Ask Quiver Anything!

Quiver

You...you've never...had.......pizza? Somebody bring me my fainting couch!

Nope.

Star Wars or Star Trek?PT, OT, or DT? (not that there is anything of DT until December)

More Star Trek these days, provided we're ignoring the Abrams films.

Honestly, I kind of like the Prequels? Revenge of the Sith is awesome, at least. I'm not a big fan of A New Hope or Jedi, so...

That said, I'm kind of looking forward to the Disney Trilogy.

Should....should we start an "Order Quiver the Tastiest Pizza in His Area" Kickstarter campaign? :unsure:

Please don't.  

I don't have any money. Think Kickstarter accepts fresh free-range eggs? :P

No, don't encourage her, this is an awful idea!

<p>Never had a quesadilla?! :o Time for Quesadilla 101. 1. It is pronounced "cay-sa-dee-a."2. It is a Mexican food.3. It is delicious.4. See Fatebreaker's description of a quesadilla.5. Eat one. Now. Anyway. Here's my couple of questions.

• Have you read the Tiffany Aching series? 
  • Do you like cheese?
  • What's your favorite color?

Only the fourth one. I'm not a huge fan of the young audience Discworlds; I couldn't really get behind Maurice and his Amazing Rodents, either. They are releasing a fifth though, so I ought to get caught up on it.

Ew.

Yellow, mostly.

Ooooh, he doesn't like cheese. This would explain the pizzalessness.

Now I find myself faced with a challenge - how to make pizza without cheese? It...might be possible...

I think it is! A restaurant where I live has a Thai pizza with chicken, peanut sauce, and....a few other things I don't remember, but I'm 99 percent sure cheese wasn't one of them.

Oh that's what else I was going to ask! What's arugula?

I mean at this point we can call garlic bread pizza. And just no.

This is arugula: 

Arugula1.jpg

Or, as I like to call it, fancy lettuce. :P

Yeah, garlic bread isn't pizza. It's garlic bread. I like pizza with creative sauces and toppings, to an extent. I had a delicious garlic chicken pizza, with a white garlic sauce instead of tomato and chicken with mozzarella and parmesan—but I think to be called a pizza, it has to have a pizza-type crust (so, a crust with yeast; no "flatbread pizzas" here) and some sort of sauce with cheese and/or toppings layered on it. I prefer cheese—I don't know if I could eat a pizza without cheese—but I used to work in a pizza parlor and there were a few lactose-intolerant customers who'd order pizza without cheese. 

Yeah, garlic bread isn't pizza. It's garlic bread. I like pizza with creative sauces and toppings, to an extent. I had a delicious garlic chicken pizza, with a white garlic sauce instead of tomato and chicken with mozzarella and parmesan—but I think to be called a pizza, it has to have a pizza-type crust (so, a crust with yeast; no "flatbread pizzas" here) and some sort of sauce with cheese and/or toppings layered on it. I prefer cheese—I don't know if I could eat a pizza without cheese—but I used to work in a pizza parlor and there were a few lactose-intolerant customers who'd order pizza without cheese. 

Can I offer the unorthodox opinion that pizza is an ideal to strive for, rather than a list of rules? :P

My family and I are gluten intolerant, so we make our pizza crust out of cheese and eggs. Once that's been toasted into a crisp and tasty crust-substitute, we slather it in tomato sauce, more cheese, and pepperoni and have at it.

Ooooh, he doesn't like cheese.  This would explain the pizzalessness.

Now I find myself faced with a challenge - how to make pizza without cheese?  It...might be possible...

No idea.

1.Have you read White Sand?

2. Have you read the temeraire series?

3. What is the grossest meal you've ever had?

4. Why is the sky blue?

5. Why?

6. Why?

Not yet. I need to get a new email address.

I haven't, but I've heard about them and been meaning to. I just... have been a little busy lately.

Uh. I had one of those protein shakes people mix up once? Milk, and strawberry and... pulpy. That was pretty gross?

...I was going to snark, but I don't actually know. I assume it has something to do with how light is diffused travelling through the ozone layer? And now that I've made a mockery of myself to science, I'm gonna go look it up.

Because I want to know why the sky is blue, okay?

IT'S MY OWN BUSINESS IS I WANT TO KNOW THINGS.

anything?

Exactly.

Chicken. And peanut sauce.

At what point is a pizza not a pizza???

When it's something I'll eat.

Oh that's what else I was going to ask! What's arugula?

I mean at this point we can call garlic bread pizza. And just no.

See: Twilyght

Can I offer the unorthodox opinion that pizza is an ideal to strive for, rather than a list of rules? :P

My family and I are gluten intolerant, so we make our pizza crust out of cheese and eggs. Once that's been toasted into a crisp and tasty crust-substitute, we slather it in tomato sauce, more cheese, and pepperoni and have at it.

If Pizza is an ideal, would that make your family the Knights Pizza? trixieshiftright.png

You've started a fad. How do you feel?

Well, I stole the idea from Brandon, so i don't think I can claim all the credit... but it's awesome to see other people doing the AMA thing! Now I just need to try and come up with half-decent questions for everyone...

(Plus, everyone seems to go for actual real answers, where I've been trying un-funny snark, so I might start copying them. So I'm stealing their fads now?)

What's your favourite quality about yourself? (I asked, so it's not bragging :) )

I like how fast my hair grows. It means I can start to hide behind my fringe, Fluttershy-style, when I get nervous.

...What do you mean, that doesn't count?

Fine.

I don't know if it's a quality, but I do like how analytical I can be when it comes to things; it's one of the skills I actually do have some pride in (even if I am constantly nervous that I'm saying something offensive, appear pretentious, or am just plain wrong). I think I do bring something new to the table whenever I analyse work, even if it's just something as not-relevant as offering alternative character interpretations; honestly, one of my favorite things I've done on this site were the commentaries/analysis I tried to offer when Feather was posting her Pacific Rim RPG.

And, as the link in my signature shows... I also like the analysis I did for MLP, and I have been meaning to get back to it; I finally got another copy of the first season's episodes, so I might start that again.

(On a similar note, I read an MLP fanfiction a friend of mine did, and ended up with a completely opposite response- I thought the ending was uplifting when she meant it to be tragic. When I apologized for it, she said not to, because she really liked my argument and interpretation of the scene... so that kind of cheered me up a little).

On the other hand, it's a little more difficult to just relax and enjoy something, particularly cinema. For a recent example... I liked Jurassic World, but the whole time I was also thinking "It would be cool if they did this instead", or "I wish they had done X". I have a similar issue with some books... including Brandon's. I just can not read Elantris, because the writing just feels wrong in some way, and whenever I try to read the Stormlight Archive I get disinterested with Kaladin's chapters.

Quiver,

Your 17th Sharder's AMA idea seems to have gone viral. What is your opinion on this?

I think we need to wait and see if any of the other sharders show symptoms before we start labeling it a virus.

(The first symptom is ponies).

Do you ever secretly wonder if you are psychopathic?

Er... no. I can't say that I ever have.

Though I do worry a lot about whether the person I am online is an accurate reflection of me in real life. I try to act the same here as I do there... but offline, I find it more difficult to articulate my thoughts sometimes, and I worry that, however sociable I may appear to be on 17th Shard is just me trying to connect with people, since offline I find it really difficult to talk to new people.

Do you start with your lower jaw when you brush your teeth or your upper jaw?

Does anyone here obsessively highlight for white text?

Meaningless first world questions FTW!

Top.

Absolutely not. 

...That said, I feel like Arrow's second season is still the best of either show, and I still quite liked season one... so I'm going to say Arrow. But the producers really need to step-up next year.

That is the correct answer. Arrow Season 2. Good job. :P

Which Arrow episode is your favorite? How about Flash?

Favorite Arrow Villain?

Favorite Cosmere villain and hero?

How does it feel to be one of 17S's resident starter-of-things?

I don't know, cause I'm not. I'm... really not lol

Honesty it's weird because -technically!- I'm the one who started the whole Pony thing here; there were already fans, but so far as I know I'm the first person who actually posted threads, signatures and had avatars about it. But it didn't really catch on until the Oregoners started to pony-up the Reckonersverse.

Ditto with the AMA's. Technically I have the first one -second after Brandon- but I don't think I can claim to be the one who started it; it was other people who started posting their AMA's that got attention to the idea, and the whole thing kind of snowballed from there.

At best, I am Fleet; always running just ahead of the next big thing, and not actually being involved in it becoming a Thing. derpytongue2.png

That is the correct answer. Arrow Season 2. Good job. :P

Which Arrow episode is your favorite? How about Flash?

Favorite Arrow Villain?

Favorite Cosmere villain and hero?

I don't really have an individual favorite episode- at least, not one I can remember off-hand. I like storylines for the show, and there are great moments in each. The most immediate answer I have for Arrow would be "The Promise" in season two... but really, I'm not sure of favorites.

Slade! Easily the most well-developed villain on season two, helped by Manu Bennet's magnificent performance. Malcolm is pretty good, but -again- I feel like season three botched him a little bit; the writers seemed inconsistent on how genuine his love for Thea was, which is a problem when that's a major defining trait of the character. Similarly, the long-con ending didn't really seem "smart" enough; I have no problem with Malcolm ending where he did, I just feel like the writers cheated a little to get him there.

For non-arc villains though, I quite liked Cyrus Vanch in season one. David Anders is always great, and a genre-savey mob boss was fun; I wish they would bring him back.

Favourite cosmere hero... probably Vivenna, or else Vin.

Favourite villain would be Denth. He's basically an evil Kaladin, and -in my mind- is played by Nathan Fillion. Yes please.

My mental picture of this entire AMA so far is Quiver standing in a huge crowd of reporters with cameras and microphones whilst they all clamor to get your opinion on extremely important topics.... :P

I'm sure that was a compliment, but now, all I can think of is thIs.

Fluttershy_surrounded_by_eyes_S2E22.png

(I'd turn that into a meme, but imgflip isn't working. Still, I think it gets the point across.)

I'm sure that was a compliment, but now, all I can think of is thIs.

Fluttershy_surrounded_by_eyes_S2E22.png

(I'd turn that into a meme, but imgflip isn't working. Still, I think it gets the point across.)

Ookay..... Not exactly what I was picturing.....but, you know, whatever works for you.... :P

I... don't.

Should I start getting my stream of apologies ready?

Naw, that's okay. Just thought I'd throw you a hard question.

(We chatted about the favoured weapons on the ninja, and then what magic system would best suit a archer. Then autocorrect and the Catquidition)

EDIT: To be fair, this event happened 16 months ago. (I still have the PM - haven't had enough to need to delete stuff. Also, I hoard things...)

Edited by Haelbarde