Ask Quiver Anything!

Quiver

What's your top ten favorite things in the pony fandom?

I suppose just naming ten characters would be cheating?

1) The show. Despite being written for kids, the morals are universal, the characters complex, and the themes interesting.

2) The comics, both main line and Friends Forever. They were the first things I read, and they veer more into comedy, which is fun.

3) FiMfiction. Obviously, Sturgeons Law applies, but there's some stories I really love, such as Flash Fog and Asylum (both available via TV Tropes).

4) The songs. "Smile, smile, smile ~!"

5) Mane Six. Again, the characters have a surprising amount of depth to them. (See: Rarity) And, personally, I find them very relatable, particularly (in my case) Twilight.

6) The Background Characters. The result of the fandom, many of them are just as interesting as the mane six...which is why they are getting their own episode.

7) Fan music. Again, check TV Tropes. Brony music is amazing.

8) Animations. An example? Lullaby for a Princess.

9) Doctor Whooves and Assistant. The amount of dedication that goes into it (and other audio dramas) is amazing.

10) Derpy Hooves. Because who doesnt love Derpy Hooves? Again, even beyond her character, I love her as a symbol of the fandom and what they can create.

If you could visit any other world (like Middle-earth or Roshar) which would it be?

Favorite cheese?

Hmm.

Narnia. Son of Adam? Check. Instant-royalty!

Though I'd love to visit Discworld and Nalthis.

Uhhhhhh

What's your favorite

Idk kitchen tool

Colander.

Is Reckoners Cosmere?

Yes, but not in this universe. Edited by Quiver

I suppose just naming ten characters would be cheating?

1) The show. Despite being written for kids, the morals are universal, the characters complex, and the themes interesting.

2) The comics, both main line and Friends Forever. They were the first things I read, and they veer more into comedy, which is fun.

3) FiMfiction. Obviously, Sturgeons Law applies, but there's some stories I really love, such as Flash Fog and Asylum (both available via TV Tropes).

4) The songs. "Smile, smile, smile ~!"

5) Mane Six. Again, the characters have a surprising amount of depth to them. (See: Rarity) And, personally, I find them very relatable, particularly (in my case) Twilight.

6) The Background Characters. The result of the fandom, many of them are just as interesting as the mane six...which is why they are getting their own episode.

7) Fan music. Again, check TV Tropes. Brony music is amazing.

8) Animations. An example? Lullaby for a Princess.

9) Doctor Whooves and Assistant. The amount of dedication that goes into it (and other audio dramas) is amazing.

10) Derpy Hooves. Because who doesnt love Derpy Hooves? Again, even beyond her character, I love her as a symbol of the fandom and what they can create.

Hmm.

Narnia. Son of Adam? Check. Instant-royalty!

Though I'd love to visit Discworld and Nalthis.

Colander.

Yes, but not in this universe.

What about fan created things(Music, animations, fan fiction)

What about fan created things(Music, animations, fan fiction)

Well, if you think that's cheating, just consider them as one item, and here's two more:

1) Brony charities

2) I like it because its mere existence is helping to break down the gender divide in society. At times, it can seem like MLP has been appropriated by male fans; but I think that that is untrue. There are a lot of female fans; even so, the fact men watching a 'girls' show is becoming cultural acceptable is huge for breaking gender divides and stereotypes.

What is your favorite fan work produced by bronies? Do you regularly watch the channels of producers like BronyDanceParty or FiMFlamFilosophy?

FiMFlamFilosophy is great, but I find myself watching it more and more for the non-pony related shenanigans. Greg's lets plays with Raye, Peyton and Taylor are great.

Besides that? Mostly I pick music from TV tropes to listen to while I write. And I'm waiting for the next part of Doctor Whooves and Assistant of course!

I've been meaning to read some "Ask Pony" blogs, but I haven't had time. I find tumblr difficult to use.

Besides that...fan fiction. Lots of fanfiction; right now, my main obsession is the Shadow Wars universe by Jordan179.

Edited by Quiver

My question is...

811.jpg

Well. It looks like I'm facing an old man, so I'm not going to hit him. I don't seem to have any tools, and the only way to "Go" seems to be through him.

so I'll "take" him with me. He hit me hard enough to cause an ouch, so I'm sure he'll be a valuable member of the party.

How many quesadillas do you consume in an average week?

I... have never eaten a quesadilla, actually. Edited by Quiver

VEGEMIIIITTEEE ALL THE WAYYY!

Sigh...  Aussies and their vegemite...

I... have never eaten a quesadilla, actually.

WHAT??? Did you never go to college???

Who is your favorite discworld character? (or characters if picking one is too hard)

With a title like that, you're just asking for a graniose answer, like "I have read everything on the internet. Twice".

But the truth is, I haven't. I'll add it to the list though.

You must. Hyperbole and a Half is amazing. I do miss the days when Allie was updating regularly, but there's enough stuff in there to leave you in hysterical tears of laughter for hours.

Oh.  I suppose I should ask a question.

So, didja see my cosplay post in Creator's Corner?  :ph34r:

HOW AND WHY QUESADILLAS ARE THE LIFEBLOOD OF THE UNIVERSE

well that's cheese but quesadillas are next best thing

I have a terrible diet, frankly. I'm working on changing that, though, so I'll try and get quesadilla's eventually?

(Though I have been reliably informed that Taco's are in fact the lifeblood of the universe.)

What would you do if seven and a half cats were sitting in your kitchen, debating about philosophy?

Charge admission fee to see the amazing seven talking cats, and call a vet for the half.

Sigh...  Aussies and their vegemite...

WHAT??? Did you never go to college???

Who is your favorite discworld character? (or characters if picking one is too hard)

I went... but I'll admit, I wasn't a very good student. I also never partied or drank while I was there lol.

Favorite characters... yikes, that is hard. twilightoops.png The Witches are my favorite series, but in terms of characters? I like Vimes. And Carrot. And Angua, and Death, and Moist, and Rincewind...

I guess Vimes tops the list, since it was Guards! Guards! that got me into the series, but... that is a tough one.

Arrow or Flash?

In terms of this year? Flash. Arrow season 3 was very... unfulfilling- which is a shame, because I feel like it had a lot of potential and promise. 

Overall? It's... still actually kind of difficult to call. I like how optomistic and happy Flash is; by contrast, Arrow can be very Soap Opera-ey. It places too much emphasis on the romance, since none of the romances... really work for me. The only ones that did were Ollie and Sarah (which was doomed from the begining) and Ollie/Felicity in season two (which was mostly accidental, and then the writers used it to bludgeon season 3 to death).

...That said, I feel like Arrow's second season is still the best of either show, and I still quite liked season one... so I'm going to say Arrow. But the producers really need to step-up next year.

You must. Hyperbole and a Half is amazing. I do miss the days when Allie was updating regularly, but there's enough stuff in there to leave you in hysterical tears of laughter for hours.

Oh.  I suppose I should ask a question.

So, didja see my cosplay post in Creator's Corner?  :ph34r:

Um... not yet, I'm afraid. But I commend you on your advertising, because I will go and check it out now!

Which DC hero should get a super kick butt anime show?

Donna Troy, on the condition that the show is produced by Hideaki Anno and Gainax.  Taking a character whos defining characteristic is her convoluted, contradictory, retcon-filled backstory and giving full creative control to the guys who made Evangelion? The results should be interesting one way or another.

Um... not yet, I'm afraid. But I commend you on your advertising, because I will go and check it out now!

I kinda figured.  :D  Usually when I post something creative, you can't resist shooting me a PM.

Oh, look!  There's a PM in my inbox!

Oh, look!  There's a PM in my inbox!

How do you know that isn't me? I forward issues of Exciting Advances in Donkey Genetics to all my friends. :ph34r:

EDIT: Drat, I need to ask a question. Quiver, are you at all interested in donkey genetics...? :ph34r::P

Edited by Kobold King

How do you know that isn't me? I forward issues of Exciting Advances in Donkey Genetics to all my friends. :ph34r:

EDIT: Drat, I need to ask a question. Quiver, are you at all interested in donkey genetics...? :ph34r::P

I peeked.  It's Quiver.  And I'm really tempted to make jokes about donkey genetics, but unfortunately all the best ones involve words that the forum doesn't like.

I peeked.  It's Quiver.  And I'm really tempted to make jokes about donkey genetics, but unfortunately all the best ones involve words that the forum doesn't like.

I remember you from the "Having a Bad Day" thread. You're the one who has trouble finding fitting genes, right? :P

I have to be honest, I'm only interested in donkey genetics if grey mares playing a cello are involved.

I remember you from the "Having a Bad Day" thread. You're the one who has trouble finding fitting genes, right? :P

But you didn't see the update?  I found some!  Multiple pairs!  I found just the right combinations of adenine, thymine, guanine, and cytosine to fit me properly.

And now, I give you That Spells DNA:

(I can't figure out how to get the video to embed, so it's a link.)

Edit:  IT DID IT FOR ME.  I am confused but happy.

Edit 2:  No, it's not really a video, it's a static image to a song.  But it's a good song.  Jonathan Coulton is the King of Geek Rock.

Edited by Kaymyth