What's your Personality type?

Sarcasm

Personality type  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Personality Type?

Well, this isn't good at all. Rose? Martha? I think I'll need your help.  :ph34r:

I've got your back. (When I mentioned this earlier, I was somewhere between Donna and Martha. And then I took the test again about an hour ago and got ESFJ....so I'm Rose now too! :D )

Three companions in one? That's a little weird, but who am I to judge? Let's go! :P

Not quite, because it seems like my extraverted side is overtaking my introverted side, so I'm not so much ISTJ anymore. At least, I wasn't an hour ago.... I've always preferred Donna and Rose to Martha anyway. :P

Not quite, because it seems like my extraverted side is overtaking my introverted side, so I'm not so much ISTJ anymore. At least, I wasn't an hour ago.... I've always preferred Donna and Rose to Martha anyway. :P

Wait. You felt differently an hour ago? That means you're still changing, which means you just went through a big change, which means….

HaHA! My new companion is a Time Lord! Take THAT, Masters and Missys! B)

Sounds good. Let's go! 

(Also, I will take a moment to say that I am now in the top 50 rep people whatever. I am the happiest I've ever been.)

I say we start by blowing up their base of operation. B)

(How about celebrating our new villainous friendship by creating a villainous Epic and join in all the upvotes fun we are having. :ph34r: )

Three companions in one? That's a little weird, but who am I to judge? Let's go! :P

Three companions in one or three Masters, who do you think will win, Doctor, what do you think?! :P

Hah!  I'm the TARDIS!  I win!

Remember what I did to that Dalek, sir. :ph34r:

I'd actually take that statement as a lot more scary if it came from River.  Sure, anyone with a can opener can crack open a Dalek, but how many people can make one beg?

I'm... the TARDIS? Well, Idris. Awesome. :D Totally fits me.

I'll gladly fly y'all 'round the universe on your grand expeditions.

I'm a simple person. I just want to go to the point in the future where all of Sanderson's books are published and I can steal buy them all.

Awesome! If roughly 50% of the people on the forum are INTJ (ie. Evil mastermind personality) then we can safely initiate our plan to conquer the forum and force Brandon to finish Stones Unhallowed first.

Well - I'm INFJ and apparently we're peacemakers and diplomats - odd the difference one letter makes!

I'm feeling a bit inadequate after finding myself in the same category as Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa allegedly so I feel as though I should try and earn my stripes by appealing to all evil masterminds to act with restraint but ...... I REALLY want to read Stones Unhallowed so ......

well,  all evil masterminds crack on with the forum domination. I'll just go and be quietly peaceable in the corner (and probably make a list of nice, kind things - I am VERY strongly "J",like 100% strength "J", no "P" tendencies at all so lists are a thing of beauty to me!)

After talking to many people, I have concluded that the only people who remember their personality types or are interested in the system of personality types are INTJ's. Every single college-age guy I have talked to who knows what a Myers-Briggs personality type is an INTJ. The girls don't care as much, and have a variety of types (ENFJ, INFP, ESTP, etc.). This is only in my experience, but I think only INTJ's love systems enough that they will remember and understand classifications such as MB personalities. 

After talking to many people, I have concluded that the only people who remember their personality types or are interested in the system of personality types are INTJ's. Every single college-age guy I have talked to who knows what a Myers-Briggs personality type is an INTJ. The girls don't care as much, and have a variety of types (ENFJ, INFP, ESTP, etc.). This is only in my experience, but I think only INTJ's love systems enough that they will remember and understand classifications such as MB personalities. 

I do not know if your sample is large enough to draw such a distinctive conclusion. I  am close to being the complete opposite of INTJ and I have found the personality discussion highly interesting. We had it on the Cosmere MBTI thread a while back and I spent hours reading on different types, mine and others. I made my entire department at work do the test and strangely, those who did not care so much for it were the INTJ.... It is rather strange you have found girls did not care so much for it as girls are generally very interested into personality tests.

If we combine my own explorations with yours, we can eliminate all conclusions. The interest a person has in the personality discussion seems rather personal. I have liked those discussion and trying to understand myself better is an endeavor I have pursued for the longest time.

I am not INTJ and my interest into the system is not for its classification properties, but for what it tells me on how I look at the world I may not have grasp by myself. I am also interested into what it tells me of my interlocutors and how to best interact with them. 

When I took an MBTI test in middle school, I was an ISFJ. However, since then I've almost completely flip flopped and now I'm an INTP. (High five to all my INTP pals c: ) Really interesting to me. Lately, it's been a little iffy between INTP/INFP, but I fit better as an INTP. (9th Doctor woo!!)

The only problem is that I went through a phase a couple years ago where I obsessively researched INTPs, so at this point, it's unclear whether I'm choosing answers based on my actual personality or choosing answers because that's what I expect myself to be. And I could go either way for a lot of the questions. It's never really that black and white to me.

Edited by Lady Eowyn

When I took an MBTI test in middle school, I was an ISFJ. However, since then I've almost completely flip flopped and now I'm an INTP. (High five to all my INTP pals c: ) Really interesting to me. Lately, it's been a little iffy between INTP/INFP, but I fit better as an INTP. (9th Doctor woo!!)

The only problem is that I went through a phase a couple years ago where I obsessively researched INTPs, so at this point, it's unclear whether I'm choosing answers based on my actual personality or choosing answers because that's what I expect myself to be. And I could go either way for a lot of the questions. It's never really that black and white to me.

Oh it is the same for me... I test ESFJ which seems right, most of the time, but still... I am a feeler, but only a mild one. I am a sensor, but not a strong one and whereas I usually fall on the J part of the spectrum, I am borderline on the P... So I guess I could alternatively be ESFJ, ENFJ, ESFP and ENFP. 

They say ESFJ are more suited for professions implying care for others such as nursing. I couldn't think of a more ill-fitted profession for me as whereas I do care too much about too many things, I have not desire to care for strangers in such way. I also get very easily annoyed at people endlessly complaining about their life while never taking one single action to improve it. A very un-ESFJ thing to do.

These tests are not 100% solid. ESFJ is the best match for me, but it does not mean I am 100% E, 100% S, 100% F and a 100% J. So I figured there must be situations were I act as another close type. It must be the same for you.

Well, I only took the test because of this thread (INTJ here). I honestly think that people are much more complicated than four letters. Everyone is a blend of just about everything, and that can't be determined by about fifty questions. It felt like a more complicated "Which Disney Princess Would You Be?" Facebook quiz. No offence to those who truly love this system- it just didn't work for me.

I don't think anyone will ever completely fit inside the boxes described by the results here, and I don't know if this was the authors' intention. I certainly don't exhibit every trait used to describe the INTP, though I do identify with many of them. 

Honestly, the most helpful thing this test did for me was describe the differences between introverts and extroverts in terms anyone could understand. Realizing that I was a strong I from a family of strong E's really helped me to understand and accept those differences. My mom, for example, is an ENTP while I'm an INTP, so my initial thought was that we must be more alike than not….but no. Reading the different profiles for those two personalities helped me see why we're so different and how those differences manifest—even if the test didn't describe our personalities perfectly. 

I don't think anyone will ever completely fit inside the boxes described by the results here, and I don't know if this was the authors' intention. I certainly don't exhibit every trait used to describe the INTP, though I do identify with many of them. 

Honestly, the most helpful thing this test did for me was describe the differences between introverts and extroverts in terms anyone could understand. Realizing that I was a strong I from a family of strong E's really helped me to understand and accept those differences. My mom, for example, is an ENTP while I'm an INTP, so my initial thought was that we must be more alike than not….but no. Reading the different profiles for those two personalities helped me see why we're so different and how those differences manifest—even if the test didn't describe our personalities perfectly. 

This is a great point you are bringing forward because the test help me understand the difference between introverted and extroverted. I have now tried to be more mindful of the introverted people around me and I have tried to give them the space they need to blossom. 

It also gave me a name to put on my highly emotional responses I do have to the unknown. For the longest time, I had thought being emotional meant crying all the time (which I don't, I am not the crying type), but it is far more than that. I do have strong emotional responses to a great many things, but none of them involve crying or self-pity. I was thus at lost to understand myself. 

I also think that by knowing how we, ourselves, have the tendency to react and how, others, do helps us understand each other better.

This is a great point you are bringing forward because the test help me understand the difference between introverted and extroverted. I have now tried to be more mindful of the introverted people around me and I have tried to give them the space they need to blossom. 

It also gave me a name to put on my highly emotional responses I do have to the unknown. For the longest time, I had thought being emotional meant crying all the time (which I don't, I am not the crying type), but it is far more than that. I do have strong emotional responses to a great many things, but none of them involve crying or self-pity. I was thus at lost to understand myself. 

I also think that by knowing how we, ourselves, have the tendency to react and how, others, do helps us understand each other better.

Great point. If anything, I think the best thing these tests and others like them do is give us a framework to understand ourselves and others. And I think that the more detailed the test is, the greater understanding it affords those who take it. 

Another test I'd recommend (which I unfortunately can't find; I'll keep looking!) is an extremely comprehensive Harry Potter Sorting Hat test. Rather than answering multiple choice questions, it has you rank your responses on a scale, then tallies your results and tells you which House you'd be in based on your percentage of compatibility. I got 98 percent Ravenclaw and 79 percent Slytherin, which I compared to my brother's 95(?) percent Gryffindor. It's a slightly nerdier way to understand personalities. :P

Edit: This one is close to the one I took, although it has a long series of true/false statements rather than asking for a ranking of one to ten. Not sure if it's different, or if I'm just remembering it wrong. :ph34r: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Another test I'd recommend (which I unfortunately can't find; I'll keep looking!) is an extremely comprehensive Harry Potter Sorting Hat test. Rather than answering multiple choice questions, it has you rank your responses on a scale, then tallies your results and tells you which House you'd be in based on your percentage of compatibility. I got 98 percent Ravenclaw and 79 percent Slytherin, which I compared to my brother's 95(?) percent Gryffindor. It's a slightly nerdier way to understand personalities. :P

I've taken many such tests, and I consistently measure as a Ravenclaw with very strong Hufflepuff leanings.

So apparently I'm clever and good-natured. Not as nefarious as those no-good Slytherins and not as foolhardy as those zealot Gryffindors. I am pretty much the perfect Hogwarts student. B):P

I've taken many such tests, and I consistently measure as a Ravenclaw with very strong Hufflepuff leanings.

So apparently I'm clever and good-natured. Not as nefarious as those no-good Slytherins and not as foolhardy as those zealot Gryffindors. I am pretty much the perfect Hogwarts student. B):P

Ah, so secure in your Hufflepuff tendencies. You'll never see us Slytherclaws coming. :ph34r: 

I think I know what test you speak of... though it's been a while, so I can't remember my exact results. I do remember I got Hufflepuff though. :D

Did it give you a banner that looked like this?

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

hufflepuff.jpg

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Diggory, who represented Hogwarts in the most recent Triwizard Tournament.

Take the most scientific Harry Potter
Quiz
 ever created.

Get Sorted Now!

Edited by Slowswift

I think I know what test you speak of... though it's been a while, so I can't remember my exact results. I do remember I got Hufflepuff though. :D

Did it give you a banner that looked like this?

The sorting hat says that I belong in Hufflepuff!

hufflepuff.jpg

Said Hufflepuff, "I'll teach the lot, and treat them just the same."

Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Diggory, who represented Hogwarts in the most recent Triwizard Tournament.

Take the most scientific Harry Potter

Quiz ever created.

Get Sorted Now!

Yes! That's it! :D