Lark Reads WoT [liveblog of sorts] [Spoilers]

Kestrel

Current book : The Eye of the World

Chapter: 19

Okay so I'm doing a liveblog sort of thing. I've started Wheel of Time. I was already doing this on Tumblr and thought hey! The Shard might enjoy my ramblings/horribly thought of jokes about the story so here I am.

I'll try to update this a lot but it might not happen. I'll try to keep things professional. No guarantee. This will also have spoilers.

SO FAR. Its pretty dang good. The prologue was a bit of a what the heck sort of reaction but that's a common thing in epic fantasy so I'm gonna ignore the reaction it sprang in me. I seriously like Rand. Someone on Tumblr called him Randy Dandy so guess what my name is for him now. Thanks tumblr user Jasnah-Kholin.

Okay but the "become one with the void." Okay Tam calm down. Rand too, while we're at it. Also a character named Wit. I screamed. Wit no. Hoid stop.

Did I mention that I like Mat? Okay while we're at it I like all the characters so far.

And now we're at chapter two (sorry I'm skimming my sparse notes that I already made on Tumblr) and let me just say this why are all the women so short. I mean I can relate to this book because of that but really.

Not sure what chapter this happened (3?? 4?? I never kept track) and now they've been attacked by the angry furries. Wolf things. The enemies in this book are interesting. I'm kinda glad that Tam survived. I'd be sad if he died. But I think he will just for the record.

I'm on chapter 12 now. They just left the Two Rivers place and are running from the shadow creatures.

Edited by LarkoftheRiver

I identify with the short ones

I understand

I have friends who are like Rand height and I'm like really

really.

Now then

Chapter 16

I keep forgetting to update this with my Tumblr so I'm actually on chapter 19 uhh.

This is the last tumblr update.

The weird dreams keep happening. I feel so bad for poor randy. Please I just want him to be happy.

But like they hate to tell Moiraine. I'm confused. I think they SHOULD. If she was gonna hurt them, she would have done so already. Ge guys. Pls.

Also, I don't trust Min just throwing that out there.

• 2 months later...

I myself didn't really trust moiraine when I first began reading the series about 5 years ago.  But maybe it was just Rands suspicion rubbing off on me. 

I am rereading the series again.  I started about six weeks ago and I'm halfway through book 9.  Audiobooks at work are mostly responsible for my fast pace.  I can't always listen but when I can, I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shadow Rising is also the beginning of Mat just being the best character in the series (this is a fact, not a debatable opinion...).

Prepare yourself.

I agree 100%.  Didn't like Mat half as much early on, but he defenitly became my faverive around book 4.

• 1 month later...

Finished book five, after many grumbles.

About 20% through book six.

But

I bought myself a copy of New Spring and was leafing through it and

i found the scene where Lan throws Moiraine into the pond.

You know that feel when you bypass laughter and go straight to crying

That was me

This scene begs to be animated.

Oh dear.

So I'm starting to enjoy Lord of Choas. Egwene as Amyrlin is great and Mat getting the crap kicked out of him by Nynaeve. Oh my.

Also way to go Rand, snitching on Loial.He was your friend you piece of chull dung and you know he didn't want to go back. You. You.