The Lord Ruler had children

Chaos

Wow. I honestly expected a RAFO on that one. That's um... yeah.

So the real question is was this before or after he became a Sliver? If it was after that'd definitely be interesting, firstly because it makes the highest likelihood of another fullborn, something he was deliberately trying to avoid. Was his plan originally to leave a dynasty instead of becoming an immortal tyrant?
Ah so many questions!!!

I wonder if this had anything to do with him almost getting rid of the Final Empire at one point.

Wish I knew how to search these reddit pages for WoBs...

That is a very interesting idea.

Are you searching for the "getting rid of the Final Empire" quote? Because that one isn't a Reddit one.

ermerfreakingerd - i think i just got the PTSD

awesome question ..but... why was it asked ???!!!

not only do we need to find out -before or after he took power ..but...

-how many kids

-male or female

-did the kid(s) survive

-who(?) did he reproduce(?) with

and -- if after he took power...

-which part of the world (southern?)

WOW

This might actually be why he started the breeding program in Terris in the first place. Some twinborn challengers who were also his children tried to go Zeus on his Cronos and he had to kill his own very powerful children. 
If he almost lost when that happened he would be pretty dead set on making sure it did not happen again I think.

Ha, maybe castrating every other male member of his race made him feel like he needed to compensate somehow.

Imagining him as a dad and husband while also and all powerful God King hilarious.

Wife: Dear you can't have Inquisitors babysit our one year old child.

LR: What why? There great with kids!

Wife:...

Kid:......

Ruin:........Dude, your a terrible father.

THat kid would grow up to be awsome

Me think: Is this relevant for the over-all-plot?

If yes, then there could be something in his next volumes - and we are going back to the LR - someone is looking after his relics.

Perhaps they don't want Mistborns, rather real Ferruchemics.

To the when and who:

Since there wasn't any gossip - before or in his starts as Lord Ruler is a good option.

He could have had an 'impact' on his nobility or this was the reason for the "breeding-program" for Terris.

A possibility is also this Terriswoman in Elantris - Hoid saving his child/children and hopping with them to Sel.

But back to Mistborn and who - if this should be a plotpoint, then is a living offspring the logical consequence - a descendant out of the first triology or - my first guess - Sazed.

Wouldn't it be nice - the real "HoA" is the descendant of the "would-be HoA"?

Me think: Is this relevant for the over-all-plot?

If yes, then there could be something in his next volumes - and we are going back to the LR - someone is looking after his relics.

Well, his bracers (which are now legendary artifacts called the Bands of Mourning) will be a major plot device in the third Era 2 book, so it's very likely we'll get more information about him there.

There are many cool possibilities as to what happened to Rashek's progeny. Your idea of Sazed being his descendant is pretty interesting. Or maybe Rashek is literally "Father" to one or more of the First Generation kandra.

Another possibility is that he sent his child/children to rule over the people of the south pole.

Or he may have killed them. Maybe even used them as sources of Hemalurgic charge.

Anyway, aside from the fact that his progeny has never been mentioned before, I really don't see much reason to be shocked by this news. It would have been more interesting if Brandon said Rashek had a child born after he started wearing his Hemalurgic atium bracers, since that may or may not have led to... complications.

Edited by skaa

I'm more on the train of thought that his child was killed (perhaps by his hand).  Having ANY living descendants would be pretty world breaking in the final empire (where allomancy and feruchemy are kept separate).  My guess is that if he had a kid before ascension, he had them turned into a Mistwraith.  If after (which would be more interesting) he perhaps had to kill the child himself to prevent a threat to his throne OR (on the other hand) perhaps the child was a part of his plan to give up the Final Empire (which Brandon wrote into my copy of Alloy of Law).  Maybe things went wrong in his attempt to create an heir, leading to his resignation to eternal dominance.  

I also love that 'Lutha' could be a daughter rather than a romantic partner.