What's your Personality type?

Sarcasm

Personality type  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Personality Type?

Ah, so secure in your Hufflepuff tendencies. You'll never see us Slytherclaws coming. :ph34r:

You are also a Slytherclaw?

...OK, now I'm beginning to suspect that we really are long-lost sisters...

....which I also like, but to a lesser degree than pugs.

Do you prefer chocolate or fruity desserts?

Chocolate.  Hands-down.  Chocolate is the best food in existence, and sushi comes in a very close second.  Though chocolate-covered strawberries are the best of both dessert worlds.  (Which reminds me - I think Imma fire up the fondue pot next weekend for the housewarming party.  Bwah!)

Water park or amusement park?

Chocolate. Hands-down. Chocolate is the best food in existence, and sushi comes in a very close second. Though chocolate-covered strawberries are the best of both dessert worlds. (Which reminds me - I think Imma fire up the fondue pot next weekend for the housewarming party. Bwah!)

Water park or amusement park?

Chocolate is the best, and chocolate covered strawberries are the only fruity dessert I'd gravitate toward. I do not get my younger sister's love of key lime pie.

Water park. Definitely water park. Though if amusement parks have one advantage, it's the funnel cakes.

Spicy salsa or mild?

Chocolate is the best, and chocolate covered strawberries are the only fruity dessert I'd gravitate toward. I do not get my younger sister's love of key lime pie.

Water park. Definitely water park. Though if amusement parks have one advantage, it's the funnel cakes.

Spicy salsa or mild?

I like fruit quite well, but it's not usually dessert for me.  I think 'cause my sweet taster is turned way down, so I tend to like tarter fruit, and tart just doesn't scream "dessert" to me.

Right there with ya on the water park. I tried so hard to like rollercoasters for my husband's sake, and it just didn't work. I tend too much toward vertigo. But we're taking some time off work in a couple weeks to try to get a good weather day to go to Schlitterbahn!  And I used to like funnel cake, when I was your age; now I take a couple of bites and I'm done.

Mild.  So mild.  I am a complete and utter wuss when it comes to spicy things, which is tragic because Indian food is sooo goooooood.

I like fruit quite well, but it's not usually dessert for me. I think 'cause my sweet taster is turned way down, so I tend to like tarter fruit, and tart just doesn't scream "dessert" to me.

Right there with ya on the water park. I tried so hard to like rollercoasters for my husband's sake, and it just didn't work. I tend too much toward vertigo. But we're taking some time off work in a couple weeks to try to get a good weather day to go to Schlitterbahn! And I used to like funnel cake, when I was your age; now I take a couple of bites and I'm done.

Mild. So mild. I am a complete and utter wuss when it comes to spicy things, which is tragic because Indian food is sooo goooooood.

I hate roller coasters. My siblings love them, but the only one I could stomach was called the Corkscrew at Silverwood in Idaho, and that's mostly because the Corkscrew was only a minute long. But the water park there--they had a pretty nice water park with a huge treehouse-like complex for the kids. My brother and I would climb up there and terrorize the kids with water guns and superior knowledge of strategy and timing. :P

Hmmmm, I prefer spicy, but I'll eat mild if it has a good flavor. And I don't like spicy for the sake of spicy. My parents think they've perfected their salsa recipe and so don't try any new flavors, they just add more jalapeños. Me? I wish they'd try some habaneros or a little more garlic or something, but no. They just make it spicier.

Have you guys ever read this sorting system? It's really complex and it's self diagnosed, but it's so fascinating to read about. I'm still trying to figure out what my primary and secondary are. It's a really interesting way of sorting personalities.

I came up as an ESTJ, although I'd consider myself an INTP/ISTJ cross.

I can't stick to plans, unlike an ESTJ or ISTJ, and I think rules are more like guidelines. I like organizing things, but only from the sidelines. I'm not VERY social, either. I am, however, kinda dependable.

I'm too extrovertish to be INTP or ISTJ, and I don't have enough creativity to be INTP, but I have the thirst of knowledge of an ISTJ.

Edited by Lightsworn Panda

Apparently I'm the only voted Esfp. Odd.

Nope, not odd at all. ESJP/ESFP do not have the tendency to dwell on the Internet much... I have seen a few unofficial studies stating the percentage of each types on the Internet do not reflect real life. For example, INTJ are more likely to spend time on the Internet, ESFJ/ESFP are less likely.

I tested ESFP a few times: my tendency to not be such an orderly person got me negative points on my J  :ph34r: Are you a typical ESFP? 

Lightsworn Panda, on 14 Jun 2015 - 07:13 AM, said:snapback.png

I came up as an ESTJ, although I'd consider myself an INTP/ISTJ cross.

I can't stick to plans, unlike an ESTJ or ISTJ, and I think rules are more like guidelines. I like organizing things, but only from the sidelines. I'm not VERY social, either. I am, however, kinda dependable.

I'm too extrovertish to be INTP or ISTJ, and I don't have enough creativity to be INTP, but I have the thirst of knowledge of an ISTJ.

Not all extroverted people like to be surrounded by 1000 people at all times, just like not all introverted people hide in their hole and avoid human contact at all cost... These are the extremities: most people dwell somewhere in between. 

I myself do not need to always be around people, in fact, I like being in my stuff and I rarely go to events/parties/gatherings, though I used to crave for these when I was younger. Now, I just like talking with people and, when I find someone I enjoy to talk on my favorite subjects, I feel energized. When I run out of people to talk to, I get depress. 

Edited by maxal

Well, I only took the test because of this thread (INTJ here). I honestly think that people are much more complicated than four letters. Everyone is a blend of just about everything, and that can't be determined by about fifty questions. It felt like a more complicated "Which Disney Princess Would You Be?" Facebook quiz. No offence to those who truly love this system- it just didn't work for me.

Well, MBTI was extremely accurate when it diagnosed me. The only thing that those INTJ profile pic "whatevers" got wrong was saying that I liked planning everything out whenever I did something (I really prefer to improvise.)

MBTI is mostly based off of Jungian psychology. It's a categorization of the way you tend to process information, and people who process information and see the world in the same way tend to act similarly. For example, INTJ's have a tendency to be extremely cynical and idealistic at the same time. Why? Because they believe that people are logical and that Utilitarianism is also logical, so people should be willing to act selflessly when the net good outweighs the net bad, but they also see patterns in behavior (such as employers tending to pay their workers the lowest possible wage, needless wars and dictatorships, and emotional manipulation in advertisements, etc.) that seem to denote that human beings are naturally evil. As objective analysts they process all of this information and also want to draw concrete conclusions about it.

I stated previously that it's probably best to self-diagnose. Those tests are much too variable when most people take them. My results on tests are usually ISTP or something like that, even though I'm definitely a strong INTJ. I posted a little summary of each trait towards the beginning of the thread.

Edited by Mckeedee123

So...while we're on the subject of personalities, is anyone else here autistic?

Not autistic, really, but I do have mild Asperger's, which is (pretty low down) on the autism spectrum.

...I'm not autistic, I'm a high-functioning Asperger's. Do your research.

Sorry, I just had to. :P

Edited by Slowswift

So...while we're on the subject of personalities, is anyone else here autistic?

No, but my 3-year-old nephew, the next door neighbor's kid, and a dear friend of mine all are.  The friend actually lived with us for a couple of years (after we rescued her from her nutball neglectful family), and I learned quite a bit about how her thought processes work.  In fact, I got rather adept at translating English-to-Housemate whenever a friend or romantic interest said or did something that completely baffled her.