The Lord Ruler had children

Chaos

And in this scenario, are his descendants named Sazed, Wax, and Wayne?

I highly doubt Sazed is a descendant of TLR. Wax and/or Wayne could be, but even then, not necessarily. However, we know TLR has descendants alive in Era 2, and that there are many of them. As for how relevant they are to the plot of Era 2, I'm very skeptical.

I highly doubt Sazed is a descendant of TLR. Wax and/or Wayne could be, but even then, not necessarily. However, we know TLR has descendants alive in Era 2, and that there are many of them. As for how relevant they are to the plot of Era 2, I'm very skeptical.

That's exactly my point and I am in agreement regarding relevancy. By being his children before his ascension they would not have any particularly special abilities, and in fact possibly could not even be feruchemists. Then through breeding with the general population over the Lord Ruler's tenure, plus the 300 years after that, there could be 100s of people in the general population with 1% lord ruler DNA in them that does absolutely nothing different than any other person lol. 

That's exactly my point and I am in agreement regarding relevancy. By being his children before his ascension they would not have any particularly special abilities, and in fact possibly could not even be feruchemists. Then through breeding with the general population over the Lord Ruler's tenure, plus the 300 years after that, there could be 100s of people in the general population with 1% lord ruler DNA in them that does absolutely nothing different than any other person lol. 

Well if they were from pre-Ascension then they definitely can't be feruchemists. Otherwise they'd be mistwraiths, which makes it pretty unlikely that their children would be any more feruchemists than any other Terris children.

Well if they were from pre-Ascension then they definitely can't be feruchemists. Otherwise they'd be mistwraiths, which makes it pretty unlikely that their children would be any more feruchemists than any other Terris children.

So there you go. Descendants of the Lord Ruler no more special than the next guy lol. 

• Chaos locked this topic