why power wrought swords?

king of nowhere

This is a long time until now, so here goes:

Cuendillar would not protect against the True Power and any weaves made from it. It would fail. It is how the Cuendillar seals failed. The reason for this, is the True Power has side effects that ignores the rules of the world around it's channeled location.

Edited by Cosfan4472

On 1/10/2019 at 0:12 PM, Cosfan4472 said:

Cuendillar would not protect against the True Power and any weaves made from it. It would fail. It is how the Cuendillar seals failed. The reason for this, is the True Power has side effects that ignores the rules of the world around it's channeled location.

and how exactly would that make it worse than a regular armor?

even discounting that, if i understood graendal correctly, it takes a specific weave of the true power to destroy cuendillar, and it may not be fast.

of course a cuendillar breastplate and shield won't protect against a dedicated channeler, but i believe it's got to be more useful than a power-wrought sword anyway.

It depends on the True Power side effects. We saw what happened when Demandred created a shield on Taim. We saw it turned him into a sort of link with his ability to tap the True Power. The same with the fact that the True Power can control animals, but only rats and ravens give full control. These two things makes me think that there is more to why Cuendillar failed. Shai'tan does wear them down, but we saw both how abrupt it was when a seal failed and the amount of energy he had to exert to break the first, but was able to break them faster up till the final three seals remained. I suspect that in the War of Power the Cuendillar would fail quickly, since he had mostly a free hand until the Bore was resealed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 3:12 AM, Cosfan4472 said:

Cuendillar may not protect against True Power.  It did shatter the male collar.  We don't know the reason the seals failed.  They were weakened when the dark lord became stronger and had greater influence in the world.

The seals failed I assume because they were touching the true power, in the form of the dark one, directly so he really didn't have to do anything until wanted to, especially with Ishamael running around, more or less free.

On cuendillar armor, it wouldn't protect against deathgates or even normal gateways