Ask Quiver Anything!

Quiver

So in shameles imitation of Brandons AMA a futile attempt to catch up to Kobold's rep count a pique of boredom, I decided... why not, might as well post this.

So, as the title says... ask me anything! What's my favorite Brandon book, my opinion on the political system, who best pony is, whatever.

I can't guarantee you a truthful answer; I can't even guarantee a good answer. But I can guarantee an answer to every question, and that's pretty much the same thing in the end.

What is your opinion on the political system. I guess I don't even know where you live...

...So you didn't just ask "Where do you live"? For the record, I'm in the UK.

Anyway, politics... is strange, because I feel (at least so far as the UK and US are concerned) there's both too much cynicism, and too much optimism.

Politicans are really easy targets, given the amount of corruption and broken promises that seems to haunt that particular career; at the same time though, there are a lot of politicians who do try to make a positive difference, to the world in general and their constituents in particular. There are, I'm sure, many people who get into the civil service or run for office, not for monetary rewards or because they dream of becoming president, but because they want to make a difference, and tarring all politicans as corrupt, listless lying serpents does a real disservice to those who do want to do good, not to mention encouraging people who might otherwise be interested in a career like that to give up.

At the same time... people can have unreasonable expectations, particularly whenever the man in charge of government switches seats. It's unreasonable to expect, say, Obama to do a 180 from Bush's politics overnight; that is just setting yourself up for disappointment and failure. Of course, it's disappointment and failure which politicians court, since their campaigns are always focused on how they will be different from the current guy, so they share some of the blame.

So... politics are complicated, necessary, but often messy. And that's just on a theoretical level; if you start adding religious interests, race politics, trying to appeal to more voters, it becomes a literal quagmire. I feel sorry for the politicians who find themselves tymied in their efforts to create genuine reform.

What are your credit card details?

Nice try. raritywink.png

What... is your quest?

"We are the Cutie Mark Crusaders On a quest to find out who we are And we will never stop the journey Not until we have our cutie marks!"  

If you could meet one pony or one Brandon Sanderson character and ask him/her any questions you want, who would it be and why?

And would you prefer meeting the Sanderson character in a ponified form?

Edited by Edgedancer

If you could meet one pony or one Brandon Sanderson character and ask him/her any questions you want, who would it be and why?

Pony Vi-

And would you prefer meeting the Sanderson character in a ponified form?

FOR THE LOVE OF- EDGEDANCER!

Anyway, Pony!Vin. I'm curious about what was the more useful lesson imparted to her by pony!Kelsier; the magic of allomancy, or the magic of friendship.

"Do you ever feel, like a plastic bag?"

I feel empty inside a lot. And I eat a lot to fill the void isnide of me.

...So, yup, I guess so!

Edited by Quiver

By the way Skaa, nice Monty Python quote. I only worked it out a moment ago. (Of course, if it's just a co-incidence, I naturally knew it all along)

Anyway, back to topic. Quiver: I have an important question to ask you, more important than perhaps any other question you will ever be asked. More important than mere pony related questions. More important, even, than my malevolent scheme to get your credit card details, only foiled due to your wily ways. But now, I have a true question to ask you, worth more than all other questions combined. It is a question to stop the strongest and bravest of men in their tracks, to shake empires to their very bones. The question is:

Do you like vegemite?

Do you like vegemite?

I must confess something: I have no idea what that is. And lo, did I toil across the interwebs and google, seeking for an answer.

Having found one all I can say is: never tried it, probably not.

What is the air-flight speed of a laden swallow?

Scadrian or Selian?

(All Rosharan swallows are chickens  of course.)

if you didn't live in the UK, where would you live?

Presumably wherever my parents decided to live instead...?

Of course, if what you mean is where do I want to live... I've never really thought about it, to be honest. When I was younger, I used to think it would be amazing to live in America, but, considering this is the digital age, I don't need to live stateside to get a job writing comics. So I really have no idea. Right now, I've lowered my expectations to "I'll live wherever I can get a job".

Edited by Quiver

Batman or Superman?

Superman

Halo or CoD?

Halo, I guess? Not a fan of shooters to be honest.

Messi or Ronaldo?

...Or sports, so I'll say Ronaldo, because he's the name I recognise the most.

Ferarri or Lamborghini?

The correct answer is- whatever company was responsible for designing Hot Rod's sweet Alt Mode.

So ridiculous.

Books or movies?

Movies have their upsides; but if you mean in terms of adaptation? Books are always better.

Do you think Sharder AMAs will become in vogue after this?

If they do, then I started a "thing". If they don't, I get to be unique.

Either way, I win. ajsmug.png

Edited by Quiver

Superman Incorrect

Halo, I guess? Not a fan of shooters to be honest. Correct, lucky guess.

...Or sports, so I'll say Ronaldo, because he's the name I recognise the most. HERESY, also incorrect

The correct answer is- whatever company was responsible for designing Hot Rod's sweet Alt Mode.

So ridiculous. Look's like a lamborgihni. Incorrect

Movies have their upsides; but if you mean in terms of adaptation? Books are always better.  Correct

2/5. Sorry we can't be freinds -_-

Edited by Tyson

2/5. Sorry we can't be freinds -_-

Huh?

mhiy2.jpg

What is your favorite breed of dog? Do you ever read the blog Hyperbole and a Half?

With a title like that, you're just asking for a graniose answer, like "I have read everything on the internet. Twice".

But the truth is, I haven't. I'll add it to the list though.

Edited by Quiver