The Lord Ruler had children

Chaos

Uh. I barely even thought about the possible implications of Rashek having children. I was mostly curious - like, genuine "oh, I wonder if" type of curiosity - when I asked about it. Now, of course, it is obvious to me that any offspring could be all sorts of interesting for the history of the Final Empire.

TLR... Lift is the Lord Ruler's child???

She's not turning food into Stormlight, she's burning the trace metals inside the food!!

(Obviously not... but still cool)

If Lutha indeed was the namesake for Luthadel, then shouldn't she be a pre-Ascension character? 

This would mean that she most likely was not the cause for him trying to give up the Final Empire. 

Technically we know very little about how Luthadel was named or founded.  With the Lord Ruler's power and control of history, it would have been simple to rename his capital.  We also know the early years were characterized by war, so it could be that it took some time before a formal capital city was founded.  

Your point is a good one though, and certainly suggests that either Lutha is not the name of the Lord Ruler's child, or if she was, then she existed pre-ascension.  Or, of course, their's a third possibility and neither of these things are true.  

So... this topic blew my mind enough that I asked in the AMA this morning, and I got an answer: http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/crwx3j1?context=3

Did the Lord Ruler's children have something to do with the Lord Ruler's plot to once "give up" in the Final Empire?

A: Yes.

So... this topic blew my mind enough that I asked in the AMA this morning, and I got an answer: http://www.reddit.com/r/books/comments/2ytg2h/im_novelist_brandon_sanderson_ama/crwx3j1?context=3

Did the Lord Ruler's children have something to do with the Lord Ruler's plot to once "give up" in the Final Empire?

A: Yes.

BOOYAH! My first confirmed theory! Woot!

Edited by Turos

A child of the Lord Ruler may have been let in on the Southern Hemisohere, may have been chased out by an angry papa, and may have had the theoretical training to get the Southern Continent up and running. I did read a WOB that the had some mistings in the Southern Continent. A child of the Lord Ruler would explain all of that. 

Probably not... but I kind of want to write a fanfiction about Lift stealing the Lord Ruler's dinner now. :lol:

Lift's skill at stealing food would enable her to become the ultimate Mistborn assassin.

"Well I have Atium, you shall never defeat me now! ......... Where'd my Atium go!?"

A child of the Lord Ruler may have been let in on the Southern Hemisohere, may have been chased out by an angry papa, and may have had the theoretical training to get the Southern Continent up and running. I did read a WOB that the had some mistings in the Southern Continent. A child of the Lord Ruler would explain all of that. 

The Mistings in the south are natural misting, they're far weaker and less common then the one's in the north who are descendant  from Lerasium Mistborn.

What if, because of how he rebuilt his body, his allomantic powers weren't inheritable? He would have beaten his kid(s) almost to death over and over again trying to make them Snap.

• 5 months later...

I know this is a slightly older thread- but, I can't seem to find anything regarding his "plan to give up the FE"... what is the prevailing theory regarding this? Did I totally miss something while reading? what was written in the book @ the signing?

Thanks all!