Mistrunner

The Knights Awkward

981 posts in this topic

"It is truely because you have found friends that enjoy the books that you do and that will build bonds faster than anything else."

I swear the second oath of the Rolesmiths.

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me," sobbed Wizard as all his creatures were killed by namless.

Posted (edited)

*Sigh* "Maybe it's time for me to swear these oaths...

Books before friends,

17th Shard before real world,

Release dates before birthdates.

Woah... I feel so... empowered.

I will waste time on forum games even when there is no time to waste."

Edited by Sequence

"

I will bind others together with fictional narratives

I will battle on, even if my fictional characters fall around me
I shall raise my strength stat to defend those without, even at the cost of my resources,"

also "I will waste time on forum games even when there is no time to waste."

A youth, in her teens, enters the sacred Library Hall of the Knights Awkward. She stumbles over a book on the floor. She looks down, adjusting her glasses, and, Preservation’s Wings! It’s Alloy of Law! She is filled with excitement, and yearns to read it. But for some reason that she cannot place, she feels that she can’t read it yet. Like their is something she must do. Books before friends, a voice whispers. It is faint, but she can just barely hear it. 17th Shard before... the voice quiets. Now she realizes what she must do. She speaks the oaths. “Books before friends,” she says, her voice just a little too loud. “17th Shard before the real world!” She shouts the last sentence. “RELEASE DATES BEFORE BIRTHDAYS!” She feels a burden set down, as if she has accomplished something monumental. Everyone’s probably staring at me, she realizes. She snatched Alloy of Law up from the floor and scurries over to a bean bag in the corner. But wait.. where is everyone? This place, bustling with life in the stories she had heard, was empty. Populated only by the memory of life. And of course, books. Lots and lots of books. She shrugs, and sits down, cracking open Alloy of Law. At least I can read in silence, she thinks. 

(Wow that was a lot longer than I meant it to be)