Mistrunner

The Knights Awkward

943 posts in this topic

"Uhmm... alright, I guess...? Thanks," Kellenna stammered amid all the weird things that were going on around her. "Wait, did I tell you my name? Ah, whatever.

Books before Friends.

17th Shard before Real World.

Release Dates before Birthdays."

As the young woman finished speaking these words, she burst alight with glowing azure Booklight. "Oh, neat! So what do I do with all this light stuff?"

Could someone give me a basic summary of what's going on? I've been asked to consider an alliance with you, and it would of course be rude to jump into a roleplay without understanding their magic system. Is there a list of terms anywhere?

First, read the OP, if you haven't already.

Then....

Um, someone really needs to outline the various basic points of Bookbinding.

1 hour ago, AonEne said:

rude to jump into a roleplay

It really would be wouldn’t it :ph34r:

Edited by Snipexe

Although maybe not for this RP.

I didn't mean to offend...

I have read it, and think I'll become a Shipward to find the other Ideals. I'm excited to do that.

Edited by AonEne

"@Le Sigh These words are accepted, you now have the ability to suck in booklight from the books around you! Booklight is used to manipulate the surges of awkwardness. 

Sev-son-Ivor ( @StormblessedSurvivor ) first off I'm no "great lord" I'm just a member of the Forumlurkers who happens to accept oaths." As he says the words great lord actual quotation marks appear around his head, "Second, if you speak the oath of awkwardness you may join."

I think I will start designing an Awkwardbinding chart! I could use help. This link should work. Pm me if you want the edit link.

Edited by The Forumlurker

"Books before friends. 17th Shard before the real world. Release dates before birthdays. And now for the Words of my Order. I will make fun of the unmakefunnable." Sev sucked in Booklight. "Oh neat what're my Surges?"

It has been a long time since we have had one of you Quipsmiths within our ranks. Your surges are for you to figure out on your own, however while apart of our guild we can help you progress...as long as you stay away from us while we are reading :P.

For now I think that your surges should be Namecalling and Fictionweaving as seen on the Awkwardbinding chart. But I am always open to suggestions. 

Posted (edited)

A young woman enters the room, her eyes alight with excitement and mirth. She steps up to the person admitting Knights, and starts to speak to them.

Hi! My name is Ehela, and I would like to join the Knights Awkward. I’ve been following your group for a while now, and I think that I would fit in. I have been studying the surges that you use, and the Spren that support you, and I hope to help you all find out more information about Bookbinding. Anyways, I really hope you let me join” 

With this, Ehela withdraws to the back and waits for a response with her copy of Oathbringer.

Edited by AngryMistspren

Suddenly, the doors of the great hall burst open in a flurry of wind. A lone figure enters, clothed in a forest green robe. He enters the hall, then steps on his untied shoelace and falls on his face.

As he recovers, he adjusts his glasses and looks upon the assembled Knights Awkward. He bows to the current Knights Awkward, and then he proceeds to speak:

“I am Keeper Exile. I have come from a faraway land to arrive here, among the greatest super-fans that have ever assembled under the name of Sanderson. I have spoken the ideals: Books before friends, 17th Shard before the real world, Release dates before birthdays; I will read that which has not been read. I wish to walk the path of a Formlurker and discover that which has been lost.”

He comes up from his bow. “I will leave you to consider.” Then he proceeds to walk to the edge of the hall, sit down, and starts to browse the Coppermind.

Dapper looked up from scribbling furiously in his journal, shrugged, and continued writing. 

Posted (edited)

Ocelot stood up from her laptop. "I wish to join your ranks as a Theoryweaver, Knights Awkward. Books before friends. 17th Shard before real life. Release dates before birthdays."

Edited by BookishOcelot

Posted (edited)

Suddenly, the doors of the great hall burst open! It was Hoid, herald of Quipsmiths. "The nerdpact has been broken. The other fandoms are... woah. I'd insult you all, but that would be to easy. the knights aquard live up to their names. Anyway, the other fandoms are attacking!"

Edited by ShardShaper

"Storm off!" Dapper said, sucking in Booklight, "The other fandoms haven't been worldbuilt yet, we're working on it." he snapped his fingers, and Booklight flowed from him into Hoid. The immortal glowed brightly, then exploded into Light.

"Ah me. Well, he's not actually dead, don't worry."

"Wait, why did you attack him? He wasn't doing anything wrong," Kellenna asked.

Hopefully this doesn't count as a necro.

The door creaked open, and a girl with auburn hair and green eyes walked in. The creak was actually quite impressive, beginning before the door started to open, and ending only after it had been closed for half a second. If you looked closely, then you may have been able to see a small spren zipping away from the hinges after it finished creaking. The girl seemed totally oblivious to the loud creak and the rest of the people standing around, and began to examine the shelves of many books. Then she gasped, pulling out some type of guidebook or something. She flipped through the pages for a moment before finding what she was looking for. It was a picture of the very same room as she now stood in, though with a few subtle changes. The girl's eyes widened and she walked over to the closest person and whispered in an awed voice "Is this the Knights Awkward? You guys are famous! I mean, the bookies, and the library . . . So many books . . ." She trailed off, a hungry look in her eyes.