Spoilers: Cosmere Power Rankings

I thought it might be fun to try and make a list ranking the Cosmere characters by level of power.
If you guys want to, just leave a list of who you think are the most powerful characters.
Your list can be as long or as short as you like.
Any published Cosmere book or novella character can be used. Also, I think we should base these off of the most recent that we have seen of the character. As well, since we are using the most recent we have seen of each character, put a spoiler warning if you think anything is too spoilery.
If anything is wrong in the main list, just tell me.
Finally, if you have any suggestions on how to make this better, please tell me.
Since Brandon Sanderson has stated that Harmony is the most powerful Cosmere character right now...

1. Harmony
2. Odium
3. Endowment
4. Cultivation
5. Bavadin's Shard
6. Unnamed Shard
7. Unnamed Shard
8. Unnamed Shard
9. Unnamed Shard
10. Unnamed Shard
11. Survival Shard
12. Splintered Honor
13. Splintered Devotion
14. Splintered Dominion
15. Splintered and Unnamed Shard
16. Hoid
17. The Lord Ruler
18. Nightwatcher
19. Stormfather
20. Susebron

Edited by KamorianKandra

Hoid has to be no. 2 right?? We know that he has more then one magic system at his disposal and the fact that he is so old (or has at least been around for a long time) should make him worldly(Cosmerely) wise. He is probably a good fighter as well.

The Cosmere started with 16 Shards, of which at least 3 have been Splintered, and 2 have joined into one.  Which means we have ~12 intact Shards left.  Harmony is clearly the most powerful known, as it's a two-in-one.  Odium was the cause of Splintering 3 of them, which is a pretty big deal.  

Below Shards we'd have Slivers (The Lord Ruler) and powerful spren (Stormfather, the Unmade).  

Next category would be Mistborn/Feruchamists (someone who is both).  

Then we get into the wobbly category!  The greatest single expression of magic-users on a planet--ie, Elantrians in Elantris, Mistborn with full metals, Radiants with plenty of Stormlight, Feruchamist with lots of full and interesting metalminds, etc.

So, it'd probably look something like:

1: Harmony

2: Odium

3-12: Every other Shard

13-26ish: TLR, Stormfather, Nightwatcher, all the Unmade

27: Hoid

28: I don't know of any Mistborn/Feruchamist combos besides TLR.  But if they exist, they go here.

29: Kelsier, Vin, full-power Raoden, the Heralds, etc.

30: Your full-metal mistings, low-Light Radiants, out-of-place Elantrians, low-metal Mistborn, etc.

The Cosmere started with 16 Shards, of which at least 3 have been Splintered, and 2 have joined into one.  Which means we have ~12 intact Shards left.  Harmony is clearly the most powerful known, as it's a two-in-one.  Odium was the cause of Splintering 3 of them, which is a pretty big deal.  

Below Shards we'd have Slivers (The Lord Ruler) and powerful spren (Stormfather, the Unmade).  

Then we get into the wobbly category!  The greatest single expression of magic-users on a planet--ie, Elantrians in Elantris, Mistborn with full metals, Radiants with plenty of Stormlight, Feruchamist with lots of full and interesting metalminds, etc.

28: I don't know of any Mistborn/Feruchamist combos besides TLR.  But if they exist, they go here.

30: Your full-metal mistings, low-Light Radiants, out-of-place Elantrians, low-metal Mistborn, etc.

Do we know which shards, other than Honor, have been splintered?

Devotion and Dominion from Sel.

I'd say that Elantrians likely rank a bit higher than Radiants who in turn are probably above normal Mistborn and about on par with Lerasium Mistborn.

Honor, Devotion, Dominion, and one other unamed Shard were all splintered by Odium.

He killed at least a fourth of the pantheon by himself.

I've always been rather curious as to how he killed both Devotion and Dominion when they were both in the same planet and logic says they would have tried to kill him together. Maybe Odium and Dominion had a deal at first to get rid of Devotion and then Odium betrayed him, maybe Bavadin helped, who knows.

Still makes me wonder why he would take the risk instead of going after someone like Endowment, who we know for a fact is alone. The only thing I can think of is he wanted to eliminate them personally so they wouldn't fuse like Harmony eventually did. If that's the case the going to Roshar to deal with Honor and Cultivation makes a ton of sense. He would rather face two shards at once then a fusion of the two. I wouldn't be surprised if the unknown shard he Splintered also came from a planet with multiple ones. He's scared of Harmony so there's know way he'll risk another one showing up.

Honor, Devotion, Dominion, and one other unamed Shard were all splintered by Odium.

He killed at least a fourth of the pantheon by himself.

I've always been rather curious as to how he killed both Devotion and Dominion when they were both in the same planet and logic says they would have tried to kill him together. Maybe Odium and Dominion had a deal at first to get rid of Devotion and then Odium betrayed him, maybe Bavadin helped, who knows.

Still makes me wonder why he would take the risk instead of going after someone like Endowment, who we know for a fact is alone. The only thing I can think of is he wanted to eliminate them personally so they wouldn't fuse like Harmony eventually did. If that's the case the going to Roshar to deal with Honor and Cultivation makes a ton of sense. He would rather face two shards at once then a fusion of the two. I wouldn't be surprised if the unknown shard he Splintered also came from a planet with multiple ones. He's scared of Harmony so there's know way he'll risk another one showing up.

Depending on the Shard, the ability/willingness to kill another Shard seems to be limited. Odium has little to no compunction with killing Shards and shattering them, though there seems to be a way to limit him (as Honor said and figured out). Could be that Devotion and Dominion are incapable of killing a shard (kinda like how Ruin and Preservation could not kill each other).

I think you're right that he is more concerned with Shards that decide to hang out with each other then those who hang out alone. He knows that the Bearer of the Shards can be killed and that, theoretically, one person could pick up both Shards... a fear justified with Harmony. 

Endowment, and other lone Shards, will become less powerful as the Invest themselves into their worlds/Splinter themselves (incidentally, if Devotion and Dominion Splintered themselves enough, they may have been considerably weaker, even together, to take on Odium).

Given their opposing Intents (Not completely opposed like Ruin and Preservation but still certainly conflicting) I always assumed Odium just played them off against each other and then swept in while both were weakened.

The God King of Halladren should go somewhere close to TLR, and so should nightblood. And Hoid should be highter than that

Devotion and Dominion from Sel.

I'd say that Elantrians likely rank a bit higher than Radiants who in turn are probably above normal Mistborn and about on par with Lerasium Mistborn.

Not sure if you guys are replying entirely to me, but I'll respond as if you are!  Because I generally assume everything is about me anyway :)

For me, at least, I was trying to group people into similar magnitudes of power.  While there is definitely a difference in overall power from an Elantrian in Elantris vs a normal Mistborn, it's not nearly as much as the difference between the next scale up/down on the list.

I don't know much about the God King of Halladren, and honestly forgot about him, but it may very well make sense for him to be on the same power-level magnitude as TLR--else probably on the Mistborn/Feruchamist combo.  I wasn't sure where to place the Heralds, because we hear about how amazing they are--but what we've seen really doesn't match up.  They may also belong on that line.  

I'd say Nightblood is same level as Stormfather, and super-shame on me for not mentioning it before.

If I may, I'd like to suggest this be moved to Cosmere Theories, or at least marked with spoilers.

I'm pretty sure Hoid is canonically the most powerful non-Shard in the Cosmere.*

My question with this is, does that include Slivers and powerful/unique spren like the Stormfather and Nightblood?  Because I could see it going either way, really.

Vin was a sliver too, wasn't she?

Vin was a sliver too, wasn't she?

Vin is...complicated :)

Until this can get moved to Cosmere Theories, spoiler tags!

Mistborn Spoilers.  Big ones.  

For most of the books, Vin is a hemalurgically enhanced full Mistborn (through her earring).  She becomes a Sliver.  And for a little bit, she's also the Shardholder of Preservation.  In my ranking scheme, I have her as we see her for the vast majority of the story.  It makes more sense to have Sazed listed as Harmony, even though this doesn't happen until the end, because he's still alive at that point and Vin isn't.

The Cosmere is filled with characters who are too eager to change. Too eager to become something they're not. Oh, they might hold out for a page or two, but a few convincing words from Shallan and they'll become something they never wanted to be. And for what? To "serve"? Do any of these things ask themselves what they're serving, and is it worth it

No. 

None but Stick. 

Some might see Stick's refusal to change as an act of defiance. The last terrible thing to happen to Shallan on a very terrible day. To that, I say Bah! And also You're wrong. Because what Stick did? He wasn't defiant. He wasn't mean. He simply told the truth: 

I am a stick.

Again and again, Stick repeated the truth. I am a stick. I am a stick. I am a stick.

Within those words, we see a spirit that refuses to bend. A soul that knows who and what it is. A being that doesn't need to defy anyone, but must simply say, again and again, what it is. To tell others that it is content as it is, and no amount of desperate persuasion will convince it to change. A soul that is content simply to be.

Thank you, Stick. You're an inspiration to us all.

This is so beautiful. It has inspired me to display my respect for Stick through short poem.

I am a stick.

True to my race.

Unmoved by bribes.

Firm against lying tongues.

Without malice.

Simple in disposition.

Unchanging and steadfast.

Rigid in purpose.

Ages come,

Desolations pass,

Kingdoms fall,

And through it all:

I am a stick.

This is so beautiful. It has inspired me to display my respect for Stick through short poem.

I am a stick.

True to my race.

Unmoved by bribes.

Firm against lying tongues.

Without malice.

Simple in disposition.

Unchanging and steadfast.

Rigid in purpose.

Ages come,

Desolations pass,

Kingdoms fall,

And through it all:

I am a stick.

This comment might sound sarcastic, but I am very serious.

Poems don't really 'do' anything for me.  Language does, though.  And rhythm.  And patterns.  What I love about your poem is that there is absolutely no rhyme scheme to it at all (except for the third and fourth lines of second stanza), and yet there's a very definite rhythm that is mostly constant, as well as pleasing.

Language is really neat and cool and you've something interesting with it...which I guess is what poetry is sort of about...about something silly, which makes me happy.  (I like silly things.  I am silly just to be silly.  My stabby-sister has stabby-stabbed me a few times because of this.  Usually with knitting needles.  Once with a knife, but it was an accident that she actually got me that time.  I'm rambling now.)  

Anyway, it's been really hard for me to avoid giving unsolicited editing advice regarding your poem (which, again, I happen to like your poem, and unsolicited editing advice is basically the worst), so I am going to just stop typing now.

I'm going to argue that odium is number one, not harmony. 

harmony has the most 'raw power', but odium is far older, and has far more tricks up his sleeve. He has more experience in shard to shard combat, is capable of destroying shards (which ruin didn't seem to know how to do). Its hinted he may have been involved in whatever happened to aldonosium. In a fight between the two, my money is on odium.

Also, if we have four splintered shards, aren't their 11 living shard bearers? because harmony has two?

So far as we know, Ruin couldn't splinter Preservation because their situation was unique, as being complete polar opposites. Maybe to splinter Preservation he would have to splinter himself, since their powers oppose one another automaticaly. Also, we don't really know how shard to shard combat works, aside from Ruin versus Preservation, wich is a unique case. Perhaps it varies so much from shard to shard that experience isn't of much use. Perhaps in three hundred years Sazed learned enough to be able to use his powers with mastery, and there is some cap about how much you can learn that makes his and Rayse's finesse with their powers very close. The only obvious weakness Harmony has is forcing its holder into non-intervention.

I'm going to argue that odium is number one, not harmony. 

harmony has the most 'raw power', but odium is far older, and has far more tricks up his sleeve. He has more experience in shard to shard combat, is capable of destroying shards (which ruin didn't seem to know how to do). Its hinted he may have been involved in whatever happened to aldonosium. In a fight between the two, my money is on odium.

Also, if we have four splintered shards, aren't their 11 living shard bearers? because harmony has two?

Actually, Brandon Sanderson himself has stated that Harmony is the most powerful entity in the Cosmere.