Cross-Cosmere Duel Winners  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which team would win?

• Kaladin/Vin/Hrathen
    • Raoden/Denth/Eshonai

Aons take too long to draw I'd say Vin hits him first, though he can just heal himself unless it's lethal.

Indeed! I'd think that a well-placed coin may actually tear through the head and destroy the brain, incapacitating him. I think a lucky shot, if there was no Aon to stop it, could take him down easily.

Aons take too long to draw I'd say Vin hits him first, though he can just heal himself unless it's lethal.

I wouldn't be so sure of that actually. At the end of the book the Elantrians, all of which worse with Aons than Raoden, managed to hold of the Dakhor monks with Aon Daa, while they were quite the distance away from Elantris. Given Raodens speed I wouldn't be suprised if within Elantris he could kill people with the same Aon by effectively waving his hand at them.

Then there's still the posibility to use one of the many teleporters in Elantris only he can activate and Aon Nae to sinpe the members of team one or supercharge his Aons by drawing a couple easy ones without the chasm line.

As much as I love Vin and Kaladin, team two takes it for me. While Kaladin and Eshonai are probably on par (he took down a shardbearer at that point before but I'm betting Eshonai is more skilled than that one) I don't think Hrathen could take any of them. Also, I'm not sure whether or not Kaladin at that point could take Denth. That be a tough one.

Either way, the only ones who would stand a chance against Vin or Raoden are Vin and Raoden. And to be honest, I don't think Vin would stand much of a chance. Raoden is known to be extraordinarily skilled and quick with his Aons; he had a lot of practice. He could very quickly teleport somewhere hidden and just send Aon blasts at the enemies and teleport again and fire from a different location. Not to mention he has a nigh on infinite amount of Investiture at his disposal and Vin can only replenish so much of her metals. These factors would be extremely difficult to deal with and I'm not sure even Vin could handle that. Best case scenario, team one gets one or two of them down, but Raoden would come out on top.

As much as I love Vin and Kaladin, team two takes it for me. While Kaladin and Eshonai are probably on par (he took down a shardbearer at that point before but I'm betting Eshonai is more skilled than that one) I don't think Hrathen could take any of them. Also, I'm not sure whether or not Kaladin at that point could take Denth. That be a tough one.

On the matter of Kaladin having defeated a Shardbearer before, no matter how skilled that one was Eshonai is much stronger physically, by virtue of being a Parshendi in Warfrom.

I wouldn't be so sure of that actually. At the end of the book the Elantrians, all of which worse with Aons than Raoden, managed to hold of the Dakhor monks with Aon Daa, while they were quite the distance away from Elantris. Given Raodens speed I wouldn't be suprised if within Elantris he could kill people with the same Aon by effectively waving his hand at them.

Then there's still the posibility to use one of the many teleporters in Elantris only he can activate and Aon Nae to sinpe the members of team one or supercharge his Aons by drawing a couple easy ones without the chasm line.

All that would change is the strength of the Aons, not the speed they're drawn at, and no matter how quick Raoden is, Vins attacks happen at the speed of thought, not to mention if Raoden has any metal on him whatsoever that's pretty much an instant loss.

On the matter of Kaladin having defeated a Shardbearer before, no matter how skilled that one was Eshonai is much stronger physically, by virtue of being a Parshendi in Warfrom.

Well he has fought Eshonai successfully too, granted it was a bit of a cheap shot but I'd say he could at the least hold her off if not actually defeat her.

All that would change is the strength of the Aons, not the speed they're drawn at, and no matter how quick Raoden is, Vins attacks happen at the speed of thought, not to mention if Raoden has any metal on him whatsoever that's pretty much an instant loss.

Well he has fought Eshonai successfully too, granted it was a bit of a cheap shot but I'd say he could at the least hold her off if not actually defeat her.

He doesn't need more speed by Elantris, he is inherently a better and faster drawer than ever other Elantrian we have seen until now and something like a coin won't kill an Elantrian. Heck, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they are so durable they need an magical artifact to commit suicide?

He doesn't need more speed by Elantris, he is inherently a better and faster drawer than ever other Elantrian we have seen until now and something like a coin won't kill an Elantrian. Heck, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they are so durable they need an magical artifact to commit suicide?

Only when they're in a zombified and weakened state, they heal quickly but they're not immortal like they were before they fixed Elantris. Again, however quick he is compared to other Elantrians Vin's still going to be quicker, she's just as much of a prodigy as he is only her magic works without needing to draw it. Plus she has supernaturally enhanced speed.

Only when they're in a zombified and weakened state, they heal quickly but they're not immortal like they were before they fixed Elantris. Again, however quick he is compared to other Elantrians Vin's still going to be quicker, she's just as much of a prodigy as he is only her magic works without needing to draw it. Plus she has supernaturally enhanced speed.

Having just reread the climax of Elantris I have to say that we get frustratingly little on the healing facor or the other physical and mental enhancements of an Elantrian, while within Elantris. We see some walking through fire without showing any sign of pain but that could have been the aftereffect of the just completed Shaod. It's kinda sad how little we know about their actual potential. -_-

Anyway, I did find something else though. Aon Edo, simple enough that Raoden could draw it before Dilaf, who also has physical enhancement, could swing a sword at him and gives him a perfet shield and all the time he needs to prepare his Aons..

Given that Vin as well would still have to draw some coins out of her pouch, vaguely point them in Raoden's direction and then they have to travel, which while fast isn't instant I'd say that should be enough time. This isn't even counting in the time for Vin to down her vials, either.

Vin almost always some metals so essentially they'd both have to raise their hands, Vin for coins, Raoden to begin drawing so the question is can he finish an Aon before the coins travel the distance between them? Possibly. Can he do it continuously against an opponent with far superior movement capabilities and who is much more used to combat? Probably not. My guess is Vin might get her first attack deflected but she's used to Mistborn battles, jumping from building to building and trying to surprise each other Raoden is used to hitting an opponent who comes at him straight on.
And again if Raoden has like literally any metal on him, Vin duralumin steelpushes on him and he's dead in about half a second.

Vin almost always some metals so essentially they'd both have to raise their hands, Vin for coins, Raoden to begin drawing so the question is can he finish an Aon before the coins travel the distance between them? Possibly. Can he do it continuously against an opponent with far superior movement capabilities and who is much more used to combat? Probably not. My guess is Vin might get her first attack deflected but she's used to Mistborn battles, jumping from building to building and trying to surprise each other Raoden is used to hitting an opponent who comes at him straight on.

And again if Raoden has like literally any metal on him, Vin duralumin steelpushes on him and he's dead in about half a second.

Vin has superior movement capabilities? You mean Raoden can't use the Aon Tia? The one that lets them teleport

All he needs to do is teleport once to get out of the way, and we know that Elantrians are at least slightly faster, stronger, and more durable than normal humans so he could probably take a couple coins. Plus he has extensive experience with dealing with an insane amount of pain, so he could easily fight through it. AonDor is extremely powerful in Elantris and has almost infinite uses as there is an Aon for everything, it's a full writing system and language.

Aon Edo gets feed constantly by the Dor, so he wouldn't have to redraw it, he would simply be safe drom any form of attack vin could throw at him.Talking about possibilities like wearing metal or Vin already having ingested metals, depending on where they are in Elantris Raoden could stand right next to an inactive Aon that allows him to end the fight with a though, so working with possibilities like that doesn't exactly help Vin.

Vin has superior movement capabilities? You mean Raoden can't use the Aon Tia? The one that lets them teleport

All he needs to do is teleport once to get out of the way, and we know that Elantrians are at least slightly faster, stronger, and more durable than normal humans so he could probably take a couple coins. Plus he has extensive experience with dealing with an insane amount of pain, so he could easily fight through it. AonDor is extremely powerful in Elantris and has almost infinite uses as there is an Aon for everything, it's a full writing system and language.

Which takes how long to draw, needs how many modifiers and is how dangerous? Steelpushing is a lot more reliable.

Aon Edo gets feed constantly by the Dor, so he wouldn't have to redraw it, he would simply be safe drom any form of attack vin could throw at him.Talking about possibilities like wearing metal or Vin already having ingested metals, depending on where they are in Elantris Raoden could stand right next to an inactive Aon that allows him to end the fight with a though, so working with possibilities like that doesn't exactly help Vin.

But then he'd be trapped in one place, Vin could just dispatch the other two and then Raoden has to face Vin, Kal and Hrathen with no support.

Which takes how long to draw, needs how many modifiers and is how dangerous? Steelpushing is a lot more reliable.

But then he'd be trapped in one place, Vin could just dispatch the other two and then Raoden has to face Vin, Kal and Hrathen with no support.

Give Raoden a bit of time to draw multiple Aon Daa maybe a minute or so, he drops his shield and presto he unleasehs an array of death rays on them that covers such a big area they can't dodge. (as I said I reread the climax in Elantris Aon Daa is entirely enough to kill anyone in team one)

Unless anyone on team one happened to be able to see the future...

Or could burn Duralumin and Pewter.

As I said, cover such a big area they can't dodge. It's nice that Vin can see the future but unless she just runs away, abandoning her teammates to be killed by Raoden's that won't help her and even then with enough time, which he would have given that he isn't being attacked anymore he can just snipe her. Plus as noted before Atium is a very limited resource, the Dor isn't, meaning Raoden can just repeat his barrage as much as he wants until Vin runs out of metals.

Don't see how that would help here.

I meant more that Vin could attack from behind the second he lowers his shield, she knows literally everything he's about to do, massive advantage no matter how powerful Raoden is. Which is not even counting what would happen if she Duralumin burned Atium which lets her know the entire course of the fight and how to win it.

I meant more that Vin could attack from behind the second he lowers his shield, she knows literally everything he's about to do, massive advantage no matter how powerful Raoden is. Which is not even counting what would happen if she Duralumin burned Atium which lets her know the entire course of the fight and how to win it.

Except that Raoden could do multiple things like setting up Aon Ien should someone hit him in that moment or Aon Tia to get himself to safety once he fired his shoots, or another Aon Edo, so his shield is only open for that little moment the energy streams that would disintegrate every coin they touch passes through and closes immediately afterwards, heck something like Aon Sheo might even allow him to kill Vin without having to lower his shields or something else one of the dozens of Aons we don't know what they can do.

The fact that Steelpushing works in straight lines would also mean that if she hits him Daa can also hit her, killing her definetly and him only maybe.

And then she's out of Atium and down to her own capabilities to pull of an ultimate plan that could boild down to, you're screwed run away as far as we know.

Edited by Edgedancer

Again she knows all of that, she's got the advantage of knowing his capabilities and plans, he knows nothing of hers.
Raoden drops his shield, begins to start releasing his Aons, oh dear he already has 50 coins in his back that Vin just pulled there from behind because she already knew he was going to do that.

Again she knows all of that, she's got the advantage of knowing his capabilities and plans, he knows nothing of hers.

Raoden drops his shield, begins to start releasing his Aons, oh dear he already has 50 coins in his back that Vin just pulled there from behind because she already knew he was going to do that.

Just because you know what is coming doesn't mean you can stop the inevidable. Assuming the most dangerous member of his enemies is in an unknown location I'm pretty sure Raoden is smart enough not to take his chances and use one of his many options to make sure the coins wont even face him, like turning all the metal around them into stone, having an Ien at the ready, so he essentialy has a healing factor of Gold compounding and fifty coins just won't hurt him or making multiple small fields, so only the points Daa fires through are open and even if Vin shoots in those openings her coins are going to be destroyed before they can cause any damage. This guy just has way to many options to allow Vin an opening once he got a proper shield up.

Just because you know what is coming doesn't mean you can stop the inevidable. Assuming the most dangerous member of his enemies is in an unknown location I'm pretty sure Raoden is smart enough not to take his chances and use one of his many options to make sure the coins wont even face him, like turning all the metal around them into stone, having an Ien at the ready, so he essentialy has a healing factor of Gold compounding and fifty coins just won't hurt him or making multiple small fields, so only the points Daa fires through are open and even if Vin shoots in those openings her coins are going to be destroyed before they can cause any damage. This guy just has way to many options to allow Vin an opening once he got a proper shield up.

He would pretty much need to blanket the city for anything to be inevitable, Vin just has too much movement that plus Atium renders her nigh invulnerable. And turning the metal coins into molten slag is probably only going to end badly for him.

He would pretty much need to blanket the city for anything to be inevitable, Vin just has too much movement that plus Atium renders her nigh invulnerable. And turning the metal coins into molten slag is probably only going to end badly for him.

Not into molten slag. I can't remember if the exact Aon was ever mentioned but Elatrians can turn one material into another, meaning he can just turn all metal or otherwise inorganic materials into something allomantic inert, like cotton for example. given the extreme amount of power behind AonDor there's a more than decent chance it will even transform the metals in Vin's stomach appart from maybe Atium, taking away most of her abilities.

He also has one of the best counters to Atium, time. If he throws up a forcefield, transforms the metal, etches an Ien on the ground to give himself a permanent healing factor and draws a large Aon chain consisting of Daa, Ene and Edo (which would allow him to shoot his barrage of death rays in all directions and create a new shield with perfect timing, leaving no opening for counteratacks), by the time he fires Vin's Atium will probably all have run out already.

Oh and talking about Aon Ene, it does grant further mental enhancement and protection from ill effect of illness and the like have on the mind, giving it a good chance to protect him from emotional Allomancy or at least counteract it to a certain degree.

Not into molten slag. I can't remember if the exact Aon was ever mentioned but Elatrians can turn one material into another, meaning he can just turn all metal or otherwise inorganic materials into something allomantic inert, like cotton for example. given the extreme amount of power behind AonDor there's a more than decent chance it will even transform the metals in Vin's stomach appart from maybe Atium, taking away most of her abilities.

He also has one of the best counters to Atium, time. If he throws up a forcefield, transforms the metal, etches an Ien on the ground to give himself a permanent healing factor and draws a large Aon chain consisting of Daa, Ene and Edo (which would allow him to shoot his barrage of death rays in all directions and create a new shield with perfect timing, leaving no opening for counteratacks), by the time he fires Vin's Atium will probably all have run out already.

Oh and talking about Aon Ene, it does grant further mental enhancement and protection from ill effect of illness and the like have on the mind, giving it a good chance to protect him from emotional Allomancy or at least counteract it to a certain degree.

Which he has no way to know since he has no idea how allomancy works... Plus he'd need to target every metal in his vicinity which is unlikely since he couldn't see metals as easily as Vin.

And again, all assuming he has no metals on him (Which for anyone other than a Scadralian is incredibly unlikely. One piece of metal inside his shield and he's dead in seconds.

Which he has no way to know since he has no idea how allomancy works... Plus he'd need to target every metal in his vicinity which is unlikely since he couldn't see metals as easily as Vin.

And again, all assuming he has no metals on him (Which for anyone other than a Scadralian is incredibly unlikely. One piece of metal inside his shield and he's dead in seconds.

Except that Aon Ene can give him enhaced mental capability and reasoning, which coupled with Vin using only metal coins as a weapons and carrying extra metal with her should give him the ability to at least figure out that metal is a bad deal with her around. And he doesn't have to target the metal individually if he can just create an AoE.

And again all assuming Raoden isn't standing next to one of the many permanent Aons in Elantris that would let him end the fight with a thought.