Compliment the person above you!

So I've noticed that a fair share of people here struggle with various self-esteem issues, anxiety, depression etc. and while text on a screen can't solve chemical imbalances or serious medical issues, we can certainly help each other feel better about ourselves and make life somewhat easier.

So here's how it works: someone posts (and I'm not fishing here, we can totally start with the first person to reply). The next person compliments the person above them - and no shallow compliments either. We don't know what each other looks like so 'you have pretty eyes' is off, as is the bland 'you have a great personality'. Find something you genuinely like about that person and then give them a real, true compliment. Off-topic discussion can ensue, and I'm sure silliness will, but every single post has to compliment the person above or it gets a single downvote (is that within forum guidelines?)

No holding back guys. You've read this and are now obligated to post. Go for it!

You were the first person on the forum I learned the name of. Your posts always had a very distinctive wit to them--a sort of trademark humor that I learned to recognize immediately. You're funny, you're intelligent, you're a brilliant writer; I guess overall you're just Delightful in general. :)

Also, I'm sure you have pretty eyes. :P

You were the first person on the forum I learned the name of. Your posts always had a very distinctive wit to them--a sort of trademark humor that I learned to recognize immediately. You're funny, you're intelligent, you're a brilliant writer; I guess overall you're just Delightful in general. :)

You are a god here.

Silverblade, I haven't known you for terribly long but I can see you're pro-active and interested in improving 17th Shard. You have a lot of empathy for other people's problems, and you have the same wacky humour and unselfconsciousness to role play and make jokes and be goofy like everyone else here. :)

You were the first person on the forum I learned the name of........I guess overall you're just Delightful in general. :)

Wow. And I remember thinking "who's this Kobold dude coming in and stealing all the rep?" :P:)

I'm never gonna get away from that pun, am I?

I'm not saying that my eyes are purple with gold flecks, and I'm not saying that they turn light blue at certain times, but you may never know.

Edited by Delightful

Silverblade, I haven't known you for terribly long but I can see you're pro-active and interested in improving 17th Shard. You have a lot of empathy for other people's problems, and you have the same wacky humour and unselfconsciousness to role play and make jokes and be goofy like everyone else here. :)

Wow. And I remember thinking "who's this Kobold dude coming in and stealing all the rep?" :P:)

I'm never gonna get away from that pun, am I?

I'm not saying that my eyes are purple with gold flecks, and I'm not saying that they turn light blue at certain times, but you may never know.

Delightful, you're one of the nicest people I've met on the forums. I've never seen you get in an argument with anyone, and you've even started a thread where you compliment people. You're also hilarious!

So... Thanks!

You're currently one of my closest forum friends, and are a very good writer.

You, as it turns out, are way too nice, and give complements to people who don't deserve them.

Delightful, you're one of the nicest people I've met on the forums. I've never seen you get in an argument with anyone, and you've even started a thread where you compliment people. You're also hilarious!

So... Thanks!

I honestly have no idea who you are, or what you are like, but I am sure you are a great person, like everyone else here.:) Edited by Glamdring804

From what I've seen, Lark, you have a pretty annoying life at times. But in spite of all that, you keep on going and are one of my favorite posters on 17S (and your art is pretty storming amazing). :D

Slowswift, you are a very cool person, and have wonderful writing. I hope I'll eventually have better things to say that aren't so cliche

I haven't seen you around much but I noticed you were the one who started the Robin Williams tribute after that tragedy. You are a very kind person who was thinking of others and reached out to those who also felt the loss and wanted to share some memories. You are an awesome person, an awesome Sharder and if your profile page is to be believed you have an awesome taste in music. :)

The featured member project seems like it could be a lot of fun, which was entirely your idea, so... that was awesome. It's a pretty clever idea, and you should feel proud of thinking of it, and hosting it. raritywink.png

I wasn't my idea actually. It was a big thing on the Infinity Blade forum, and since I haven't seen anything like it in my time here, I decided to fix this problem and do something about it.

Edited by Silverblade5

I wasn't my idea actually. It was a big thing on the Infinity Blade forum, and since I haven't seen anything like it in my time here, I decided to fix this problem and do something about it.

In that case, let me offer another compliment: even if you didn't invent it, you were the one to import it (and, I am assuming, the rate the signature thread) idea(s) here. Furthermore, you joined both the Cosmere Pack and the Knight's Awkward, which is cool.

I don't know you personally, which is a shame; I like knowing people, in general, btu I hope I can get to know you.

In that case, let me offer another compliment: even if you didn't invent it, you were the one to import it (and, I am assuming, the rate the signature thread) idea(s) here. Furthermore, you joined both the Cosmere Pack and the Knight's Awkward, which is cool.

I don't know you personally, which is a shame; I like knowing people, in general, btu I hope I can get to know you.

You're a kind person, and I'm very glad you didn't take the opportunity to accuse me of plagiarism. I hope we can become good friends sometime down the line. Fun Fact: The creator of the original FFM thread was a member named Grantnoe, who is probably among my closest friends, especially on that forum. He is currently known as the ultimate IB Fan.

Elsa, you have an awesome sense of humour and of fun. You're super active in the role-plays and you're really integral to the whole 17s community around here (being the one whom the Newcago court was based off, which kicked off a lot of RPing - thanks to Quiv for that too). This place would be significantly more boring without you. :)

Edit: Ninja'd!

You forgot the compliment  :P  ;)

You are intelligent and eloquent?

Seriously guys though: compliment. Or you will be downvoted. Compliment-giving is serious business!  :angry: B)  :rolleyes:  :wub:

Edited by Delightful

Seriously guys though: compliment. Or you will be downvoted. Compliment-giving is serious business!  :angry:  B)  :rolleyes:  :wub:

Let's not actually dish out downvotes here. It's in good fun, but it's not exactly a behavior befitting of this thread. ;)  

(And yes, I am the one who cancelled the one that's already been given. :ph34r:)

I know you don't mean any harm by it because of the immense kindness and compassion you've shown elsewhere on the forum, especially on the Good News and Having a Bad Day threads. :D

Let's not actually dish out downvotes here. It's in good fun, but it's not exactly a behavior befitting of this thread. ;)  

(And yes, I am the one who cancelled the one that's already been given. :ph34r:)

I know you don't mean any harm by it because of the immense kindness and compassion you've shown elsewhere on the forum, especially on the Good News and Having a Bad Day threads. :D

You are fantastic

Like, all fantastic

This forum would not be the same without you here, I think. I love your posts.

Elsa, you have an awesome sense of humour and of fun. You're super active in the role-plays and you're really integral to the whole 17s community around here (being the one whom the Newcago court was based off, which kicked off a lot of RPing - thanks to Quiv for that too). This place would be significantly more boring without you. :)

Edit: Ninja'd!

You are intelligent and eloquent?

Seriously guys though: compliment. Or you will be downvoted. Compliment-giving is serious business!  :angry:  B)  :rolleyes:  :wub:

Fixed. Check out the new version B)

Let's not actually dish out downvotes here. It's in good fun, but it's not exactly a behavior befitting of this thread. ;)

Ok, fair. :)

And just to prove it (and since I already complimented SilverBlade :P)............

Edited by Delightful