with silver, and his blue shield was set with crystals; and he drew his sword Ringil, that glittered like ice.

Then Morgoth hurled aloft Grond, the Hammer of the Underworld, and swung it down like a bolt of thunder. But Fingolfin sprang aside, and Grond rent a mighty pit in the earth.... Many times Morgoth essayed to smite him, and each time Fingolfin leaped away...; and he wounded Morgoth with seven wounds, and seven times Morgoth gave a cry of anguish, whereat the hosts of Angband fell upon their faces in dismay, and the cries echoed in the Northlands." - stolen from theonering.com, and them from that book of epicness The Silmarillion

Aute i lome! Aure entuluva! Your night is passing! DAY SHALL COME AGAIN! 

EPIC (Fingolfin vs. Morgoth).jpg