"So," ventured Maggie, "I guess you're my spren now? What's your name?"

"Opalescenda," came the reply. Maggie looked up at the spren. She looked. . . Exactly like a fairy. She had a dress made of orange petals and green vines, butterfly wings, pointed ears, and a golden glow. She left a trail of shimmery green leaves behind her as she flew.

"How exactly, are you awkward? You look beautiful to me."

Opalescenda blushed. "I'm still not sure," she confessed, "my memory isn't fully recovered. I still don't know what type of awkward spren I am."

"Hmm, makes sense." Maggie absentmindedly chewed on a bookie as she walked. It tasted awesome, it was Lift after all. "Can I call you Opal?"

Opal nodded

"Good. Now I think we. . ." Maggie trailed off as she saw the room they'd come to. Beanbags. Beanbags and no people and books on shelves that were so tall she couldn't see the top. "This place is. . . the most wonderful place I've ever seen." She ran through laughing, Opal whirling around beside her, "This place has everything! Defending Elysium, Dragonsteel prime--"she cut off, then looked at Opal, eyes wide. "The Elantris 25th edition."

Opal's eyes gleamed. "We need to get this to Mistrunner."

They both took off in a dash.

"Mistrunner! We found it!" Maggie called.

"Thank you, Lady Awkward- er Mistrunner." Amrynn stuttered. Blushing, he walked over to the bookshelves and beanbags when he was nearly run over by Maggie. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off by her exclamation.

"Mistrunner! We found it!" She yelled. He closed his mouth, trying to see what they were so excited about.

"You found the 25th Anniversary edition of Elantris?" Mist squealed. I guess I'll have to get around to reading that. He thought to himself. Though maybe not the 25th edition. She seems a bit attached to that one. It was at that moment that Fi came fluttering back to him, looking dejected.

"What, she didn't think that you were godly enough to be bowed to?" He prodded. "Are you sad about that?"

"No. Don't be ridiculous."

"Well, if you're not sad then what are you?"

She took the form of a twig. "I am a stick." She murmured.

"You know that sticks are usually made of wood, right, oh mighty stick?"

"I'm better than the average stick. I'm your trusty Shard-stick!"

"You could be fire. Shard-fire."

"Okay, I'm stopping this joke here." Fi transformed back into the form of a young woman, "We're not in The Church of the Stick anymore."

"Okay, I'll find a copy of Mistborn. My copy was ruined on the way over here." He said, burning a bit of tin and scanning the bookshelves. "Ah, there it is." He extinguished the tin and took the book off of the shelf, grabbed a Hoid bookie, (though it tasted a bit funny. Or I guess "witty" would be more appropriate.) and opened it to where he last left off.

Edited by Amrynn

((I feel like I should include a physical description here. I couldn't fit one into the RP. Chin length brown hair, gray-green eyes flecked with brown, pale skin, freckles, and a slender build. She is fourteen-ish.))

Maggie picks another bookie off the plate and takes a bite. She chews contemplatively on it for a moment, then gags and spits it out.

"What is it?" Asks Opal, looking concerned.

"Sadeas. Disgusting." Maggie shudders, then walks back into the beanbag room. She picks Alloy of Law off the shelf, then stops.

"There's people here now," she whispers to Opal. "What do I do?"

"Just act like human normal?" Opal looks perplexed.

Maggie takes a deep breath, then nervously hurries towards a purple beanbag.

I won't trip, she tells herself, everyone else, always falls over around here. I won't-- Maggie trips and falls face first onto her beanbag. She shrugs, sucks in booklight, and starts reading.

A sound whispered through the library-home of the Knights Awkward. It was almost nothing, one hair rubbing against another. Then another, and another.

There was a spark of light, and a long white strand of hair appeared, seemingly fed through from another place, growing longer by the second as it hung in midair.

The hair grew, twisting and expanding, until it reached the floor. It still didn't stop there, expending some more until it covered a decent sized area white white beard.

The beard began to retract, leaving something behind. The legs were the first to be seen, thin wooden supports. The beard retreated, revealing more and more leg until it reached the top of the legs. Now the beard seemed to roll back away from the item, which turned out to be an artist's easel, holding a painting.

Once the beard had freed itself from the easel, it pulled back towards the point in the air where it had first appeared and started to shrink. It pulled in on itself, gradually getting smaller, until it disappeared with a pop, apparently returning to wherever it had came from.

The painting it left behind was recognizable to anyone who had read Warbreaker. There was a plaza, obviously in Hallandren, but with a few details out of place. The clock, for example, looked familiar. And the spear, held by the statue of one of Kalad's Phantoms, looked... off. Maybe it was nothing, just an extension of the abstract way the painter had used to create this, or was it something more?

Amrynn looked up from Mistborn to see a familiar beard form in the middle of the room. Just in time. I've been meaning to request a beardnut. I've heard that they're quite delicious. Then the beard began to disappear.

"Wait, Bortholemew!" He yelled, earning a few looks of disapproval. "I wanted to ask you for a beardnu-" He was too late. the beard had disappeared, leaving behind only an easel with something on it. ​It's probably from somewhere in the Cosmere. I'll need to check that one out too. Amrynn turned back to his beanbag, looking disappointed.

Edited by Amrynn

A spark of light in a quiet corner of the Library spawned a strand of white hair. It grew, spinning into a cocoon, and depositing Raven onto the floor before retreating into a beard shape. Then, with a pop, Bortholemew appeared attached to the beard, and staggered back a few steps.

"Home," he said. Then he looked at Raven and asked, "Does it seem busier in here than before we left?"

Without waiting for an answer, Bortholemew reached into his beard and pulled forth a flower. "Luma, take this and store it with the painting. We'll need it again, once we have more clues." "Yes, Bortholemew," the spren replied, shooting off with the flower.

A second spren appeared. "Master Bortholemew."

"Yes, Inkwell?" Bortholemew asked. Inkwell was one of the Library's spren, bonded to the building in a way even normal spren didn't comprehend.

"This arrived for you while you were away," Inkwell held out his hand and a note appeared in it, telling the midget of a new clue discovered. This one on Roshar again. He handed the note to Raven and said, "Our next clue is on Roshar, Highprince Dalinar's warcamp. Meet you there? I have a few things to do around here first."

Edited by Bort

Amrynn turned away from Thow's inner struggle to choose an order to see Bartholemew back in the Library... hall... thing. "You're back! If it doesn't bother you too much, I would like a beardnut, as I have heard of the unique beardy goodness."

Fi materialized from the Master Shard. "Um, are you sure that you want to take food from a strange man's beard?" she cautioned.

"But he's not just some guy on the streets, he's a fellow Knight Awkward."

Raven read the note, nodded slightly, meeting Bortholemew's eyes. "Agreed."

Turning away, she tried to stand up, only to trip over the table that was conveniently placed there. She winced, then stood properly, opening her hands to reveal a paper crane. "Ien, the disguise kit please? Make sure it has a safehand."

The paper crane nodded slightly and flew off as Raven glanced out over the Library.

"We do have new members," she muttered, then raised her voice. "I haven't been around recently, so I might as well reintroduce myself. I am Raven, Forumlurker, and Stormlight obsessed."

She spun around, almost falling over. "Hey, er, Link-costumed guy. I'm afraid I missed your name. What's your favorite book?"

"Hey, er, Link-costumed guy. I'm afraid I missed your name. What's your favorite book?"

"Hello, Lady Raven. I am Amrynn, fellow Forumlurker and former Hero of Hyrule. It's a... long story." Amrynn said, noticing Raven for the first time. "My favorite books as of yet are the Stormlight Archive, what I've read of Mistborn, Ender's Game, Steelheart- I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

"Yes you are. You really should work on that." Fi remarked. "I'll leave you to mumbling, I'll go meet that spren, Ien." She flew off after the paper crane.

"Eh, sorry about her. She can be a bit distracted and quite blunt. Anyway, pleased to meet you. I take it that you are an acquaintance of Bartholemew?"

Edited by Amrynn

"When did I first attract you?" Maggie asks Opal, "Kaladin attracted Sylphrena way before their bond was officially formed, was it the same for you?"

"The first thing I remember, was you, standing awkwardly outside a group of older teenagers, laughing at their jokes, but not joining in on conversation. Being there, but not a part of them. That feeling of klutziness is what initially drew me, but the bond grew, as you spent more and more of your time reading in your room." Opal smiles.

Maggie returns the gesture, "Come on, lets go see what they're doing."

She walks over to Amrymn and that other girl. She comes in between them and leans down, "Heya guys, watcha' talkin' about?"

Raven coughed. "It's complicated. It's more than he recruited me...or I recruited myself. Not too sure on the details."

She paused, then shook her head. "That doesn't answer your question, though does it?" If Ien was here, he'd be frowning.

"So I guess the answer to your question is yes? Sort of? We're partners. That counts."

A voice off to the side causes her to turn, and she smiles at the newcomer. "We're talking about books, and Bortholemew. He's off somewhere again, I think. Anyway, Stormlight Archives are my favorite books, but I also enjoy Alloy of Law, and Warbreaker. Always Warbreaker. You?"

Bortholemew had indeed wandered off, having noted a request for beardnuts. He would get to that, but first, "Mistrunner, Awkwardmother, I have been successful. I return home with a fellow Knight, a Tear of Edgli, and a painting which holds out first clue to the Shardmarks. Now, though, I must return to Roshar. The item we seek there has been moved, and is once again somewhere we can retrieve it."

He bowed and turned away. There was one more thing he needed to do before he left. The Hero of Hyrule... He wanted beardnuts. "Inkwell," the bearded one said quietly. It was a Library. Everything was done quietly.

The libraryspren quickly appeared, and Bortholemew walked towards where Raven was talking with a few others. "Amrynn," Bortholemew said, "this is Inkwell. He is one of the Library's spren, and he will teach you how to make beardnuts. It is a sacred Knights Awkward recipe though, so you must never teach anyone outside these... erm, fragments of interstellar mysticism which make up our walls."

Raven coughed. "It's complicated. It's more than he recruited me...or I recruited myself. Not too sure on the details."

She paused, then shook her head. "That doesn't answer your question, though does it?" If Ien was here, he'd be frowning.

"So I guess the answer to your question is yes? Sort of? We're partners. That counts."

A voice off to the side causes her to turn, and she smiles at the newcomer. "We're talking about books, and Bortholemew. He's off somewhere again, I think. Anyway, Stormlight Archives are my favorite books, but I also enjoy Alloy of Law, and Warbreaker. Always Warbreaker. You?"

Maggie's eyes become unfocused as she speaks, "The Stormlight Archive is life, the universe, and everything." She shakes her head as she remembers where she is, "But I also like all of his Cosmere novellas. Oh, and I'm Maggie, by the way. Though my full name is Margaret Susan, you can call me Maggie. Or Maggie Sue. I've even been called Maggie Moo before. And this is Opal." Maggie gestures to Opalescenda, as the spren flips her auburn hair. "She's my Awkward Spren."