What's your Personality type?

Sarcasm

Personality type  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Personality Type?

ESFJ. Must be one of the most hated personality type over the Internet. I think we are simply being misunderstood  -_-

Pfft. When you're INTJ most people on the internet think you're an arrogant slontze for it. Sometimes in Real Life, too.

It doesn't matter if I am sometimes.  :ph34r:

Pfft. When you're INTJ most people on the internet think you're an arrogant slontze for it. Sometimes in Real Life, too.

It doesn't matter if I am sometimes.  :ph34r:

When you are ESFJ most people on the Internet think you are dumb, stupid and unable of any rational thought simply because you need to communicate to think :rolleyes:  In real life, they think you are an emotional nut-job and again, think you are dumb, stupid because you often talk before you think because you NEED to talk to think. Quite weird, I agree  :ph34r:

Extroverted feelers do stand out and, most of the time, in negative ways. Google ESFJ and you will see all the negative comments together with the hate mail towards extroverted people  :(

Is there an online quiz or something I can take for this? Because I have no idea what any of these are. Truth be told, when I look at them the first thing that comes to mind is the four-letter classification system for alien lifeforms in my favorite science fiction series, which is probably not the correct context for them. :P

I'm INTP. According to the test I took, my type is only seen in about 5 percent of men and 1 percent of women. 

So when I say that there aren't many people in the world who really, truly, deeply understaaaannnnnd me, I'm not necessarily exaggerating. :P

And also with Pascal, Newton, Socrates, and Einstein. Cool!

I'm INTP. According to the test I took, my type is only seen in about 5 percent of men and 1 percent of women. 

So when I say that there aren't many people in the world who really, truly, deeply understaaaannnnnd me, I'm not necessarily exaggerating. :P

Here's a link, though if someone has a better one, feel free to offer it. I took my test in a class I took for college, so I'm not the best source of online resources for this one. 

And also with Pascal, Newton, Socrates, and Einstein. Cool!

Huh. I did not know that, but I'm definitely okay sharing a personality type with all those smart people. B)

Here's a link, though if someone has a better one, feel free to offer it. I took my test in a class I took for college, so I'm not the best source of online resources for this one.

Thanks! I just scored INTJ. I still don't really know what that means, and I'm a little disappointed I didn't wind up in INTP with you and all those smart guys, but I'll take what I can get. :P

Thanks! I just scored INTJ. I still don't really know what that means, and I'm a little disappointed I didn't wind up in INTP with you and all those smart guys, but I'll take what I can get. :P

Here's the explanation. Basically, the letters stand for Introverted, INtuitive, Thinking, and Judging. It all comes down to how you see and interact with the world. 

Here's the explanation. Basically, the letters stand for Introverted, INtuitive, Thinking, and Judging. It all comes down to how you see and interact with the world. 

According to that explanation, INTJs are

"Skeptical and independent, have high standards of competence and performance - for themselves and others."

I may need to do some psychological studies to be sure, but I don't think they did this right. I expect a higher level of personal accuracy in an online quiz like this. Give me a week and I'll assemble my critique of their system. :P

Edited by Kobold King

The tests aren't super-accurate. It's probably best to just self-diagnose:

E vs I: If you gain energy from spending time around other people, you're E. If you lose energy from spending time around other people, you're I. This is a no-brainer to me.

S vs N: Sensing means that you rely more on concrete facts than theoretical possibilities to assess a situation. iNtuition is vice-versa. This one is sort of hard to figure out. The big question here is whether you spend a lot of time thinking about things or learning about them when you're interested in them... maybe?

F vs T: Emotions. Do you "work through" your emotions (F) or think through them (T)? Are you logical, rational, and objective or do you make decisions based on feelings and sentiment?

J vs P: Judging vs Percieving. This one is also sort of confusing. The question here is whether you acquire information to create judgements or actions, or just for the sake of getting the information. For example: My older brother is a pretty strong INTP (as opposed to me, a very strong INTJ.) He wants to get a degree in IT because he wants to know a whole bunch of programming languages and have a versatile knowledge set, while I want to get a degree in Computer Science because I want to master just two languages in order to program some ideas I've had into a game. J's set a lot of goals. If they start exercising, for example, they'll probably create a long-term plan for it on Day One (even if they don't end up following through.) P's don't do that so much.

Once you find the right personality, it should be like looking through a mirror. The modes of thinking tend to create patterns of behavior and relationships that are really accurate most of the time. That being said, it's important to remember that MBTI is more of a tool to help you understand yourself better (and, ultimately, make you better) instead of a concrete set of traits that will always define you

Edited by Mckeedee123

Don't you dare say that.  :lol:

INTJ technically has the highest average IQ of all 16 types. It's something I like to tease my brother about. (INTP is the second-highest, much to his chagrin, I think.)

INTJ and INTP are pretty similar in most ways, though. I think they're probably the closest two personality types

that was easy

Aren't INTP/INTJ the two most common? To be honest, I see no real true difference between the last two letters for any of the types. I scored 49%/51% in favor of judging.

On this forum? Apparently. On average they're pretty rare, though. INTJ and INTP are estimated at 2.1% and 3.3%, respectively

Edited by Mckeedee123