I had a nightmare yesterday, I was like a character in a horror movie, and I acted just as stupid as one, I mean if I see a person with grey skin and black eyes and I run in the opposite direction, but no, in the dream I just began to talk with her.Well to sum up there was some kind of homicidal shades who were sealed in a house, I ended up released them and they murdered all the human race.I still feel guilty.

10 hours ago, Briar King said:

Has anyone an exp in getting to the "Astral Realm"? I'm trying to figure out if what I did last night was a typical Lucid dream or that. It was strange.

Have you tried burning atium with duraluminum?

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed I went to Turkey for some reason that wasn't made clear in the dream, but I knew it was important....and somehow connected to a book written by an Iraqi girl about how the current government wouldn't let her eat her favorite cookies. I realized at the airport that I forgot my passport. Not just forgot to bring it--no, forgot to get one at all. Yet it was somehow okay? Nobody checked, and when I got to Turkey I kept wondering if my lack of passport would be a problem when I tried to return to the US. 

I don't think my subconscious realizes how the world works. :huh:

So a conversation with a friend today reminded me of a dream I had of my mother when I was 12.

Um, so a few men break into our house, I'm eating dinner, and they walk into the living room garbed in weird robes and wielding sickles.

Then they say "The debt must be paid" and cut off the arms of my mother who was eating dinner with me on the couch :wacko:

And I was watching it all happen, frozen in shock. Then as the arms hit the floor in a bloody mess, I think I woke up then.

On 4/14/2017 at 7:46 PM, Briar King said:

Has anyone an exp in getting to the "Astral Realm"? I'm trying to figure out if what I did last night was a typical Lucid dream or that. It was strange.

I'll do some research and get back to you.^_^

22 hours ago, Briar King said:

Don't be hating! Lol

No, I'm serious! I was willing to do a vampire/vampyre thing for @Oversleep, and I've been meaning to get into Astral projection for a while now. I'm building up quite a fascination for the occult and/or pagan religious practices and mythology.^_^

If you want someone who might already know about it, you could ask @Kaymyth. I'm not sure if astral projection is covered in ancient Egyptian paganism, but I'd still trust what she has to say on the subject.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Grammar fix

Here is one of the videos I watched. It's kinda weird but if you watch the steps he talks about I got the 1st one where you "sink" into your bed and I definitely felt the buzzing sensation.

my vision was double and unclear in shades of blue and black but I could tell that I was in my room and I flew down my street. I kept trying to clear my eyes of the double vision and snapped awake doing so. I've had no luck repeating as of yet. It was strange.

I had a dream the other night that I was reading Oathbringer, and Kaladin, Dalinar, Adolin and Shallan were trekking through some sort of endless desert trying to escape the Everstorm. Eventually the storm caught up with them and Shallan and Adolin were killed, forcing Dalinar and Kaladin to keep fleeing on their own. I remember being shocked at this turn of events but also resigned, because I had heard somewhere that Oathbringer would have major character deaths. I told my dad about the dream the next day and wasn't comforted by his reply: "That sounds likely, from the way things were going earlier."

• 2 weeks later...

So... the past few days, I've been doing a day shift at work. That's shift starts at 6am, so I tend to sleep poorly; I keep thinking I'll sleep in, run late, and so forth. Tonight is a night shift, so you'd think that I'd finally get a restful night, right?

...OR. Maybe I'll end up having a nightmare where I not only sleep in, I fall asleep at work and through my entire shift. YES, THANK YOU BRAIN, I'LL HAVE OPTION B.

10 minutes ago, Quiver said:

So... the past few days, I've been doing a day shift at work. That's shift starts at 6am, so I tend to sleep poorly; I keep thinking I'll sleep in, run late, and so forth. Tonight is a night shift, so you'd think that I'd finally get a restful night, right?

...OR. Maybe I'll end up having a nightmare where I not only sleep in, I fall asleep at work and through my entire shift. YES, THANK YOU BRAIN, I'LL HAVE OPTION B.

Would you like fries with that?

• 4 weeks later...

I had a nightmare that my chorus teacher (who I do not like) came after me and laughed at me evilly when I said I didn't want to do the musical next year. I don't really feel like discussing the complex stuff that goes on in my music department, but essentially I decided I couldn't deal with the musicals at my school any more. It's just not fun. I'm talented, but I'm disliked, and therefore I don't get good roles. So this dream was fairly disturbing for me, because boycotting the musical next year was going to be my form of protest. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just had a really weird dream. I was on a band trip. While we were stopped for lunch, a Tesla slammed into the side of the empty bus. I had thought it to be a drunk college student. While we were loading stuff onto the new bus, I kept getting lost, and eventually lost all my stuff. Then my dad showed up for some reason. It was the most vivid dream I've had in a long time, in that it was the only one I actually remember anything afterwards.

Do you ever have those moments where something physically happens to you in a dream/daydream and your body feels like it actually happened to you, or your body reacts as if it happened to you?

That happened to me yesterday. We were driving to the doctor's office, and I was in that half asleep/half awake state and daydreamed that I stubbed my toe against something, and my entire body jumped a little in reaction that. It was so weird.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Do you ever have those moments where something physically happens to you in a dream/daydream and your body feels like it actually happened to you, or your body reacts as if it happened to you?

That happened to me yesterday. We were driving to the doctor's office, and I was in that half asleep/half awake state and daydreamed that I stubbed my toe against something, and my entire body jumped a little in reaction that. It was so weird.

You've been to Tel'aran'rhiod? :o

1 minute ago, Silverblade5 said:

You've been to Tel'aran'rhiod? :o

Okay, I haven't read WoT (didn't even know about it until I discovered Sanderson), but I did a quick search about this, and I'm not quite sure if what I did applies....