On 3/18/2017 at 8:13 AM, Gargoyle said:

One of my favourite dreams was the one where I died in a car crash and turned into a vampire, went to the hospital, and screwed with the nurses by sometimes having a heartbeat and sometimes not so they weren't sure if I was alive or dead. It was quite funny, as I recall. Then my friend's sister showed up and I convinced her to help me escape, and also use her as a feeding source (my dreams often dive into rather odd logistic details one normally wouldn't think about in a dream).

Being a vampire is a recurring thing in my dreams. Usually I end up biting someone either in self-defense or for revenge, but it's like my subconscious knows I'm not really a vampire because my dream-self doesn't usually manage to actually draw any blood. XD

On 3/18/2017 at 8:13 AM, Gargoyle said:

Also, I dream in third person.

Sometimes I do too. Not always, but sometimes.

6 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

My brain decided to film its own MCR music videos last night. :mellow: 

awww cool. What happened in them?

I for one, actually got to sleep last night (huzzah!) ....and dreamt I was a homicidal ninja bee....

Edited by Darkness Ascendant
In relation to my other post, I just realised how weird that sounded,,,

Today I started to learn how to fly on Steelpushes. Had trouble aiming it properly and balancing but it was a start.

Before that there was something about wearing mistcloaks being looked down upon in modern society but I decided to rust the conventions and wear one anyway.

I think that was my first cosmere dream. Well, there was one before where I was shooting coins but that doesn't count since there were also Aliens and it was all in a cross between Pacman and Bastion.

Edited by Oversleep

I had some odd dreams the past two nights.

Two nights ago, I dreamed that I found two pairs of Great Horned Owls nesting in the same tree about five feet away from each other like friendly neighbors. Owls don't do that. They're super territorial during breeding season. But these two owl families were friendly as could be, and each one had two fuzzy adorable owlets that were almost ready to fledge.

Last night I dreamed that my mom had taken up the habit of smoking cigarettes, and that was utterly bizarre because that's something my mom would never do in a million years. My dream-self got downright furious when I found out. I started yelling at her, batted the cigarette out of her hand, and stomped it on the ground.

Later that same night, I dreamed that I was visiting a friend who had installed a bird feeder in her living room. (She hasn't done this IRL, only in the dream.) She kept one window partially open all the time so that the birds could come inside and get to the feeder, and I watched one cute little wren perch on the windowsill before going and pecking at the suet.

15 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Later that same night, I dreamed that I was visiting a friend who had installed a bird feeder in her living room. (She hasn't done this IRL, only in the dream.) She kept one window partially open all the time so that the birds could come inside and get to the feeder, and I watched one cute little wren perch on the windowsill before going and pecking at the suet.

Now half of me wants to do this, but the other half is all 'what the figgins no that's stupid.'

2 minutes ago, A Budgie said:

Now half of me wants to do this, but the other half is all 'what the figgins no that's stupid.'

Trust me, you don't want wild birds flying around in your living room. We had a wren find his way in through a slightly open window once (that's probably where this dream came from too), and it was a nightmare trying to usher him out again.

32 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Trust me, you don't want wild birds flying around in your living room. We had a wren find his way in through a slightly open window once (that's probably where this dream came from too), and it was a nightmare trying to usher him out again.

Exactly. The idea sounds adorable, but I know it'd just be trouble.

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

For the second or third time now, I've had a nightmare in which I'm back at school and Trump is the school principal

Haaaalp. 

Go light some candles, draw a pentagram in the middle of a room with white chalk and summon Satan.

God has forsaken us.

--------------------------------------

I, for one, have recently discovered that I daydream alot more than dream at night.

My dreams are usually a little on the dark side. Once I dreamed that I was escaping a sinking ship. I was climbing up these jagged black cliffs, looking down periodically to see my ship crumbling away in a river, but the river was made of smoke. When I climbed onto a small plateau, I noticed that there were ravens perched all along the sides of the cliffs--thousands of them--staring down at me. Three of them landed in front of me, and they started cawing, leading all of the other ravens to do the same. They grew louder and louder until I thought my ears were going to bleed, and then suddenly all of them united into one deep, demonic voice saying "he is coming for your soul, he will devour your soul" over and over again. 

The night before that, I dreamed I was getting up and following my morning routine as normal. I looked in the mirror and noticed a little black speck on my cheek. I thought maybe I had rolled over onto something in my sleep, so I picked it off my face and realized that it was attached, and that was just the tip. I watched the mirror in horror as I drew out an oily black root from my cheek.

The night before that one, I dreamed I had maggots burrowing into my gums.

I have no idea why those dreams were happening back-to-back like that, but needless to say, it was a restless few nights. Lol

I once had one of the creepiest dreams ever. It was one of those dreams that you don't really take part in, you just kind of watch.

It starts out with this family that just moved into a really creepy old house. There was a mother, father, sixteen year old daughter, and a six year old daughter. They were all really book- obsessed, and the new house had a massive library. There was just this one really old book that the girls weren't allowed to read. One day, the little sister came to the older sister with the book. She said she had tried to read it, but, as it turns out, the book was completely blank. 

Then really weird things start happening. The older sister is taking a shower, and all of a sudden the faucet starts running blood. At another point, there is a large thunderstorm. Lightning strikes, briefly illuminating a dark figure in the older sister's doorway. Then, this kid falls down a well and says that a small, grey creature covered in tattoos pushed him down.

Then the parents start going crazy. I don't remember anything they did specifically, but I know it was really scary. The parents eventually tried to kill the older sister, so she ran away with her younger sister. It was no use, though. No matter where they went, the parents somehow found them, always rambling on about someone they called "the Mistress"

After a while, the older sister finds words written in black ink all over her sister's arms and legs. As it turns out, the book that she opened wasn't blank; the ink just somehow went inside of her. She was the tattooed creature that pushed the boy down the well. 

The parents and the little sister were all facing the older sister, and about to fight. And then I woke up. 

I REALLY wanted to know how that one ended.

1 hour ago, Riversong said:

I once had one of the creepiest dreams ever. It was one of those dreams that you don't really take part in, you just kind of watch.

It starts out with this family that just moved into a really creepy old house. There was a mother, father, sixteen year old daughter, and a six year old daughter. They were all really book- obsessed, and the new house had a massive library. There was just this one really old book that the girls weren't allowed to read. One day, the little sister came to the older sister with the book. She said she had tried to read it, but, as it turns out, the book was completely blank. 

Then really weird things start happening. The older sister is taking a shower, and all of a sudden the faucet starts running blood. At another point, there is a large thunderstorm. Lightning strikes, briefly illuminating a dark figure in the older sister's doorway. Then, this kid falls down a well and says that a small, grey creature covered in tattoos pushed him down.

Then the parents start going crazy. I don't remember anything they did specifically, but I know it was really scary. The parents eventually tried to kill the older sister, so she ran away with her younger sister. It was no use, though. No matter where they went, the parents somehow found them, always rambling on about someone they called "the Mistress"

After a while, the older sister finds words written in black ink all over her sister's arms and legs. As it turns out, the book that she opened wasn't blank; the ink just somehow went inside of her. She was the tattooed creature that pushed the boy down the well. 

The parents and the little sister were all facing the older sister, and about to fight. And then I woke up. 

I REALLY wanted to know how that one ended.

O_o The Darkhold is invading your dreams!!

Had a weird one last night, or the night before last, I can't remember at the moment.

My son (he's 5) and I were spending the night in…I think it was a room in my Grandpa's house, but for some reason we had a tent and a campfire and stuff in there.  I was trying to figure out how to make it a really rugged experience for him, and somehow I decided we should get a pig (a small one), butcher it, cut it up, and cook it ourselves.  In that room.  Which apparently my brain realized made it absurd to have a campfire in, so we were just going to use a little camp stove (and yes, my brain registered and yelled at me several times that the gas buildup from a propane stove would be a horrible idea in a small room, and yet my mind didn't edit that part out).

So we go get this little pig, which looked somewhat…cartoonish? But still very much a pig, and I took a knife, and had a very gory few minutes of (spoiler for the gore)

Spoiler

slitting the pig's throat and then trying to cut the head all the way off because it wouldn't die. After a while, I finally managed it, then we gutted the pig and chopped up the relevant bits into basically cubes of pork.

Then, we cooked up our meat, and got ready to eat, and my mind suddenly jolted me and I got super scared, because I'd forgotten something:

My wife is vegetarian.

And my son is for now too (we'll let him decide at some point if he wants to eat meat, with full knowledge of what it is, but since I'm not vegetarian, without a specific judgment either way).

And my wife would be pissed at me if I just fed him pork without clearing it with her first and making sure he understood.  I had been talking it through with him while we were cutting it up, and in fact, I did have a real-life (non-dream) conversation with him about a similar topic last week, which is doubtless where this came from, but I decided I couldn't feed it to him that night.  So instead, we left and had sandwiches.

And that was it.

Bizarre.

Last night I dreamed that my parents bought me a ukulele. No idea why they would do that. So I was sitting there trying to tune it except the strings kept falling off, and it had no frets, and I'm 100% sure I was holding the neck wrong with my left hand.

I just had a 5 hour nap heh.

I was having this adorable dream, about a child and they're grandparent having a conversation

about the pursuit of happiness

and then my parents and sisters came into my room, turning on the light, as if the concept of me sleeping is one so hard to fathom that they have the need to see it for their own eyes, and even then, to spend a little time realising the reality

They broke the dream :)

and I can't remember anything :) 

3 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I just had a 5 hour nap heh.

I was having this adorable dream, about a child and they're grandparent having a conversation

about the pursuit of happiness

and then my parents and sisters came into my room, turning on the light, as if the concept of me sleeping is one so hard to fathom that they have the need to see it for their own eyes, and even then, to spend a little time realising the reality

They broke the dream :)

and I can't remember anything :) 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your family came into your room and turned on the light, not to wake you up, but to watch you sleep...? :blink: