What Do You Look Like?

Guest Cognizantastic

Well, at least it's a time of year when it's most likely to make him too hot and get disgusted and shave it off.  :D

In all seriousness, as a compromise, there is a thing that exists called No-Shave November.  A lot of the guys at work like to do it.  They do it for a month, they have their fun, and then go back to normal.  There are two who do the full-on crazy beard all the time, though, and them I tease about them putting dwarf braids into their beards.

Oh gee, do not start me on Movember..... Yeurk. Ugliest month of the year, all these outgrown, unkempt beards. We even have fund raising during Movember and live music with a few guys at work who play instruments....

Fashion is really in the eye of the beholder.

I must admit, that I am quite glad my husband dislikes facial hair as much as I do.  It's not just the scratchy factor when kissing, either; I'm beard-blind.  For me, looking at a person with a full beard is like looking at someone with a mask over half their face.  I can't lock onto facial features and have more trouble reading their expressions, not to mention the fact that my facial recognition brain insists that I do not know what this person looks like.

I have similar issues with things like clown makeup and mascot costumes and the like.  The "humanoid person" part does not match up with the "but where is their face?" part.  It's a brain processing issue.  I have a 5-year-old niece with the same issue but even more pronounced - she is absolutely terrified of people in masks, as well as men with beards.

Two words: beard ninjas.

Oh gee, do not start me on Movember..... Yeurk. Ugliest month of the year, all these outgrown, unkempt beards. We even have fund raising during Movember and live music with a few guys at work who play instruments....

Three words: NaNoWriMo. Too busy.

;)

Two words: beard ninjas.

Three words: NaNoWriMo. Too busy.

;)

Beard ninjas!  This is it exactly! 

Seriously, I'm on basically the opposite end of the spectrum from being face-blind - I'm so facial recognition dependent that full beards just completely ruin everything.

I'm a half-breed, a mutt of mutts.

I've got ethnicitites commin' outta my ears, some of them really random, including the Canary Islands. No one can ever tell where I'm from, being brown skinned with racially ambiguous facial features. I lived with a guy who thought I was fully black for nearly 6 months...

The nice thing about it is I can be all things to all people. I'm a brutha when I'm with my black friends, a homie with my hispanic friends, and a really tan white guy with my white friends. Just kidding, I don't look white at all, despite it making up half of my genetic info. I had to convince my coworker that I was actually more Scottish than he was. 

Besides my abiguous race, I'm average height, average build, average weight. I blend in just about anywhere, which makes it easier when appropriating test subjects for Alley procedures. The one thing that makes me stick out is my Fro, which, not to brag, is kinda impressive. I plan to let it grow until it attacks somebody or tries to steal my keys, then I'll shave it and it'll grow back within a few months. It's kind of unstoppable. Great for holding spikes though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tall.

Like, really, really, really tall. No, I don't play basketball. Yes, the weather is fine up here.  <_<

White.

Probably could use a diet. :P

Brown hair.

Eyes that are just that one shade that makes it impossible to tell if I'd be lighteyed or darkeyed. Probably darkeyed.

Just out of curiosity.... how tall are you, exactly? 

I'm a white, 6'3" girl who also does NOT play basketball. ;)  I have five brothers who are all over 6'7". That's why I ask....

Just out of curiosity.... how tall are you, exactly? 

I'm a white, 6'3" girl who also does NOT play basketball. ;)  I have five brothers who are all over 6'7". That's why I ask....

6' 7" last I checked. Though I may be 6' 8" now...

It's all that added hormones in chicken, I tells ya! It's creating a race of giants! :P

You don't know the half of it....One of my brothers is 7' and one of my sisters is just an inch shorter than me! It's actually quite humorous watching people's reactions when our whole family goes to a restaurant...  :P

Something must be seriously wrong with me then, because I love chicken and I'm not even 5'5. :(

There's pros and cons to either.... trust me.... finding enormous shoe sizes is not exactly fun. (or cheap  <_< ) Not to mention my brothers have bruises on their foreheads from running into door frames...they've gotten pretty good at ducking, though. :P

You don't know the half of it....One of my brothers is 7' and one of my sisters is just an inch shorter than me! It's actually quite humorous watching people's reactions when our whole family goes to a restaurant...  :P

Sounds like you could have a lot of fun with that! Booming "Fee-fi-foo-fum", refusing to be served by waiters named David, complaining that "these puny human portions are not sufficient to sate the hunger of a race of warriors!" The possibilities are endless!

Something must be seriously wrong with me then, because I love chicken and I'm not even 5'5. :(

Must be hippy, all-natural, organic chicken! That, and you can blame your parents. Apparently the Dutch are the tallest people in the world, so you could yell "Why couldn't at least one of you have been from the Netherlands?! Did you even think about how that would affect me?" before you leave in a huff and slam the front door. 

Edited by Orlion

Sounds like you could have a lot of fun with that! Booming "Fee-fi-foo-fum", refusing to be served by waiters named David, complaining that "these puny human portions are not sufficient to sate the hunger of a race of warriors!" The possibilities are endless!

LOL I think I might do this actually! My nickname back in high school was "Viking Princess", believe it or not. :rolleyes:

I'm mostly Scandinavian, and I'm only 5'6''. Of course, people keep telling me that's pretty tall, but just about every family member I have (other than my short older sisters) is taller than me. So I feel short. I'm also Celtic, which is awesome. Scotland is cool.

I decided to post a real "What do you look like" thing. So, like I said, 5'6''. Blonde. No, I'm not dumb, or at least I like to think I'm not. Tan for a Washingtonian, laughably white for all the Mexicans around here. I am, unfortunately, a human being (I almost wrote the Hero of Ages, which I am, but it would've blown my cover). So... yep.

Washington? Mexicans? Where are you? If you don't mind. And we're all human beings, so you're no more unfortunate than the rest of us. :)

On another note, if you scoured hard enough, you could probably find my picture somewhere around here. :ph34r:

You people are so tall  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

I am 5'5" and I am considered "above average". With my heels on, I nearly as tall as many guys are work  :o My husband is 6'0" and is considered tall: most guys over here are more around 5'9"-5'11".... I have a few colleagues above the 6'0" and they literally tower on everybody...

We must be small people....

You people are so tall  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

I am 5'5" and I am considered "above average". With my heels on, I nearly as tall as many guys are work  :o My husband is 6'0" and is considered tall: most guys over here are more around 5'9"-5'11".... I have a few colleagues above the 6'0" and they literally tower on everybody...

We must be small people....

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 5'6".  I often think that my 6'2" husband just misses perfection by being about 4 inches too tall.  I hate to have to crane my neck for kisses. :)

Edited by Kaymyth

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 5'6".  I often think that my 6'2" husband just misses perfection by being about 4 inches too tall.  I hate to have to crane my neck for kisses. :)

My husband has the perfect height: I can nestled my head right into his shoulder, which is just great  :)

I feel you...  <_< I do love Utah but storms if it doesn't get hot here in the summer.

Don't complain. I envy your weather: never having to worry if you'll get a summer. I thought Utah had lovely weather: so warm. 

Don't complain. I envy your weather: never having to worry if you'll get a summer. I thought Utah had lovely weather: so warm.

GIVE ME WHEREVER YOU LIVE. WILL WORK FOR COLD.

I don't even know when I had my last snowball fight...

"Do you wanna build a snowman? Well too bad we're in a big drought!"

GIVE ME WHEREVER YOU LIVE. WILL WORK FOR COLD.

I don't even know when I had my last snowball fight...

"Do you wanna build a snowman? Well too bad we're in a big drought!"

Be careful about what you wish for....

I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada : the one horrible tiny little spot where temperature has globally went DOWN. 

Here, the coldest winter in 115 YEARS. Sight.

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/national/201502/27/01-4848208-fevrier-2015-le-mois-le-plus-froid-en-115-ans.php

See the map below, see, see, SEE where the ONLY place in the entire world where weather has gone down is over here???

971071-quebec-rares-endroits-janvier-fut

Here again, the wonderful and amazing polar vortex, which translated itself by 2 MONTHS of temperatures below -20degC. Even now in June, we are struggling to have summer worthy weather.

post-44-0-31182200-1413536764_thumb.jpg

I was quite tickled by how much my LEGO avatar came out looking like me - it's probably around the right height too as I am a comparatively titchy 5'3.5 (and, yes, the half counts.) The only difference is I'm somewhat fluffier than my minifigure mini-me which I mind but my kids don't. Squishy cuddles are a good thing, they tell me.

And I'm completely English, right down to loving the drizzly, mizzly dampness that passes for summer round these parts. (There must be some Celtic somewhere to explain my freckles and my son's red hair). I don't do hot weather at all - I don't tan. I just turn red and then my skin peels off - yep, quintessentially English.

I am white, freckly, brown hair with blondish-green tips (used to be blue, but oh well), gray-green-blue eyes, normally pretty pale but tan skin as of now because I was dragged to the pool last week, 5'6" I think? Haven't checked in a while. For all I know I'm 5'8", I live in Florida and love the warm weather as long as it stays a low humidity, (though it usually doesn't)and I think that's about it. :)

Edited by The Honor Spren