Suddenly, Thow's head shoots up, his eyes wide.

"That's it!" he exclaims loudly, ignoring the shushes. "Books before friends! 17th Shard before the real world! Release dates before birthdays!"

He then shouts in an unintelligible language, the words sending shockwaves through observers' souls. He then reaches into his pack and throws the potato onto the ground. He leaps into the portal, which has a slight green tinge to it.

Amrynn turns away from Inkwell, feeling the shockwave from Thow. He runs to the portal to try and follow him, but it closed as he got to it. He must have gotten a lead to The Potato. He thought I'll leave that to him, since that's his responsibility.

• 3 weeks later...

"He's right!" Maggie exclaims, pointing a finger at Thow, "I've been just standing here, waiting for Raven to respond to my introduction for 23 days! This is worse than my childhood spent in the Hushlands! I need to read!"

She then runs off, shouting about havingto re-read Mistborn, in order to be prepared for Shadows of Self.

Edited by The Honor Spren

A vortex appears in the wall. Thow stumbles out, his robes on fire. He does not appear to notice, and glances around wildly.

"I detected a dying thread, so I came here as quick as I could!" he says. "And has anyone seen Mistrunner? I must speak with her."

"Hungh?" Mistrunner says, waking up with a start and nearly falling off her chair. "Oh, much... so... um... very sorry. Fell asleep. What do you have to tell me?"

Amrynn blinked out of a hazy stupor. He looked around, seeing other people do the same. Thow was having a conversation with Mistrunner, and Maggie was reading.

"What happened?" He asked no one in particular.

"I don't know," Fi said, scratching her head. "I can't remember anything either."

"Do you think that this was of Odium? Or maybe we were just in a heightened sense of awkward." Amrynn thought aloud. He reached into his satchel to check his spheres but found some strange morsels instead.

He pulled out his hand and discovered that he had a stash of beard nuts stored up. He popped one into his mouth and noted it's magnificent flavor. I should get back to "Hero of Ages" he thought, Lashing himself to the wall and reading.

"You fell asleep... for 23 days?" Thow says incredulously. "That's some serious napping power. Maybe you should add that to the list of Awkward Surges, or whatever they're called."

"Well... um... yes," Mistrunner said. "I've had a tiring... month ago." She straightens up and fixes a few books that had toppled over. "What were you going to say?"

"Horror? Timetraveling is awesome!" Summer claimed. "Or, I think so. I have a friend who's obsessed with this guy called the Doctor. He's a timetraveler. Also, sounds like a good friend of Hoid. Squee! Anyway, goes to totally new social situation and guess what? Gets friended by the local nerd community before first period starts. Squee!" 

"Horror? Timetraveling is awesome!" Summer claimed. "Or, I think so. I have a friend who's obsessed with this guy called the Doctor. He's a timetraveler. Also, sounds like a good friend of Hoid. Squee! Anyway, goes to totally new social situation and guess what? Gets friended by the local nerd community before first period starts. Squee!"

"Only friends with? I thought he was the Doctor..." Mistrunner muses. "Changing his face, traveling across space to epic moments in time..."

WayneSpren entered the room, tipping back his hat.

"Knight's Awkward is right nice, innit?" he said, then repeated the oaths.

Books before friends. 17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays.

I will convert those who are not

I will convince those without to buy two copies

I will loan my extras to anyone without

The Knight's Awkward...will rise again.

Edited by WayneSpren

Books before friends. 17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays.

Mistrunner rises, for once gracefully, and is so shocked that she starts and trips to the ground, somehow getting tangled in draperies and assorted clothing items. "Your.... words...'re accepted..." This said, she faints, or falls asleep again. It's difficult to tell the difference sometimes.

"Wait a second..." Thow muttered. "If you're a spren, then how are you becoming a Knight Awkward?"

*Chimera the Paradoxspren snaps out of its whimsical reverie, turning into a miniature dustcloud to mimic the floating dust kicked up from Mistrunner's fall* "This isn't right, I thought Hoid was s'posed to be bringing chouta? And why does WayneSpren have a cool hat and I don't?! Why am i asking rhetorical questions? Too many questions and answers, my...head hurts...wait...i have a head? o.O *Chimera floats down to Mistrunner, resting above a book that fell in the chaos* "What kind of food is this?" o.O

• 2 weeks later...

"Be on the look out for a blue box! Time travelers are everywhere. . . "

Mistrunner pops up. "Yes! And aliens. One must always be wary. Fortunately, I made a hat. It isn't full protection, being made from straw instead of aluminum foil, but it's worked for me in the past." She flops a floppy flop of a hat onto her head and grins madly.

Mistrunner pops up. "Yes! And aliens. One must always be wary. Fortunately, I made a hat. It isn't full protection, being made from straw instead of aluminum foil, but it's worked for me in the past." She flops a floppy flop of a hat onto her head and grins madly.

"Ooh! Ooh!" Maggie jumps up and down, hand raised. "Can I have one? They might not work as well for aliens, but they could help with Gaks, which are nearly as bad, you know." She nods sagely, an effect slightly diminished by the crumbs of a Shallan bookie all over her face. (Innocent with undertones of dark secrets) Edited by The Honor Spren