So does anyone have any character ideas for Salem? If it starts on the next game day that should work I think.

I'll keep Ferv and Toad in the Hole in reserve. Just in case I lose my senses and sign up for another thread I'll barely keep up with. :ph34r:

I'll keep Ferv and Toad in the Hole in reserve. Just in case I lose my senses and sign up for another thread I'll barely keep up with. :ph34r:

Fortunately characters won't need as much continuous attention as other threads, since I think the main focus will be on the arena battles they just need to get through their fight and then it doesn't matter if they don't do anything for 6 months.

Hmmm I was thinking of a character called Deathgrip that is telekinetic, but only on a large-ish scale (he can't manipulate fine things). That could be cool, if this dream-world had enough things for him to throw around.

Does he listen to Death Grips? (A rap group, mildly hardcore, good chunk of profanity, don't look up if children are around)

Voidus, I can make an Epic if necessary to help get the thread going. My biggest worry for Epic!Fight Club is that the influx of new players just suddenly stops.

Edited by Blaze1616

Does he listen to Death Grips? (A rap group, mildly hardcore, good chunk of profanity, don't look up if children are around)

Voidus, I can make an Epic if necessary to help get the thread going. My biggest worry for Epic!Fight Club is that the influx of new players just suddenly stops.

in all likelihood yes :P

what do you mean?

I feel like WHIO recently had a large influx of new players, myself included. If the influx just stops, and no new players show up wanting to have awesome Epic fights, what happens to Salem? Does it die? Do we leave it to wait until another influx occurs? That's kind of my point.

I feel like WHIO recently had a large influx of new players, myself included. If the influx just stops, and no new players show up wanting to have awesome Epic fights, what happens to Salem? Does it die? Do we leave it to wait until another influx occurs? That's kind of my point.

We can sustain it ourselves when we feel like Epic fights :P

I for one would love to engage in awesome Epic fights for the foreseeable future.

how would we structure the fights? Have participants do it via PM and collab docs and then post?

We can sustain it ourselves when we feel like Epic fights :P

I for one would love to engage in awesome Epic fights for the foreseeable future.

how would we structure the fights? Have participants do it via PM and collab docs and then post?

Up to the individuals, collab posts sometimes get too long and I'm guilty of skipping them occasionally but for fight scenes they're somewhat necessary. Personally my favourite fight scene to write (Deathwish vs. Impact) was done with some discussion in PM but mostly we just each wrote a segment and then let the other respond.

If necessary I could pretty much run it myself I have so many Epics :P

I'd join you in making ridiculous amounts of Epics, but I seem to struggle with picking weaknesses.

I don't think we have much to worry about. You and others joined because of the story and characters (or just the insanity :P) so I'm sure there are others who will do the same.

Do you mean to tell me that people aren't joining for the insanity?  :lol:

I'm partial to organic "I do this" "then I do this" "then I do this". But I like that for all types of Role Playing, not just combat. It does mean, though, that the average post length will likely be smaller for Salem. We'll likely need a means for deciding how the battle ends though, mainly only if the participants can't decide amongst themselves.

I usually happen upon weaknesses somewhere in the backstory I make, either that ir I just make up something random. Many of my Epics don't have formally declared weaknesses since they're only meant for a couple of posts before they die.
Although that does lead to problems since looking at it I don't think I ever came up with a weakness for Neverthere.  <_<

I usually happen upon weaknesses somewhere in the backstory I make, either that ir I just make up something random. Many of my Epics don't have formally declared weaknesses since they're only meant for a couple of posts before they die.

Although that does lead to problems since looking at it I don't think I ever came up with a weakness for Neverthere.  <_<

People telling her that interspecies relationships are morally dubious? :P

That's what time travel's for! pinkiecrazy.png

Edge, what will Lucentia be doing now that there's a guy in the Museum entranceway specifically calling Lightwards out to fight?

Remember that Neverthere told them about the attack, begrudingly acknowledge that she told them the truth, assume the idiot trying to gain all their attention is a distraction, go to the one place in the museum it would be worth to distract from aka. the mechanisms at its bottom, take Nighthound with her.

So does anyone have any character ideas for Salem? If it starts on the next game day that should work I think.

Good sense said I shouldn't experience say I'll probably come up with something anyway. :P

Weird, I feel like I would remember someone with the name Toad in the hole, yet I don't. :huh:

Someone knowing where she actually is?

Someone knowing where she actually is?

It would suit her backstory and I think I considered it at some point although it's probably lost in my notes of her backstory.

I think I'll go with something similar but not quite that, so everyone can keep on guessing :P

That explains why i never heard of him, the story of his creation is even more obscure than that of Ferv. :P  So what are his powers?

Bestowing higher intelligence / English accents on animals. Even I'm still not sure how useful his powers are, or how seriously I'm considering him. :P

Bestowing higher intelligence / English accents on animals. Even I'm still not sure how useful his powers are, or how seriously I'm considering him. :P

In an arena fight with astral animals? Maybe they could distract the enemy by offering him tea and cookies?

Or one of his gentleman toads can steal Soulcaster's care while the match is in progress. :P

Not sure if that's supposed to be car or cane, or maybe it's care and I'm missing something.

Nonetheless Soulcaster now has a cane. Like a sir.

Not sure if that's supposed to be car or cane, or maybe it's care and I'm missing something.

Nonetheless Soulcaster now has a cane. Like a sir.

It was meant to be car (a Wind in the Willows reference :ph34r:) but I have no objections to him acquiring a cane. :P

It is past time that Oregon had a gentleman Epic. With a bespoke suit and a cane. And a stopwatch, set every day by his most trusted and important Epic lieutenant: Metronome.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: