Heirs to the Final Empire: A Generational RPG

Wyrmhero

Shame to hear that Claincy, but maybe you can join in later on :)

Wait, so are we all starting owning a city? If not then don't those who claim a royal title get a gamebreaking advantage - In my mind, although less fitting with canon, each just starting as an individual with no previous holdings is far more balanced.

People will all start with no previous holdings. The world has changed substantially. Who is to say that the kingdoms still want to follow their kings? Or even if they still exist at all...

The writeup has been changed to reflect canon more closely as requested. Players are a selection of the elite from the various countries that followed Alendi.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Wait, so are we all starting owning a city? If not then don't those who claim a royal title get a gamebreaking advantage - In my mind, although less fitting with canon, each just starting as an individual with no previous holdings is far more balanced.

I was simply remarking that the majority of us have likely at one point been rulers of a city. By the time the game starts, though, we've given that control over to TLR.

This looks awesome! I'll be gone for three weeks soon, but I might join up, based on time constraints, when I get back.

Look forward to seeing you in the Second Generation ;)

...okay.

This is interesting; I've been debating joining or not, since I don't know if I have time to do "proper" roleplay.

Still, this seems really interesting so... Can I join?

Added you to the list. Just need a name for your guy and House.

Edited by Wyrmhero

"Will you follow me?"

Sen watched as one by one his fellow travellers bent their knee before Rashek. It was an odd sight, for not long before they would have joked and laughed with him, seen him as another Terrisman and not the god he now appeared to be.

From child to adult, Sen had always sought to learn as much as he could, from the tales of the Worldbringers to the strange philosophy of the Larsta monks.

Yet nothing had ever appealed to him, there was nothing tangible about them.

And now Rashek was a god, not one that hid behind ancient tales and myths; but one who was right here and now. And he needed followers.

Sen Wair stepped forward and bowed before him.

If there was a god who could save Scadrial, it would be this one.

Sen of House Wair

Edited by Wblk

I am definitely joining. I will be the Lord of House Erikell, one Cofal by name.

You're lucky Kas has dropped out and let the name be free again ;)

Added all the latest players to the list. As there are rather more than I expected (we are at 17 now), I am changing the rules slightly - The Turn will now be over at 6PM in my timezone, and then the new one will start at 9PM, to ensure I have enough time to get everything sorted out.

Edit: I am also busy Sunday 7th, so I will actually start the game Saturday the 6th at 9PM instead. Players can still sign up for the game until 6PM BST on the Saturday. The first week will be slightly longer, but that's not too important.

Edited by Wyrmhero

You're lucky Kas has dropped out and let the name be free again ;)

I could have just gone with ErikellER, but still, lucky for me.

Also... if the player number corresponds to the metal they get(I have no idea why)... then Erikell controls ALL atium in the FInal Empire. Fear me!

Also, maybe I should not have signed up since I was the 17th person... expect some worldhoppers incoming.

Edited by phattemer

Will we know if we received Atium?

Atium will come into play later in the game. It is not possible to obtain any during the First Generation.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Hadrian Penrod stared at the sky. Once a brilliant blue emblazoned with rays from a golden sun, the air above was a dull grey, the sun blood red behind obscuring clouds of ash. The world had changed, no doubt about it. With such change came great opportunity, and Hadrian knew that this was his chance to earn a place in the new order. Surely a new empire would need writers and philosophers to record the events that would make up history, and Hadrian knew of no other man outside of Terris that could match his skill. So many people will come offering power over land and armies. But I will give the Lord Ruler control over the minds of the people themselves.

Yeah! Hadrian Penrod of House Penrod is joining the game as a historian with a great reputation but few material possessions. Hopefully I can keep up with this and thank you Wyrm for creating such an awesome game!

I will probably miss Generations 1-3. 

In that case, I suggest exiting the game for the time being and signing up at the start of a Generation when you have a bit more time.

Renea Gardre wasn’t exactly known for her timeliness.  But with that, there was great reason.  “The man who makes the first decision is the first to fall,” as she always said.  Therefore, Renea was content to let the other nobles accept themselves to Rashek’s offer while she thought it over.

“Will you follow me?”

Renea frowned.  Whatever had happened to Rashek, it had made him… different.  Not just with the powers that he now apparently had.  More forceful.  More in control.  The man had been a simple packman before, right?  And now he’d apparently glimpsed godhood.

On one hand, Renea knew that making an enemy of someone as powerful as Rashek claimed would be a very dangerous idea indeed.  And even if Rashek was bluffing about the extent of his supposed powers, the other men had fallen right into his obedience without much coercion.  Were they really all such cowards?  Did they just want a slice of his supposed powers?  Or did they actually believe that whole “saving humanity” gimmick?  Whichever way, making an enemy of Rashek would make her house an enemy of a number of strong nobles.  And doing so was foolish, at best.

But on the other hand, Renea was not one to be forced into subservience so easily.  Her family had grown strong over the years because they had refused to submit.  Had refused to give in to the will of others.  The idea of following this man -- who had only a short time ago had been a simple packman -- made her cringe.

Renea considered Rashek in thought.  No, perhaps she would follow this man.  Not because she liked any of his attributes.  He was arrogant… proud… conceited… overall, he’d likely be an awful ruler.  And that’s exactly why she’d follow him.  The fool would attempt to take over the known world -- maybe even succeed, too -- but then he’d see just how difficult it would be to run such an empire.  And he had too much pride to be able to hand over the reigns.  It would collapse within decades.

Renea put on her most convincing smile.  “I will follow you, Lord Rashek.”

Barely, but you're in :P

Signups are now closed! This thread should only be used by people who want to register to be a part of the next Generation, or for rules clarifications and the like. New thread coming up within the next few hours...

I've found myself having to do a bit of back-tracking to work out which Lord is which ( their past and attitudes based on RP).

Perhaps it would be useful to make a short google doc that has a basic summary of each Lord's publicly stated past and basic characteristics? This could also be a good source for anyone just casually following the game.

I guess I should probably endorse this a bit :P.

I've found myself having to do a bit of back-tracking to work out which Lord is which ( their past and attitudes based on RP).

Perhaps it would be useful to make a short google doc that has a basic summary of each Lord's publicly stated past and basic characteristics? This could also be a good source for anyone just casually following the game.

Not a bad idea, as your Lords/Ladies will be your characters for the next four weeks. Plus, anything which decreases the amount of time you guys have to talk is only a good thing >>. Remember you have a week per turn. Don't get burnt out too early :P

Trading

With regards to trades/contracts/marriages between players, there are two ways in which this can now occur. The player initiating the trade sends in an Action to the GM, either publicly or privately, as before. If the other player sends in an Action to respond to that trade on that Turn with exactly the same terms, then the trade will be carried out. Otherwise, the responding player will be notified they have a player requesting a trade at the start of the next Turn, and can respond to it during that Turn. The initiating player cannot cancel that trade or make use of what they are trading that Turn. If the responding player does not send in an Action to confirm the trade, then it is cancelled. Conveniently, if trading with an NPC House, you will always get the trade on that same Turn.

When trading between cities, the act of sending Goods will cost you 1 Wealth, possibly rising if there is a lot of stuff changing hands. This cost is negated if you happen to own the trade route in use. Trades between players will usually be Luthadel Keep to Luthadel Keep, and so will not have this cost. While canals within a city may not help with regards to trading, they will still generate revenue each Turn.

Upkeep costs:

Each Property you purchase will have a cost to keep it in good condition, to hire/feed workers and all that. This Upkeep cost will increase the more Properties you have. During the First Generation, each Property will add an Upkeep cost equal to half the number of Properties you own, rounded up (so 1-2 costs 1 each, 3-4 costs 2 each, etc). Your Luthadel Keep does not cost Upkeep itself, nor does it add to Upkeep. At some point, it may become economically unviable to purchase more Properties, though you may decide that you can take the hit for a while to produce Goods, etc. You are informed of what your Upkeep cost is at the beginning of each Turn.

How Properties work:

When you buy a Property, you will be informed of how much it cost you, what it requires, and what it produces (whether Goods, Wealth or something else) each Turn. What it produces should be what you asked it to produce. If you do not have the raw materials required for the Property, it will automatically purchase the materials using your Wealth for a slightly worse rate than if you bought them yourselves (or potentially much worse if purchased from another player). Properties do not produce anything or cost any Upkeep on the turn they are purchased. You can prevent a Property from buying/using raw materials without expending an Action. It will still add to your Upkeep.

Some Properties may produce multiple things (such as a blacksmith). If so, then you may designate what it creates each Turn, and may also request a mix of items, though you will get less total than if it just produced one thing. You may also choose to change production as a free Action (such as switching from swords to armour), though this will not take effect until the following Turn. You may choose to have your Property immediately sell what it produces.

During the first Generation, assuming there are no extenuating circumstances, a basic Property of some kind will cost you 2 of your Wealth. If a property is unique (such as a trade route), then it cannot be bought from the GM if someone else owns it, and if multiple people attempt to purchase the same property at once, then the winner will be randomly selected. The winner will also be charged slightly more than normal for having the winning 'bid'.

Until a city has been conquered, you may not purchase Property within it. Players are informed of when a city is brought into TFE.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Sorry guys, Ive been kind of... out of it this week, so I haven't been participating much, I'll get my head back in the game now, I swear. Sorry!

(Also, for trying for heirs in generation one, does that invovle marriage pacts between players, or can it be NPC's?)

(Also, for trying for heirs in generation one, does that invovle marriage pacts between players, or can it be NPC's?)

Your players begin married in the first Generation, unless otherwise stated. So you don't need to make a marriage pact this early in the game.

Alright, King, I guess you win :P

Please put me down for Gen 2 as Kyril Heron >>.

Edited to link to RP posts:

House Heron

House%20Heron_1.png

Generation Two:

#1 Kyril Heron: The Tower By The Sea

Kyril Heron #1: A Candle By Which To See

Kyril Heron #2: The Peaceful Gardens

Kyril Heron #3: Burned Letters

Kyril Heron #4: Night Conversations

Kyril Heron #5: Promises of Water

Kyril Heron #6: The Tower and the Ash

Kyril Heron #7: Pride and Death

Kyril Heron #8: Monsters and Men

Kyril Heron #9: Backs Against The Wall

Kyril Heron #10: The Parting Glass

#2 Aniketos Heron: The Drowned and the Saved

Aniketos Heron #1: The Sky Is Broken

Aniketos Heron #2: L'ange sans ses ailes

Aniketos Heron #3: Wood and Words

Aniketos Heron #4: Scattered Leaves

Aniketos Heron #5: Between The Lines of Fear and Blame

Aniketos Heron #6: A Sword-Day, A Red Day

Aniketos Heron #7: Lost Stars

Aniketos Heron #8: If I Drown Tonight

Aniketos Heron #9: Shattered

Aniketos Heron #10: A Sky Full of Stars

#3 Anaximander Heron: The Fire-Burnt Hills

Anaximander Heron #1: Never Meant To Belong

Anaximander Heron #2: Luthadel Underworld

Anaximander Heron #3: Broken Glass

Anaximander Heron #4: Heat of the Moment

Anaximander Heron #5: Radioactive

Anaximander Heron #6: Storm Front

Anaximander Heron #7: Eye of the Tiger

Anaximander Heron #8: Night of the Hunter

Anaximander Heron #9: Choosing Sides

Anaximander Heron #10: Iron

Generation Three:

#2 Aniketos Heron: The Drowned and the Saved

Aniketos Heron #1: The Sky Is Broken

Aniketos Heron #2: L'ange sans ses ailes

Aniketos Heron #3: Wood and Words

Aniketos Heron #4: Scattered Leaves

Aniketos Heron #5: Between The Lines of Fear and Blame

Aniketos Heron #6: A Sword-Day, A Red Day

Aniketos Heron #7: Lost Stars

Aniketos Heron #8: If I Drown Tonight

Aniketos Heron #9: Shattered

Aniketos Heron #10: A Sky Full of Stars

#3 Anaximander Heron: The Fire-Burnt Hills

Anaximander Heron #1: Never Meant To Belong

Anaximander Heron #2: Luthadel Underworld

Anaximander Heron #3: Broken Glass

Anaximander Heron #4: Heat of the Moment

Anaximander Heron #5: Radioactive

Anaximander Heron #6: Storm Front

Anaximander Heron #7: Eye of the Tiger

Anaximander Heron #8: Night of the Hunter

Anaximander Heron #9: Choosing Sides

Anaximander Heron #10: Iron

#4 Kyrus Heron: Into The West

Kyrus Heron #1: Light and Shadow

Kyrus Heron #2: Chiaroscuro

Kyrus Heron #3: A Time of Spires

Kyrus Heron #4: The Window on the West

Kyrus Heron #5: Durban Skies

Kyrus Heron #6: Brimstone

Kyrus Heron #7: Light on the Water

Kyrus Heron #8: Silver Glass

Kyrus Heron #9: Even the Rain

Kyrus Heron #10: The Last Mosaic

#5 Thales Heron: The Principle of All Things

Thales Heron #1: What The Water Said

Thales Heron #2: Water Crossings

Thales Heron #3: Run Deep

Thales Heron #4: Tidal Bones

Thales Heron #5: The Way of Water

Thales Heron #6: Riptide

Thales Heron #7: Moraine

Thales Heron #8: Annan Waters

Thales Heron #9: ripae ulterioris amore

Thales Heron #10: Many Waters

Generation Four:

#4 Kyrus Heron: Into The West

Kyrus Heron #1: Light and Shadow

Kyrus Heron #2: Chiaroscuro

Kyrus Heron #3: A Time of Spires

Kyrus Heron #4: The Window on the West

Kyrus Heron #5: Durban Skies

Kyrus Heron #6: Brimstone

Kyrus Heron #7: Light on the Water

Kyrus Heron #8: Silver Glass

Kyrus Heron #9: Even the Rain

Kyrus Heron #10: The Last Mosaic

#5 Thales Heron: The Principle of All Things

Thales Heron #1: What The Water Said

Thales Heron #2: Water Crossings

Thales Heron #3: Run Deep

Thales Heron #4: Tidal Bones

Thales Heron #5: The Way of Water

Thales Heron #6: Riptide

Thales Heron #7: Moraine

Thales Heron #8: Annan Waters

Thales Heron #9: ripae ulterioris amore

Thales Heron #10: Many Waters

#6 Jocasta Heron: The Sound of Thunder

Jocasta Heron #1: A Knife in the Dark

Jocasta Heron #2: A Spy in the House

Jocasta Heron #3: The Purging of Tremredare

#7 Sofia Heron: Der Bestirnte Himmel Über Mir

Sofia Heron #1: Northern Skies

#8 Thalia Heron: The Ocean's Wake

Thalia Heron #1: Ships in the Night

Thalia Heron #2: Storm King

Thalia Heron #3: The Great Green

Thalia Heron #4: The Black Flag

Thalia Heron #5: Running The Tide

Thalia Heron #6: Take What You Can

Thalia Heron #7: Give Nothing Back

Thalia Heron #8: Full Fathom Five

Generation Five:

#6 Jocasta Heron: The Sound of Thunder

Jocasta Heron #1: A Knife in the Dark

Jocasta Heron #2: A Spy in the House

Jocasta Heron #3: The Purging of Tremredare

#7 Sofia Heron: Der Bestirnte Himmel Über Mir

Sofia Heron #1: Northern Skies

#8 Thalia Heron: The Ocean's Wake

Thalia Heron #1: Ships in the Night

Thalia Heron #2: Storm King

Thalia Heron #3: The Great Green

Thalia Heron #4: The Black Flag

Thalia Heron #5: Running The Tide

Thalia Heron #6: Take What You Can

Thalia Heron #7: Give Nothing Back

Thalia Heron #8: Full Fathom Five

#9 Athán Heron: The Light and the Sea

Athán Heron #1: Blue Skies From Pain

#10 Dion Heron: ?

*House Lord for each Generation has been bolded.

Edited by Kasimir