"Uhmm... alright, I guess...? Thanks," Kellenna stammered amid all the weird things that were going on around her. "Wait, did I tell you my name? Ah, whatever.

Books before Friends.

17th Shard before Real World.

Release Dates before Birthdays."

As the young woman finished speaking these words, she burst alight with glowing azure Booklight. "Oh, neat! So what do I do with all this light stuff?"

Could someone give me a basic summary of what's going on? I've been asked to consider an alliance with you, and it would of course be rude to jump into a roleplay without understanding their magic system. Is there a list of terms anywhere?

"@Le Sigh These words are accepted, you now have the ability to suck in booklight from the books around you! Booklight is used to manipulate the surges of awkwardness. 

Sev-son-Ivor ( @StormblessedSurvivor ) first off I'm no "great lord" I'm just a member of the Forumlurkers who happens to accept oaths." As he says the words great lord actual quotation marks appear around his head, "Second, if you speak the oath of awkwardness you may join."

I think I will start designing an Awkwardbinding chart! I could use help. This link should work. Pm me if you want the edit link.

Edited by The Forumlurker

It has been a long time since we have had one of you Quipsmiths within our ranks. Your surges are for you to figure out on your own, however while apart of our guild we can help you progress...as long as you stay away from us while we are reading :P.

For now I think that your surges should be Namecalling and Fictionweaving as seen on the Awkwardbinding chart. But I am always open to suggestions. 

• 4 weeks later...

A young woman enters the room, her eyes alight with excitement and mirth. She steps up to the person admitting Knights, and starts to speak to them.

Hi! My name is Ehela, and I would like to join the Knights Awkward. I’ve been following your group for a while now, and I think that I would fit in. I have been studying the surges that you use, and the Spren that support you, and I hope to help you all find out more information about Bookbinding. Anyways, I really hope you let me join” 

With this, Ehela withdraws to the back and waits for a response with her copy of Oathbringer.

Edited by AngryMistspren

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly, the doors of the great hall burst open in a flurry of wind. A lone figure enters, clothed in a forest green robe. He enters the hall, then steps on his untied shoelace and falls on his face.

As he recovers, he adjusts his glasses and looks upon the assembled Knights Awkward. He bows to the current Knights Awkward, and then he proceeds to speak:

“I am Keeper Exile. I have come from a faraway land to arrive here, among the greatest super-fans that have ever assembled under the name of Sanderson. I have spoken the ideals: Books before friends, 17th Shard before the real world, Release dates before birthdays; I will read that which has not been read. I wish to walk the path of a Formlurker and discover that which has been lost.”

He comes up from his bow. “I will leave you to consider.” Then he proceeds to walk to the edge of the hall, sit down, and starts to browse the Coppermind.

• 5 weeks later...

Suddenly, the doors of the great hall burst open! It was Hoid, herald of Quipsmiths. "The nerdpact has been broken. The other fandoms are... woah. I'd insult you all, but that would be to easy. the knights aquard live up to their names. Anyway, the other fandoms are attacking!"

Edited by ShardShaper

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this doesn't count as a necro.

The door creaked open, and a girl with auburn hair and green eyes walked in. The creak was actually quite impressive, beginning before the door started to open, and ending only after it had been closed for half a second. If you looked closely, then you may have been able to see a small spren zipping away from the hinges after it finished creaking. The girl seemed totally oblivious to the loud creak and the rest of the people standing around, and began to examine the shelves of many books. Then she gasped, pulling out some type of guidebook or something. She flipped through the pages for a moment before finding what she was looking for. It was a picture of the very same room as she now stood in, though with a few subtle changes. The girl's eyes widened and she walked over to the closest person and whispered in an awed voice "Is this the Knights Awkward? You guys are famous! I mean, the bookies, and the library . . . So many books . . ." She trailed off, a hungry look in her eyes.

• 3 weeks later...

Dappper looked up from his ARC of A Memory of Light with a raised eyebrow. (the book was a one-of-a-kind collectable, part of a set gifted to him by his father)

~~~

Dapper exploded into light with no warning whatsoever. When the light faded, a man who looked like Dapper was standing his place. "Ha!" he cried, "The ties binding our Threads aren't strong enough to keep us all on the same time zone!" the not-Dapper clapped his hands in a satisfied way and continued, "So, I come bearing an offer. We would like you people to join our multiverse, or something."

@Butt Ad Venture

Edited by Dr. Dapper

• 5 months later...

Cahira walked into the room and mumbled "Books before friends, 17th shard before reality, release dates before birthdays." She walked over to a corner, tripped over her own feet, and then said, "Fine. I will bind others together with fictional narratives. Can I read now?" She picked up a copy of Elantris, and proceeded to ignore any voice in her head, cuz what if it was from a bad shard? Only evil ones force you away from books to social interaction needlessly .

• 2 weeks later...

Ally stretched, releasing a yawn. She looks around at the room. “Wow, I’ve been out for a while.” She dusts herself off, wondering if anyone remembers when she wasn’t covered in a stack of books, deep in a Haitus- or well... “slumber”. “This place has quieted down a lot since the last time I was conscious.” 

• 1 month later...

Eighth blinked becoming suddenly aware. How long had it been? He thought, groaning as he looked around the still room. He forced himself to stand, years worth of dust falling from his clothes. He groaned again, his joints protesting, stiff from years of disuse. He began a slow determined set of stretches as he again took stock of the room. Motionless figures covered the room, many on the floor with books in their laps, others standing, or leaning against the dusty shelves. A few were seated in the few chairs scattered around the room. An eerie stillness covered the room, the quiet broken only by the shallow breaths from the frozen people. 

Eighth took a hesitant step, his feet disturbing the dust on the long-neglected floor. He walked slowly to the desk in the middle of the room, his footsteps echoing off the cobweb-covered walls. He brushed the dust off a book in the center of the table reading the title on the first page, 

The Knights Awkward: 

Speak again the hallowed oaths:

Books before friends.

17th Shard before the real world.

Release dates before birthdays.

He looked up again at the still room, This is not right. He thought. Eighth dropped the book back onto the desk with a booming thud, "Too long," he shouted to the quiet room, "have we remained dormant. Too long have we sat in our dusty hall, watching the world pass by! Well no more! We will not sit idle, we will not remain frozen in our stupor! We are the Knights Awkward! and WE are better than this! Knights... Awake!"

@Mistrunner @Slowswift @Silverblade5 @Allomancy @Dr. Dapper @Snipexe @Butt Ad Venture

I only tagged people that seemed to still be active.

Edited by TheVillageIdiot