Storming Greetings

Lighteyes

Hi all,

I am about 3/4 of the way through WoR, after having also read WoK. I was itching to find a forum to discuss the books on, so I'm happy to have found a home to do so! I won't be around too much until WoR is completed, just to avoid spoilers, but I am definitely looking forward to finally talking about these great books with others. 

I just finished part three and am working on the interludes. Lift has just been captured by Darkness and subsequently pardoned. Am I about to get to anything good?  ^_^

Also, I am a Lighteyes (green, in fact). So, my birthright is superior to most of you. Sorry, it's just the way society works. 

Thanks all!

Edited by Lighteyes

Greetings, friend!

So far, who is your favorite character?

As to the fact that you are a lighteyes and therefore believe that you are superior to most of us.... alas, I am afraid that you will find that you are not the only one of noble birthright here. :)

If you have green light eyes, why is your user picture sporting blue eyes? What ate you hiding, hmm...?

Conspiracies aside, welcome. Have you read any other Brandon books?

Great point! I'll need to find a more appropriate picture. My first instinct was to grab the Fremen eyes from Dune. Just seemed like the lightest of all Lighteyes. 

I have not read any of Brandon's other works. Which would you recommend for a Stormlight Archive fan? 

Greetings, friend!

So far, who is your favorite character?

As to the fact that you are a lighteyes and therefore believe that you are superior to most of us.... alas, I am afraid that you will find that you are not the only one of noble birthright here.  :)

It's got to be Kaladin, right? He is awesome. Syl is included in that, of course. Honorary mention to Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor. 

That's okay. I enjoy mingling with other Brightlords. 

First you claim to have green eyes when your picture say's they're blue, now you claim to be lighteyes when you have  the rank of a dark eyes.

I am beginning to have serious reservations with regards your so-called identity.

...But yeah, to add to what Mistrunner said: Mistborn is another great series by Brandon. But, it's actually getting a couple of sequels at the end of the year, so my general recommendation would be to start the series a little closer to their release date and just read through them all at once. They are pretty short (at least compared to the Stormlight Archive), so it shouldn't take that long.

No opinion on Elantris, since I haven't read it.