Kamorian hesitantly walks into the room, attempting to both stare at his feet and the hundreds of books that line the walls.

As he approaches the throne covered in books, he silently murmurs "shshshshsh."

He then clears his throat and repeats, "what exactly does a guild do?"

Edited by KamorianKandra

Mistrunner peers out from behind her suitcase packed with books. She clears her throat, coughs, then says "I- um - well, some of the others do things differently, but we read books. Mostly. Right now we're searching for a 25th anniversary edition of Elantris, though most people are still reading or posting on 17th Shard. You wouldn't happen to have it, would you?" she asks hopefully.

Mistrunner peers out from behind her suitcase packed with books. She clears her throat, coughs, then says "I- um - well, some of the others do things differently, but we read books. Mostly. Right now we're searching for a 25th anniversary edition of Elantris, though most people are still reading or posting on 17th Shard. You wouldn't happen to have it, would you?" she asks hopefully.

"Well, I do kind've have acess to a... um... w-well, a rather fine time machine. N-not that I know how to use it of course, but..." At this Kamorian trails off nervously and stares back down at his feet.

Karen awkwardly peers into the room. 

"Hello...? I'd like to join...?"

Then she knocks down a bunch of books.

"Wait...is that the book you're looking for?"

"I... am not sure. The only clue as to its whereabouts is this slip of paper. It has an address and a name on it." She gestures to a scrap of paper on the floor.

"Well, I do kind've have acess to a... um... w-well, a rather fine time machine. N-not that I know how to use it of course, but..." At this Kamorian trails off nervously and stares back down at his feet.

Mistrunners eyes widen. "Is it a TARDIS?!" she asks.

mpewi.jpg

Yes. Yes it does.

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

I will convert those who are not

I will convince those without to buy two copies

I will loan my extras to anyone without.

Mistrunners eyes widen. "Is it a TARDIS?!" she asks.

"No," Kamorian responds sadly. "Just a regular everyday time machine."

After standing there silently for a moment, Kamorian makes a stunning announcement.

"I l-lied about the time machine. It doesn't exist. I thought you would let me join the Knights Awkward if I had one. I'm s-so sorry. Please  forgive me," Kamorian says, as unrealistic amounts of tears flow from his eyes. He then runs over into an unoccupied corner of the room and holds his head in his arms, being careful to not get tears on any of the books.

Note: Sorry, that was awkward.

Edited by KamorianKandra

This is an awkward time but I guess.....

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

I will convert those who are not

I will convince those without to buy two copies

I will loan my extras to anyone without

So, just a question, what happens if, hypothetically, one of your friends/relatives has a birthday on a release date?

My cousin has a birthday on shadows of self's release date. (10/6)

Guess what I'll be doing that day.

Revan Karrde peers into the room full of books, walks in, and trips on thin air. Blushing, he gets up and shouts a bit too loudly, "Hi, I'm Reva-Kaladin. I guess you can call me kaladin er...something else if you want too, but...yeah. I'm wondering what do we do here once we've joined." He then proceeded to flail his arms about until he crossed them in what could be the most awkward looking position ever executed.

Raven walks into the Library of the Knights Awkward, laptop case at her side. Stopping just out of reach of Mistrunner, she bows shallowly, then starts scrambling through her laptop case. After dumping out a dozen half-filled papers, she drops one at Mistrunner's foot, reading

Books before friends. 17 Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays.

I will read that which has not been read.

I will stay silent among many words.

I will enjoy without being upvoted.

Grabbing the mess of papers, she retreats to a quiet corner of the Hall.

Revan Karrde peers into the room full of books, walks in, and trips on thin air. Blushing, he gets up and shouts a bit too loudly, "Hi, I'm Reva-Kaladin. I guess you can call me kaladin er...something else if you want too, but...yeah. I'm wondering what do we do here once we've joined." He then proceeded to flail his arms about until he crossed them in what could be the most awkward looking position ever executed.

Mistrunner frowns. "I'm actually not sure." She whispers conspiratorially, "It is our greatest secret- we have no idea what we're doing."

Raven walks into the Library of the Knights Awkward, laptop case at her side. Stopping just out of reach of Mistrunner, she bows shallowly, then starts scrambling through her laptop case. After dumping out a dozen half-filled papers, she drops one at Mistrunner's foot, reading

Books before friends. 17 Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays.

I will read that which has not been read.

I will stay silent among many words.

I will enjoy without being upvoted.

Grabbing the mess of papers, she retreats to a quiet corner of the Hall.

Raven is accepted into the weirdness of the Knights Awkward and forgiveness is asked in advance for brain damage caused.

I notice that there are only nine orders, as opposed to ten. May I put forth another?

The order of the Rolesmiths

I will bind others together with fictional narratives

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me

I shall raise my strength stat to defend those without, even at the cost of my resources

I offer the oaths: Books before friends, 17th shard before reality, release dates before birthdays!

Edit: I don't know what surges they may have... Role playing and Obsessiveness?

Edited by BramFinem

I notice that there are only nine orders, as opposed to ten. May I put forth another?

The order of the Rolesmiths

I will bind others together with fictional narratives

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me

I shall raise my strength stat to defend those without, even at the cost of my resources

I offer the oaths: Books before friends, 17th shard before reality, release dates before birthdays!

Edit: I don't know what surges they may have... Role playing and Obsessiveness?

It... it's beautiful...

I shall add it to the other orders.

There was a loud thud as Bortholemew the Blind slammed closed his massive tome. Moving to Mistrunner, he bowed. "Mistrunner, I must leave this sanctum for a while. A spanreed message has arrived with a possible location for a clue to the whereabouts of the fabled Shardmarks. I hope to return with good news soon. Until then, stay safe, and never lose your page."

The midget with the large hair and glasses bowed again, then headed for the exit.

Edited by Bort

Mistrunner's hands slam down on the sides of her book throne and her head pokes up above the pile of tomes in front of her. "Shardmarks? Did someone say something about shardmarks? The legendary marks of..." she trails off as she notices something. Something important.

"Summer!" she yells awkwardly. "You forgot Firefight!"