Heirs to the Final Empire: Roleplaying Thread

Wyrmhero

Bother. It seemed that the Lord Ruler has frozen all assets in Luthadel for several days. Word was, he was off dealing with some rebel group off in the middle of nowhere, but you would at least think that he would allow business to proceed as usual. Hadrian began penning a missive to him in person.

Most glorified Rashek, I hope that all of your endeavors have been proceeding smoothly and that the market will be able to proceed as usual within a short period of time. Is there a particular way you wish me to record the unexpected events of the last couple days in my next book?

Your Servant and Historian,

Hadrian Penrod

Go kill those Internet rebels Wyrm! Best of luck getting everything back to normal with your internet, although I guess you won't see this until you have access again.

Edited by Araris Valerian

I can see it, Araris. I've been reading along when possible on my phone, just very rarely - And its all but impossible to make a long post.

As such, I am going to extend this Cycle one more day, until Monday at 6. Hopefully the guys looking at it will have fixed it then. If not, I'm going to despair, let you guys know what is going on, then get back to fixing it.

Cleo Venture stared at the wall with distaste. She wore a soot stained black shirt and pale gray leggings. Two men stood on either side of Cleo, watching her. Cleo sighed. The wall was going to have to be painted over with purple. Regal purple, Cleo's favorite color. Annoyingly, she did not have any purple clothes. Maybe I'll purchase some from Gamic before this ball. Cleo thought. His ball. Cleo walked through the ash, staining her gray leggings. Her guards walked by her side. It was the middle of the day. The strange mist seemed to only come at night. 

Cleo dropped a card with purple ink written on it. It said I graciously accept the invitation to your ball. From, Lady Cleo. Cleo then left, returning to the stand she had set up (with purple), and waited. 

Renea Gardre frowned from atop a starlit balcony from the newly-constructed Keep Gardre.  She has underestimated Rashek, in one regard: the man certainly did have the powers he claimed, managing to repel any invaders in this new city of Luthadel, and construct his giant spire, within a time that she would’ve previously thought impossible.  For a time, Renea was worried that, no matter how much support she would be able to garner, she wouldn’t be able to stop Rashek.  But no, there was no way that he could survive indefinitely.  From the information that Rashek had openly (and foolishly) given some of the other nobles, the Allomancy that he wielded could only work when he had metal available for him to “burn”.  But, well, couldn’t she just get an assassin to kill him in his sleep?  Allomancy didn’t seem like it could work so easily subconsciously, and even if it did, as long as he had no sources of metal, Rashek would be dead.  Boom.

Unfortunately, Renea was beginning to realize that this wasn’t going to be the quick and easy game that she had first believed.  The other nobles seemed to be rather loyal to Rashek, and from what her servants had reported, hiring an assassin to kill Rashek would… not be easy, to say the least.  There was something else, something other than Allomancy, that made him far stronger than he should be.  Or, maybe it was just Allomancy, only taken to an extreme degree.

“Edwin,” Renea called, gesturing to one of her servants, a middle-aged man with a long beard.  Like all of the other servants, he wore a long, silky robe that was in the traditional house colors: green and gold.  The servant bowed deeply, a smile barely flickering across his face as he did so.

“How may I serve you, milady?” Edwin asked.

Renea turned to the servant and gave him a warm smile, as she did to all of her servants.  “Please go to Keep Urbain and tell Lord Urbain that I will be present at his ball.  I shall hope that the man is at least semi-hospitable.”  Renea chuckled.  She wasn’t completely aware of all of the other lords and ladies of Luthadel yet, but everyone knew that Gamic Urbain was a drunkard.  She could use that to her advantage, of course.  Gamic did seem to have a number of skilled laborers under his House’s tutelage; no doubt, having access to some of the best artisans in the region would be an asset.

Edwin bowed again, and turned to leave.  “Wait, Edwin, please deliver these schematics that my engineers have developed to the men downstairs.  We have the contracts for development now.”

Edwin’s eyes widened.  “The new residential district?”

Renea nodded.  “There are a lot of servants throughout Luthadel, and they aren’t being treated as well as they ought to.  With this district set up within Luthadel, not only will we able to provide decent lodging for a large portion of the city’s population, but we should also make a decent profit in rent.”

“I can’t believe--”

“I’m only doing what is best,” Renea said.  “Or at least what I think is best.  The world has been torn apart, and while Rashek is trying to hold it together, it will take the best of men to return it to the way it once was.”  Renea looked up at the night sky, the twinkling stars far above seeming far fainter than they had just a few months earlier, ash blocking much of their light.  “Only fools would cause this much destruction,” she muttered to herself, looking out over the balcony again.

Action 1:

Renea Gardre is using her power as House Lady to commission a small residential/recreational district in Luthadel, near House Gardre, in the hopes of raising her favor with her own servants and the other servants throughout Luthadel, and to eventually earn a profit from rents.

I would have liked to have RP'd at least a little bit, but it didn't end up working out. Hopefully next turn works out better. (Probably not, with exams, but one can hope right? :P)

Public Action: 

Who: Lord Aodhan Izenry, in his capacity as Lord of House Izenry.

What: Establishing a guild for glassmakers, and all that entails. (Hiring workers, buying a work-space, buying equipment and raw materials, etc.)

Where: Luthadel

When: This is my third action.

Why: To get a long-term financial gain at a short-term cost, and also to potentially commission various works. (Stained glass, various decorative and practical pieces, etc.)

How do we plan for balls to work? Will each ball take place in a doc? V:

I presume it will be RPed on here, but I dunno. Up to you guys, I guess.

Also, my internet's working now, so the Cycle will indeed finish today at 6 PM BST as expected.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Generation 1: Turn 2

"It's wonderful, isn't it?" Tydan Queade asked, smiling to himself despite the somewhat precarious position he was in. There were no railings on the spires of Kredik Shaw, and a single slip could end with a very sudden impalement, something he wanted to avoid. "Just look at it..."

"Your House has done well, Lord Queade," Rashek - The Lord Ruler - nodded in agreement. "My capital was not fit for us to live in barely five years ago, and now... Now it is truly a city fit for an emperor."

"I can't take all of the praise," Lord Queade said, feigning modesty and embarrassment. "All of your Lords have done something similar. I merely thought about our people as much as the economy, my lord."

"No... None of them have done anything quite so similar," The Lord Ruler replied, shaking his head. "Be wary, Lord Queade," he said, looking at his noble carefully and with deliberate slowness. A powerful soothing hit Lord Queade, though he did not realise what it was immediately. It cut through his coppercloud as though it wasn't even there. "I raised only you and the rest of my nobles to these lofty heights. These commoners, these 'skaa', as some have been calling them... If I discover a single one with my blessing, there will be a reckoning. Are we clear?"

"Perfectly, my lord!" Lord Queade said, shaking his head. "Not a single dalliance will be had with them, by me or my descendants, I swear!"

"I don't care if you dally," The Lord Ruler said, correcting him slightly on that point. "Well, if you or your sons dally. Ensure there are no fruits of such a union. Understood?"

"...Understood, my lord," Lord Queade nodded.

"I'm going to make this very simple for you," Lord Erikell said, looking around at the ghastly huts these people called home. Their occupants either knelt before him, or were strewn across the ground, dead. "Whenever you harvest, you send the food to me. If you do not, I will come back and burn your village to the ground. Even skaa like you should be able to understand that."

He smiled as they nodded. Well, onto the next village then.

Lady Elariel's grand ball was a huge success, and all of the new high society attended it, none of them quite sure of what to expect. They were wined and dined, and some attempt at dancing was made, though no-one was quite sure precisely what style they should be following these days. Khlennium was said to be the city to emulate, in the world that was, but considering it basically no longer existed... Still, an attempt was made, and many went away already planning their own opulent gestures.

One such noble was Lord Urbain, who had become somewhat despondent after Lady Elariel's proclamation, and set about organising his own, in a grand attempt to outdo her. Mostly, he just ended up annoying the other nobles with the bill to wipe away the graffiti he used as an invite.

"What," he asked his constant companion, "is she doing here?" he pointed at Lady Elariel.

"I believe she claimed that she was invited, my Lord," Find replied. "Someone must have invited her on our behalf."

Lord Urbain merely grunted in response and took another whiskey from one of the trays making its way around the room.

Fadrex was once a grand city, before the end of the world. Now it was less grand, but it had still recovered well enough. A man who called himself King Fadrex, after the city, ruled there with passing competency. He was skilled in warfare, and had deep enough pockets to ensure the army was on his side.

But he could never have prepared for this.

Lord Tekiel struck the stone of the gate in front of him. King Fadrex would not have believed such a thing as a man soaring through the air was possible, if he had not seen it himself. Then, as though it were an extension of his own arm, Lord Tekiel drew the sword from his waist and cleaved it through two of his guards in one fell swoop.

King Fadrex took a step back, drawing his own sword. He felt the sword move of its own accord, and then it shot out of his hand, sailing across the roads and buildings behind him. He was lucky not to be killed by such a motion. His luck did not last, however, as Lord Tekiel's sword then found itself in his throat.

Lord Tekiel was rather pleased so far. The advance party - himself - had succeeded in its primary objective of striking down the enemy leader. The army was still there to deal with, however. But that was why he was not attacking the city alone. He couldn't defend himself against everything, after all. Time for the secondary objective.

Lord Tekiel walked calmly over to the gears and levers that controlled the gate, brushing soldiers that rushed him aside and off the battlements with a simple steelpush. He took the chain in both of his hands and burnt pewter. Then he pulled the rusted chain apart, letting it slide from his hands.

The gateway opened up, and his army stormed in. At its front were great hulking beasts, mockeries of humans that wore loincloths and carried large swords. Koloss, they were apparently called. Beasts that grew as far as their bodies let them, before collapsing under their own weight. They were horrendous creatures, and not for the first time since the Lord Ruler had sent some along with his army, he was glad that they were under his command. Regardless of what they looked like though, they were effective fighters, and made short work of the defenders, particularly when he jumped back into the fray himself.

At the end of the day, sitting atop the former Lord Fadrex' throne, Lord Tekiel smiled to himself. The Lord Ruler would be pleased when he was gifted this city.

Fadrex is now a part of The Final Empire!

The following canal trade routes have been built: Luthadel to Fadrex, Luthadel to Urteau, Luthadel to Central Dominance.

The following road trade routes have been built: Luthadel to Urteau, Luthadel to Fadrex.

Something to note: As The Final Empire expands, Upkeep costs will tend to lower, allowing you to increase the size of your financial empire over time.

The following children have been born: Cleo Venture (female), Adira Wilson (female), Kilvorn Pifferdoo (male), Retleh Uethorn (male), Mai Farrsolin (female), Valden Artorius (male), Scipio Tekiel (male), Lysander Elariel (male), Raynah Queade (female), Clofa Erikell (female), Koem Wair (male).

Wonko the Sane has dropped out of the game, for the time being. As he has taken no actions this Generation so far, I am removing his House from the list until he rejoins us.

Generation 1 Player List

• Winter Cloud - Cleo Venture
  • little wilson - Kyara Wilson
  • spencer12347 - Walin Walin
  • Lord Pifferdoo - Primus Pifferdoo
  • The Only Joe - Joel Tormander
  • Gamma Fiend - Gamic Urbain
  • Unodus - Turukseed Uethorn
  • Adamir - Mennet Farrsolin
  • Blank Fate - Cyrus Artorius
  • Venture Mistborn - Ven Orielle
  • OrlokTsubodai - Locke Tekiel
  • Comatose - Lutha Elariel
  • Aonar Faileas - Aodhan Izenry
  • Quiver - Tydan Queade
  • wblk - Sen Wair
  • phattemer - Cofal Erikell
  • Araris Valerian - Hadrian Penrod
  • Renegade - Renea Garde

This Turn will end on Sunday the 21st of June, at 6 PM BST.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Time for the most generic of actions - I'm trying for an heir, alongside probably the entire Final Empire. By the way, does Snapping ever come in as a mechanic? Do I need to weigh the odds of the child being Mistborn compared to my family disliking me?

Male name: Jorah

Female name: Moira

Time for the most generic of actions - I'm trying for an heir, alongside probably the entire Final Empire. By the way, does Snapping ever come in as a mechanic? Do I need to weigh the odds of the child being Mistborn compared to my family disliking me?

Male name: Jorah

Female name: Moira

Your children will snap automatically. And you only need to worry about being deposed if your House REALLY hate you.

A clarification about children:

During Generation 1, all children will develop Allomancy, due to the sheer strength of lerasium-based Mistborn. Indeed, all children born during this Generation - And hence all players in Generation 2 - will be Mistborn. This only applies to children born this Generation and people signing up for Generation 2. As the average Allomantic Strength decreases over the course of the game, Mistings will start to be born and Mistborn will become rarer, eventually reaching mythical levels of rarity.

Cleo Venture, the First of Her Name, lounged in a chair. She rolled a ball between her hands. It was made of steel, carved with slits in it. Pretty. She tossed it to the floor. Cleo scowled. 

Sure. One of the first people to swear allegiance to Rashek -the Lord Ruler- and I don't get it. 

Cleo looked around. The Keep was pretty. She'd made sure of that. Lots of purple. And grays. Steel gray and purple. Guards marched through the Keep. Cleo pulled a coin. It had the stamp of Kredik Shaw on it. She flicked it in the air. A servant scuttled to pick up the steel ball that Cleo had thrown across the floor in disgust. 

"Allomancy, Allomancy." Cleo stood up. She had been sitting on a plushy chair. She'd brought it in from her house. "I just want supernatural powers that give me control over metal. Is that too much to ask?" Cleo said, sarcasm dripping through her tone. 

Fadrex was taken over by an Allomancer. 

These Allomancers were too strong! 

Though, if what Rashek- the Lord Ruler- had said was true, then little Cleo II would be an Allomancer.

Perhaps...

The great and powerful Allomancer started crying. 

Cleo rolled her eyes. I asked for this. She thought, amused. Then she walked up to her room, locking the door to her study. The servants would take care of Cleo II. She pulled out the contracts she had said she would look over. Cleo skimmed it, then checked for the fine print. There wasn't any. She signed it. 

Then, she looked out the window. Noisy construction was going on. Canals. Business. 

Cleo shrugged. Then she began to draw up a proposal for a building. She'd already had plans, but this would speed up the process. 

Who- Lady Cleo I of Venture

What- Building a center for Training and Recruitment

Where- Fadrex

When- First Action Period

Why- Fadrex will have trained warriors already and if they join up, the Venture Forces will have experienced fighters to help train. 

Retcon!

Apologies for this. I wasn't quite thinking about the headache that would be produced by giving numerical values to the number of things being created. And so I am going to call a retcon now and make things simpler. All Properties that produce something will produce one 'Shipment' per turn. Things such as Shipments and Wealth can only change hands in integer (whole number) values.

A building that produces raw material Goods (Tier One Goods), such as ores, will produce one Shipment/Turn, which is worth 2 Wealth/Turn if sold to NPCs. Tier One Goods cost the players 3 Wealth if they wish to purchase any from NPCs.

A building that uses up raw materials in order to produce Goods (Tier Two Goods), such as weaponry, will also produce one Shipment/Turn, but due to the cost of the raw materials involved, it will be worth proportionally more. Essentially, the building will add 2 Wealth to the value of the Tier One Good. Weaponry, for instance, will cost 3 Wealth for a Shipment of Ore as a raw material, and will produce one Shipment/Turn of Weaponry. The NPC rate on this Weaponry will be 5 Wealth if sold, or 6 Wealth if you buy it from them. Tier Two Goods will typically have additional uses when used alongside Actions. This will use them up, however.

Remember that you can 'deactivate' Properties to reduce your Upkeep costs, you can change the production of your buildings as detailed in the other thread, and you can auto-sell what you produce. Costs are paid out of current Wealth, and the Wealth you make this turn (assuming production in cheapest order). If you cannot afford Tier One Goods to produce Tier Two Goods even after that, they will not be produced.

To futher simplify things, I am also scrapping the 'shipping' cost for deals, as that just made things complicated and was pointless. Canals will produce the normal amount of Wealth/Turn instead.

I am re-sending out the information from yesterday with this updated information.

Those of you with kids already, remember that it is best if you designate Heirs before the Generation is over.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Could I ask whether the Luthadel Central Canal links up with other canals? One of my fallback plans was to charge 1 wealth to anyone shipping into Luthadel if I ran low on wealth, but I'm not sure whether it works like that, or if it just counts as a regular canal to areas inside Luthadel.

On another note, do you have to publicly acknowledge that you are cancelling an action? Because I can already see situations in my head where players would deliberately mislead one another. Example:

Scheming Nobleman to Forum: I'm buying (insert object here)

Scheming Nobleman to Wyrmhero: I'm sending Mistborn to assassinate Scheming Nobleman II instead of buying (insert object here)

Edited by Adamir

Action Summary: No actions at the moment... this is meant to be an rp as well as an incredibly long complicated game of Risk, right? All right, fine, I'm designating Mai as the current heir.

Mennet Farrsolin

Mennet smiled, lowering Mai onto his knee and putting his wineglass to one side. Two emerald orbs stared up at him, as if in question. She was learning to talk, albeit slowly, but his daughter preferred silence to conversation. There was something in those eyes, some spark of... curiosity? Yes, that's what it was. He muttered a silent prayer of thanks, running a finger through a few thin strands of auburn air.

He Pulled on a coin across the room, counter-balancing it with a Push once it was close to his hand. The result held the metal suspended five inches from Mennet's palm, catching Mai's attention. She was fascinated with Iron and Steel; her perspective of physics was being built around floating metal. Mennet gave a small chuckle at the thought; she would need that perspective, if she were to become Mistborn. He remembered how long it had taken him to trust in his powers, barely understanding them. Mai wouldn't have that disadvantage.

'We live in a city of whipped dogs,' Mennet sighed. The words rolled over Mai, processed but not entirely understood. Mennet was glad for that; it meant she could hold her innocence for a few more years. Hopefully a decade.

'Dogs, when beaten, roll over. They pretend submission, but inside, they are scheming for ways to avenge themselves. Whether it be refusing to save their master from drowning in a river, or pushing him into that river... This empire isn't going to last ten years.' His tone grew melancholy as he surveyed Luthadel from his balcony perch. 'Chaos. Chaos is the enemy. Tell me, little one, what causes chaos?'

He took an arm from its position cradling Mai's head and swept it to the horizon. 'A great thinker from before the Age of Deepness once speculated that ambition causes chaos. He was wrong, though his logic was sound.' A brief cough; Mennet was now approaching his fifties. He had never felt like a young man, or had forgotten when he had, but this... A brief tap of pewter fended off the ache in his bones.

'No, inefficiency causes chaos. Lord Urbain was a drunkard who padded behind his betters, seeking to ape them yet falling short like a carpenter with broken fingers aping his master. He stumbled through Luthadel like a drunken bull in a crowded marketplace, sowing chaos where he walked. If the skaa paid more attention to the nobility, they would begin to doubt our right to rule - after all, what god would put a drunkard in a position of such power? Thank the Lord Ruler that Lady Elariel brought him to heel.'

Mennet reached out and took a sip of his wine. It was old wine from before the Deepness, recovered from his former family's estates. Father had been much like Gammic, and prized his alcohol over his riches. Everything of value burned, himself included, except this one bottle of wine, hidden in a bunker beneath the estate. But then, could you expect anything else from a riotweed addict?

'Lord Tekiel is efficient. Across a few short years, he deceived all of high noble society, and conquered Fadrex without anyone else's knowledge. He struck without mercy and without giving his opponent any time to think. He was a lightning bolt, a flash of white from the heavens before King Fadrex died and five thousand koloss marched into the city to massacre their way through countless civilians. Lord Tekiel prevented a war by destroying the enemy's ability to make war.

'Lord Erikell is efficient. While other lords were looking for how to best exploit one another, Lord Erikell set up the first true signs of extended governance. He brought the skaa around Luthadel to heel, and broke their spirits before they could rise up and challenge him. A broken worker has no ambition but to avoid the next beating.

'I...' Mennet swallowed the rest of his wine. 'I was inefficient. Do better than I did. Foster stability. Order. Not chaos. Not like I did, at the beginning. Order is maintained through contrasts. Strengthen the strong, and weaken the weak. Do the Farrsolin name well, because I haven't.' He took in the last few drops. 'Keep this empire alive, little one. Without someone like you or me, it will fracture.'

Edited by Adamir

LUTHA ELARIEL:

TURN 2:

Lutha gazed out of her Keep window at the growing capital.  The ash stained buildings were already bathed in the red light of dawn.  Her efforts had largely been successful thus far, but still she was being outshone by others.  While many had been struggling for their own position, Lord Tekiel had conquered a city with his allomancy and the Lord Ruler's Koloss, rapidly expanding the territory of the Empire.  Other Lords were already on their way towards establishing dominance in their particular trades.  True, it would seem for the moment that her wedding ball had been a success, and that the other nobles approved of her response to Lord Urbain's sleight, but still Lutha felt as if she was failing to live up to her full potential.  I just need time, she told herself, turning from the window.  Impatience would be her undoing.  The Lord Ruler had given her the opportunity to make something of herself, and for her new family, and she was not going to squander his generosity by reaching for her reward before it was ready.  

Daeron was still sleeping in the bed.  He still drank more than Lutha would like, but given his recent change in circumstances, she supposed she could allow him a few vices.  One day the fool would realize all that she had given him.  She doubted he would thank her, even then, but Lutha was used to receiving no gratitude for her work.  

Lutha strolled down the hall, entering the room where a nurse was looking after her son.  She had little time for the growing child, but she liked to look in on him when she could, even if just to watch him sleep.  Lutha gestured, and the nurse bowed, leaving the room.  

"There, there, my sweet," Lutha whispered, gently touching her fingers to her son's cheek.  "Your mother is just getting started."   

ACTIONS:

Action 3 - Trying for an Heir:
Who: Lady Lutha Elariel
What: Trying for an Heir (Male - Daeron II; Female - Emmaline).
Where: At Keep Elariel in Luthadel
When: Turn 2 Action 3.  
Why: To gain children she can use to forge alliances with the other houses.  

Action 2- Trying for an Heir!

Who:Lord Tydan Queade

What: Trying for an heir (Male: Rolan, Female: Nebellea

Where: That's private, thank you! (Keep Queade in Luthadel)

When: Turn 2 Action 2

Why: To further the line of House Queade

ROLEPLAY TO COME. 

Gamic Urbain strode through his freshly built distillery, the random tools and assorted pieces and parts still scattered about, waiting for the cleanup crew to make it's way through to pick them up. His suit seemed to assault the eyeballs, it's radiant and bright colors popping right out at everyone, in juxtaposition to the dark and grim streets of Luthadel, covered in their ash and haunted by the mists at night.

He smiled.

"And the Lord Urbain said, 'Let There Be Wine!'," he held out an empty goblet expectantly, shaking it impatiently when it remained unfilled. "And where is my wine?" He asked, frowning.

"Um, sir....," Find cleared his throat behind him, balancing the ledgers. "You don't have anything to make the wine with," The servant said, sweeping his arm across the room, showing the distillery in fact empty of anything to produce alcohol with.

"Then build a vineyard." Gamic said flippantly, turning away and going to seek out a bottle of wine in the meantime.

One of the workers strode over to Find who just stood there staring after the departing Lord Urbain in his ridiculous, garish suit. "Um, he wasn't serious, was he?" He asked hopefully.

Find sighed. "Well, get the Guild back out here. It seems we need to build a Vineyard."

The worker was flabbergasted. "What. Right here?" He looked around, his arms spread out in a way that said, Are you kidding me?

"What? And you expect the Lord Urbain to pay those exuberant prices the other Houses would charge for the use of their canals for shipping produce from the South? No, he would not stand for that. We'll build the Vineyard right here, in Luthadel. He should go for that." Find nodded in confirmation, trying to convince himself.

Who? Lord Gamic Urbain
What? Building a Vineyard!
Where?. Right at home in Luthadel, nearby his Distillery!
When? First Action this Turn.
Why? To produce grapes for his distillery to turn into Wine! (And to avoid having to ship his goods from elsewhere!) :P

It was amazing how different the city was now that the Houses had been spurred into action. The Nobles had begun hosting balls to show off, goods flowed in from the outside world and his own messengers scurried around carrying the Lord Ruler's messages.

But Sen still felt uneasy,his house was too open. He had Rashek's favour, but that might not be enough to hold off the over-ambitious Mistborn.

He beckoned his servant over by the corner.

"Tell my wife Lark to fetch some messengers and recruit some trained soldiers to join our House. It is time we strengthened our position."

The servant bowed and made for the door.

"Oh, would you also find Koem and bring him to me? I wish to have him beside me."

Who- Sen as Lord of House Wair

When- First Action

What- Recruiting soldiers to join the House

Why- To strengthen the strength of the House.

My first two actions are identical. I'm trying for two children

Edit: nevermind then. Only trying for one heir.

Who: House lord

What: trying for an heir.

Where: a sunlit beach near Austrex.

Why: to continue my line, and to make a marriagable alliance.

Names: Male: Hyrun. Female: Shan

Edited by The Only Joe

Hadrian was tired. His dreams had been full of death and pirates for the last several days, likely a remnant of the stories about Fadrex City. Well, at least his wife, who the Lord Ruler had allowed to join him after moving to Luthadel, was a compassionate woman and a stalwart Lady. After their last several nights, hopefully House Penrod would be able to leave a lasting legacy.

Action 1

What: Trying for an Heir

When: First action

Who: Hadrian and Alari Penrod

Where: Keep Penrod

My first two actions are identical. I'm trying for two children

Who: House lord

What: trying for an heir.

Where: a sunlit beach near Austrex.

Why: to continue my line, and to make a marriagable alliance.

Names: Male: Jonathan, Hyrun. Female: Kliss, Shan

You can only Try for an Heir once per Turn, Joe.

And do you have names for those children, Araris?

Edited by Wyrmhero

Lord Uethorn casually wandered around the keep, and stopped just outside a communal dining quarter specifically designed for servants from each house to eat together- his eyes distant and unseeing.
"Oh, what a bother..." He wondered out loud, "What a mess I've made- purchasing a secondary resource property without first considering the the resources necessary for its production... It may cost my house more than this production is worth to import it straight from the

the local markets. I wonder, if any of the other houses are pursuing a market in the timber industry? Of course, no house would outright reveal which markets they have invested in publicly to protect their assets- but maybe if they only knew of my need, they would be willing to strike a deal which favored both our houses..."

Turukseed glanced towards the servants, but already most of them had gone- racing to their individual house lord to be the first to share the potential deal. Satisfied, Turukseed lit his pipe and begun to walk back to his own keep. Such a brash move of trying to make all of the houses aware of his need was a gamble- but curious at what would come of it, Turukseed has taken the risk. Silently, he hoped one house would come forward privately- or he would have to risk much more in the future.

Who? Turukseed Uethorn

When? Turn 2, Action 1

What? Trying for an heir (Male: Gwydio, Female: Xenephilous)

Where? Luthadel

Why?   To produce more potential heirs to his hosue